shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 you could have responded with "we agreed last year, no visit, remember" lol!

She has a cell phone and knows how to use it.
She has been known to call right before she shows up, like 5 minutes warning. You should see me trying to clean up the kitchen in 5 minutes.
And several times she called from OUR DRIVEWAY.....!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She has a cell phone and knows how to use it.
She has been known to call right before she shows up, like 5 minutes warning. You should see me trying to clean up the kitchen in 5 minutes.
And several times she called from OUR DRIVEWAY.....!

Oh my, that would make me insane, how hard is it to give some notice? I can't even imagine having to straighten everything in five minutes, because let's face it, we know how critical our MIL's can be!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
99% sure friends changed their toddler’s name and gender identity.

I’ve met this kid several times. The mom showed me photos from the Christmas market and I said something about David looking adorable in his outfit. Mom cuts in with actually HER name is Nancy.

I’m sure that this couple had twins, one a boy and one a girl. Now it’s two girls.

She acted like she’s had a girl named Nancy all along. Part of me wonders if I’m going crazy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want this plane ride to be over( so tired right now ) not sure if theres snow on the roads when i land. Will be stupid cold unfortunately

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
silenceoffriends.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nervous. I have no choice but to travel. haven't talked about it but mom has aneurysm surgery the 19th. very scared. I'm running a project thats due to close...the day that she has surgery. They want that final meeting to be on guess what day? I'm not sure I will even be in the right frame of mind. The unfortunate part is this is a hard contracted stop which has to be honored (could make me mud in my industry) so, my stress levels are a bit extra right now. Hoping that it all goes well the next few days and that the meeting is nothing more than closing a chapter. (its before her surgery even starts)

The good is I have all brand new plumbing and it didn't cost as much as I was fearing. Thank goodness for a good plumber!

Good luck @Arcadian-sending you lots of positive energy across the miles and hoping it all goes smoothy for you and your mom.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scared and furious today.

Dh just dropped off my 10 & 8 y/o at school. They are in different grades,b ut have swimming class at the local pool together on Fridays. Everyone takes the same bus there (private Bus,just them), accompanied by Three teachers.

At 9.15 h we get a collective eMail, saying that on Wednesday, when two two other classes were there, a man tried to lure some kids away from the group with sweets. Asked them to follow him to his car. They said no and he got angry, then ran away. Police investigation under way, but no results.

I wouldn't have let them go, had our school informed me earlier. Or I'd have sent my Au pair as a fourth adult to accompany them. Now it's too late . She's at school and I'm home with my sick baby and can't go.
I sure hope that they are vigilant as heck now!!!
My girls won't go with a stranger,but one never knows what a sicko might be up to. He was already frustrated and might get violent.
Aaarrghh

Terrifying and I am so sorry you are all dealing with this situation. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks Arcadian! they are home safe and sound. We have organised parents to accompany the children on top of teachers. How not to become a helicopter parent and let them have their independence?? Hubby bought GPS trackers to slide into their inner pockets...and he's usually the super laid back type of person...

Good luck. What a world this is. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We ran out yesterday to buy DH's parents Christmas gifts. His mom lives 3 hours away, and will pop in unannounced with Christmas gifts. We wanted to be prepared,, so we bought gifts yesterday, in anticipation of her annual pop-in visit. No, she doesn't usually call ahead, which is aggravating.
So today she calls from her home and says "We agreed last year, no gifts, remember?"
No, I don't remember, cause you never said it!
Gosh, she makes me crazy.

Oy I would go crazy in that situation too. I do not like anyone just dropping by unannounced. Nope. How hard is it to call ahead? Anyway can you return the gifts you got her since she now decided no gifts? :/

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy I would go crazy in that situation too. I do not like anyone just dropping by unannounced. Nope. How hard is it to call ahead? Anyway can you return the gifts you got her since she now decided no gifts? :/

They will still get these gifts. We got Dad a food basket and a gift card to his favorite restaurant. We will keep the food cause it's perishable, and slip him the card next time we see him.
And we got Mom slippers and a few other items, which we will hand to her next time she comes "pops in"............:wall:
One time she came by at 9am on a Saturday. She looked at us in our PJs and said "Oh, I guess I came too early!"

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They will still get these gifts. We got Dad a food basket and a gift card to his favorite restaurant. We will keep the food cause it's perishable, and slip him the card next time we see him.
And we got Mom slippers and a few other items, which we will hand to her next time she comes "pops in"............:wall:
One time she came by at 9am on a Saturday. She looked at us in our PJs and said "Oh, I guess I came too early!"

Lolol. I’m sorry Stracci but you are handling this with grace and wisdom. Kudos to you. I wouldn’t be so gracious. I admire you!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want this plane ride to be over( so tired right now ) not sure if theres snow on the roads when i land. Will be stupid cold unfortunately

I hope your mom's surgery goes well! That is a scary thing to deal with. I'm sorry you have a meeting to attend that day. Are they at least nearby so you can see her before the meeting and go over when you are done?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your mom's surgery goes well! That is a scary thing to deal with. I'm sorry you have a meeting to attend that day. Are they at least nearby so you can see her before the meeting and go over when you are done?

Well yes and no. I'm working it out with them right now so that we can do the meeting a day early (tomorrow) instead of Thursday. My head is NOT going to be on straight Thursday, and if all did not go well I would have a world of regret. So, waiting to hear back because they know I won't be exactly in the right mind. Pretty sure they'll go for it.

The surgery scares me to death though. I need my mommy, she keeps my smart alek ass in check :lol: didn't leave the rental place until close to 2am. then it took me FOREVER to get to the hotel because the roads here were really slick. Oh and the rental place had nothing left but a big honking Escalade....lol No charge extra and free tank of gas. Considering my current car (VW GTI) its a yacht on wheels.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck @Arcadian-sending you lots of positive energy across the miles and hoping it all goes smoothy for you and your mom.

thanks @missy we're keeping eveything crossed. We're all hoping it will be an easy peasy fix.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am supposed to walk to help my back heal. Best place to walk where it is warm, dry, not boring? Stores!

Nothing fancy. 50% off at Fred Meyer. I may wear it for a bit of color on days I don't want to pull out the nice stuff or may give it as a present to someone. Either way, I need to recover quickly before I fill my jewelry storage with random stuff :lol: IMG_20191217_131804340_HDR.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am supposed to walk to help my back heal. Best place to walk where it is warm, dry, not boring? Stores!

Nothing fancy. 50% off at Fred Meyer. I may wear it for a bit of color on days I don't want to pull out the nice stuff or may give it as a present to someone. Either way, I need to recover quickly before I fill my jewelry storage with random stuff :lol: IMG_20191217_131804340_HDR.jpg

LOL @TooPatient! Who knew walking could also cost you money haha - it's great you're up and moving. And that's a really pretty necklace, nice find!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling thankful this morning for the true friends I have in my life. No matter what happens I am rich in love and friendship and for that I am supremely grateful.

friends-quote-true-facing-problems.png

Best-friendship-quotes-Never-lose-Friends-Learn-it-True-friends-quotes.jpg

And because this is PS

diamondsandfriends.png

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news, my mom came through surgery. Issues waking up but that was expected. currently in ICU but should come home tomorrow if all goes well. Keeping fingers crossed.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news, my mom came through surgery. Issues waking up but that was expected. currently in ICU but should come home tomorrow if all goes well. Keeping fingers crossed.

Wonderful news! I hope she is well enough to go home tomorrow.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say this has been a heck of a year. And not in a good way. Here's hoping 2020 is much kinder and sweeter and brings good health to all.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
same @missy. right now, sitting in the airport. Bored and missing my doggie. not sure if I will get home on time because of the storms down south.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
same @missy. right now, sitting in the airport. Bored and missing my doggie. not sure if I will get home on time because of the storms down south.

Wishing you safe travels @Arcadian. I hop you get home on time and it's a safe and easy journey.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter heard her engagement ring clicking tonight. :( It's a fishtail prong OEC. She knew what it meant or could mean, thankfully. What a bummer though, she can't wear it now for weeks probably as she gets it looked at by our vintage jeweller, then prong tightening I guess. I hope fishtail prongs are easy to work with. Fingers crossed. Maybe I can get her to take pics, I'm hopeless at it. We're just so glad she noticed before she lost the stone. It's too hard to replace.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Christmas baking and cooking consumes a lot of butter.

I offered to make popcorn late last night--caveat: I ran out of butter. No butter, "WELL THEN FORGET IT". Apparently popcorn is not worth eating without butter. Who knew?? :confused: :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking no cooking, no laundry--nothing--today or tomorrow. I'm almost comatose.

Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays, but it is exhausting!

I agree! I went to bed after everyone went home..I was so exhausted...and still am..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Christmas baking and cooking consumes a lot of butter.

I offered to make popcorn late last night--caveat: I ran out of butter. No butter, "WELL THEN FORGET IT". Apparently popcorn is not worth eating without butter. Who knew?? :confused: :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

OMG I love popcorn without butter. I will be right over @canuk-gal :lickout:
(just a dash of sea salt and oh so yummy IMO).

@sarahb @Mamabean @canuk-gal hope you get to relax and rejuvenate and recharge after all your hard work and a very lovely holiday. You girls deserve some R&R!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Am definitely not over exerting myself for the next couple of days!! Hope you are able to recharge in the next day or 2 @Mamabean!

@sarahb Thank you! I hope you will you! I’m still doing laundry...My grandson had an upset stomach if you know what I mean...:sick:
That wash was a priority so now trying to catch up with all the other wash. This is my second home with a tiny washing machine...This will be an all day job..It’s weird though..I love to wash things in the washing machine....haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results