shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn that stinks. I am sorry your coworkers are behaving that way. I don't get that mentality but am aware it exists. Hope each day there gets better and that your knee heals without complications. You have a good attitude and I have no doubt you will excel at this job.

@stracci2000 Oy I am sorry you experienced this too. Just reminds me why I prefer animals over most people. :/

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes so thankful for the true friends I have made here. I already knew who my real friends are IRL because they have been with me through many decades. Through the good and the bad. Online friends are relatively new for me and I have much to be thankful for re PS. I made some amazing true friends here. There are such great women on this forum. Women I admire and respect and am honored to call my friends. And for the two ladies that turned out to be not true friends it was a valuable learning lesson for me even at my advanced age haha. I am grateful for the opportunity to become wiser despite the unpleasant circumstances and it makes me appreciate my true friends even more. There is little on this earth I dislike more than a hypocrite and a fake friend.

fake-friend-everybody.jpg

Real situations expose fake people so there is much to be grateful for under adverse situations because it exposes who is a real friend and who is just a good faker. Because fake doesn't last forever but true friends do.

And for the online friends I have made here thank you. More valuable than the diamonds and the gemstones are the true friendships I have found here. I mean this from the bottom of my heart.

17474-gems-may-be-precious-but-friends-are-priceless.jpg

I agree @missy..I told you before that when David was diagnosed..a whole bunch of friends dropped off one by one. One friend out of the bunch rolled up her sleeves and stuck with me through it all. I learned a life lesson right there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes so thankful for the true friends I have made here. I already knew who my real friends are IRL because they have been with me through many decades. Through the good and the bad. Online friends are relatively new for me and I have much to be thankful for re PS. I made some amazing true friends here. There are such great women on this forum. Women I admire and respect and am honored to call my friends. And for the two ladies that turned out to be not true friends it was a valuable learning lesson for me even at my advanced age haha. I am grateful for the opportunity to become wiser despite the unpleasant circumstances and it makes me appreciate my true friends even more. There is little on this earth I dislike more than a hypocrite and a fake friend.

fake-friend-everybody.jpg

Real situations expose fake people so there is much to be grateful for under adverse situations because it exposes who is a real friend and who is just a good faker. Because fake doesn't last forever but true friends do.

And for the online friends I have made here thank you. More valuable than the diamonds and the gemstones are the true friendships I have found here. I mean this from the bottom of my heart.

17474-gems-may-be-precious-but-friends-are-priceless.jpg

I agree @missy..I told you before that when David was diagnosed..a whole bunch of friends dropped off one by one. One friend out of the bunch rolled up her sleeves and stuck with me through it all. I learned a life lesson right there.

No matter how long I am on this earth it will never cease to amaze me how some people behave. I am so sorry you experienced this at a time when having the support and love and comfort from your friends would have gone a long way in making a very challenging situation more manageable but I do know that your true friends are lucky indeed to have you by their side Joanne. You are a special individual. A generous kind compassionate woman who means what she says and would not desert your friends in times of trouble.

The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No matter how long I am on this earth it will never cease to amaze me how some people behave. I am so sorry you experienced this at a time when having the support and love and comfort from your friends would have gone a long way in making a very challenging situation more manageable but I do know that your true friends are lucky indeed to have you by their side Joanne. You are a special individual. A generous kind compassionate woman who means what she says and would not desert your friends in times of trouble.

Thank you @missy..There are good people in the world..I know that. I had to do a special program with David in the beginning..I would need a bunch of volunteers to come to my house on a rotating basis. I wouldn’t ask anyone..I didn’t know what to do. We had just moved and I didn’t know many people. A lady came up to me and asked me what was wrong. I told her... but never expected what happened the next day! Twenty-five women...complete strangers...put together their schedule and came to my house for two years. One lady never cleaned her own house..always had someone to do it..but she would come and vacuum my house and do my breakfast dishes. I know they are out there..You have to take a chance at friendship to find them though.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy..There are good people in the world..I know that. I had to do a special program with David in the beginning..I would need a bunch of volunteers to come to my house on a rotating basis. I wouldn’t ask anyone..I didn’t know what to do. We had just moved and I didn’t know many people. A lady came up to me and asked me what was wrong. I told her... but never expected what happened the next day! Twenty-five woman...complete strangers...put together their schedule and came to my house for two years. One lady never cleaned her own house..always had someone to do it..but she would come and vacuum my house and do my breakfast dishes. I know they are out there..You have to take a chance at friendship to find them though.

Yes, you are so right Joanne. One must take a chance at friendship because the reward is great. I don't regret taking a chance but it was my fault because I gave this person two more chances. Crazy I know but I was giving her as much benefit of the doubt that I could. Generally my motto is "fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me" but with this woman I let her fool me two more times. Do I regret it? No. Because I did learn a good lesson from this and also I will never let others bad behavior harden my heart. I am too warm and caring for that. And I like that about myself.

So if anything this experience proved to me I am strong and kind no matter how the other person behaves. But no, I would not let her fool me again. Three times is the charm when it comes to this. And actions always speak so much louder than words. She can talk a good game and fool people easily. But she will no longer fool me.

And as I wrote I am glad I went through this experience and I am not only wiser for it I am stronger for it. But mostly I am so thankful for you and my other online friends who I know to be good, kind and warm individuals who truly care and mean what they say. As I do about you. (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you are so right Joanne. One must take a chance at friendship because the reward is great. I don't regret taking a chance but it was my fault because I gave this person two more chances. Crazy I know but I was giving her as much benefit of the doubt that I could. Generally my motto is "fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me" but with this woman I let her fool me two more times. Do I regret it? No. Because I did learn a good lesson from this and also I will never let others bad behavior harden my heart. I am too warm and caring for that. And I like that about myself.

So if anything this experience proved to me I am strong and kind no matter how the other person behaves. But no, I would not let her fool me again. Three times is the charm when it comes to this. And actions always speak so much louder than words. She can talk a good game and fool people easily. But she will no longer fool me.

And as I wrote I am glad I went through this experience and I am not only wiser for it I am stronger for it. But mostly I am so thankful for you and my other online friends who I know to be good, kind and warm individuals who truly care and mean what they say. As I do about you. (((Hugs))).

Hugs back to you! xxxooo

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra I hope your husband's surgery went well and he recovers quickly!

My disc was herniated more than was shown on the MRI so it would not have healed on its own if I just left it. The entire staff at the hospital was amazing. The surgery went well and they were ready to send me home within a couple of hours after surgery. I insisted on staying until I felt I could make it up the stairs into our house. We have a split-level so there is no avoiding stairs. I can stay on the main level easily, but have about 12 stairs to climb to get to it. They got orders for me to stay overnight so I could take as long as I needed resting and walking. I worked with PT on their stairs and mock up car so I could be sure I could handle going home. I ended up leaving the hospital about 7 last night so it really was the best of all world's in that I got to recover and feel able to manage (and get the tools needed to do so) while being able to sleep in my own home with my cats purring next to me all night.

I am in much less pain now than before surgery. Not quite sure how much pain from surgery is being masked by pain meds, but I don't care. It will fade and I am feeling better all the time. The surgeon is very careful with pain meds. They send a few days at a time and talk with you before considering more.

The only big problem yesterday was that my veins had trouble with the IV. The nurse prepping me for surgery tried once then called the anesthesiologist. I was a little worried as the only other anesthesiologist to do an IV on me really struggled, but this lady was amazing. She brought an assistant with her and an ultrasound machine. It took them quite awhile and a couple of different veins, but they got it in. My veins are apparently hard so a needle can jab to draw blood but doesn't do well getting things in. I'm really not clear why this is because MRI techs have no trouble with IVs for contrast. The best I can figure is they needed a larger size for anesthesia. I think the nurse said 20 gauge?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra I hope your husband's surgery went well and he recovers quickly!

My disc was herniated more than was shown on the MRI so it would not have healed on its own if I just left it. The entire staff at the hospital was amazing. The surgery went well and they were ready to send me home within a couple of hours after surgery. I insisted on staying until I felt I could make it up the stairs into our house. We have a split-level so there is no avoiding stairs. I can stay on the main level easily, but have about 12 stairs to climb to get to it. They got orders for me to stay overnight so I could take as long as I needed resting and walking. I worked with PT on their stairs and mock up car so I could be sure I could handle going home. I ended up leaving the hospital about 7 last night so it really was the best of all world's in that I got to recover and feel able to manage (and get the tools needed to do so) while being able to sleep in my own home with my cats purring next to me all night.

I am in much less pain now than before surgery. Not quite sure how much pain from surgery is being masked by pain meds, but I don't care. It will fade and I am feeling better all the time. The surgeon is very careful with pain meds. They send a few days at a time and talk with you before considering more.

The only big problem yesterday was that my veins had trouble with the IV. The nurse prepping me for surgery tried once then called the anesthesiologist. I was a little worried as the only other anesthesiologist to do an IV on me really struggled, but this lady was amazing. She brought an assistant with her and an ultrasound machine. It took them quite awhile and a couple of different veins, but they got it in. My veins are apparently hard so a needle can jab to draw blood but doesn't do well getting things in. I'm really not clear why this is because MRI techs have no trouble with IVs for contrast. The best I can figure is they needed a larger size for anesthesia. I think the nurse said 20 gauge?

@TooPatient, I'm glad the surgery is behind you and things went well, although I'm sorry they had trouble with the IV. It's great you were able to rest and recover before going home. Wishing you a speedy recovery and I hope you continue doing well. <3

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient relieved it is over and hope you are feeling even better today with much less pain. Wishing you fast healing and a complete recovery. How is dear fur baby doing?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just made pastry....and my deep dish chunky tourtiere is in the oven. Smells heavenly!

cheers--Sharon

I don't know what that is but it sounds delicious. Off to google.

ETA While I cannot eat that I admit photos make it look quite attractive. Hope you enjoyed it @canuk-gal

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient relieved it is over and hope you are feeling even better today with much less pain. Wishing you fast healing and a complete recovery. How is dear fur baby doing?

Fur babies are all good. I'm waiting for blood work to come back on my one boy who had levels off.

Pain is a bit more than yesterday, but okay. Feels like muscles overworking to keep my back straight with no twisting or anything.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fur babies are all good. I'm waiting for blood work to come back on my one boy who had levels off.

Pain is a bit more than yesterday, but okay. Feels like muscles overworking to keep my back straight with no twisting or anything.

I hope you have a speedy recovery @TooPatient. I hope your furry boy’s blood work will be okay.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient Glad your surgery was a success. My husband had cataract surgery this week, and again next week. He's just turned 60, but due to his job, he suddenly had accelerated decline in both eyes. Only had a 6 week wait from diagnosis to surgery.

My oldest chihuahua Lola, currently has platelet levels 4 times the limit. She's 11. We get her rechecked in 2 weeks. It could be bone marrow cancer. We hope not. She already has a lot of mobility issues. I'll see if I have a pic of her on here. 398897

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient Glad your surgery was a success. My husband had cataract surgery this week, and again next week. He's just turned 60, but due to his job, he suddenly had accelerated decline in both eyes. Only had a 6 week wait from diagnosis to surgery.

My oldest chihuahua Lola, currently has platelet levels 4 times the limit. She's 11. We get her rechecked in 2 weeks. It could be bone marrow cancer. We hope not. She already has a lot of mobility issues. I'll see if I have a pic of her on here. img_20131225_225817_1_.jpg

Wishing your husband well @lyra and I hope everything goes smoothly for him. Also hoping for the best for Lola. She is really adorable. OX

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am glad the furbabies are all good but I am sorry your pain level is increased. Take it easy, rest and don't let the pain get away from you if you have meds the surgeon gave you please take as necessary. Sending continued healing vibes your way. And fingers crossed for the fur baby's blood work to come back negative.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My oldest chihuahua Lola, currently has platelet levels 4 times the limit. She's 11. We get her rechecked in 2 weeks. It could be bone marrow cancer. We hope not. She already has a lot of mobility issues. I'll see if I have a pic of her on here. img_20131225_225817_1_.jpg

Oh my goodness, Lola is precious. I am sending bucketloads of healing dust and good wishes her way. Praying it is nothing serious. And continued good wishes for your dh's cataract surgery (past and future) to go smoothly.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad the furbabies are all good but I am sorry your pain level is increased. Take it easy, rest and don't let the pain get away from you if you have meds the surgeon gave you please take as necessary. Sending continued healing vibes your way. And fingers crossed for the fur baby's blood work to come back negative.

I'm staying on top of meds. I even set alarms last night so I got the night doses. I think part of the increase was from the IV meds leaving my system and being more awake than yesterday. I'm back to reasonably comfortable again. It is just exhausting to keep changing positions and walking down the hall and back every half hour.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My knee is felling better thankfully, thanks for asking @missy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm staying on top of meds. I even set alarms last night so I got the night doses. I think part of the increase was from the IV meds leaving my system and being more awake than yesterday. I'm back to reasonably comfortable again. It is just exhausting to keep changing positions and walking down the hall and back every half hour.

Glad you are feeling comfortable and are in less pain. You had a trauma to your body and it takes time to start feeling somewhat normal. Continued healing vibes @TooPatient.

My knee is felling better thankfully, thanks for asking @missy

Pleased to hear this @StephanieLynn. Hope work is also improving for you.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to not read the previous comments but:

1. I need to point out type excitement/ disappointment I feel when I do/ don’t get an email from David Klass in the morning. I’m in the UK and he’s in California so the time difference is a PITA. I wake in the morning inv dreaming of emails back from him.

2. I’ve just bought a Pilot Vanishing Point fountain pen with a gold nib and an too excited for it to arrive and I don’t know anybody in real life that likes proper pens and can share my joy.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SapphireLover , I actually have 2 VP fountain pens. I think we've talked a bit before about pens. They are my favourite everyday pens. I have a bunch of different gold nibs for them. One pen is green, the other is red. I think the orange one would have been my holy grail, lol.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scared and furious today.

Dh just dropped off my 10 & 8 y/o at school. They are in different grades,b ut have swimming class at the local pool together on Fridays. Everyone takes the same bus there (private Bus,just them), accompanied by Three teachers.

At 9.15 h we get a collective eMail, saying that on Wednesday, when two two other classes were there, a man tried to lure some kids away from the group with sweets. Asked them to follow him to his car. They said no and he got angry, then ran away. Police investigation under way, but no results.

I wouldn't have let them go, had our school informed me earlier. Or I'd have sent my Au pair as a fourth adult to accompany them. Now it's too late . She's at school and I'm home with my sick baby and can't go.
I sure hope that they are vigilant as heck now!!!
My girls won't go with a stranger,but one never knows what a sicko might be up to. He was already frustrated and might get violent.
Aaarrghh

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nervous. I have no choice but to travel. haven't talked about it but mom has aneurysm surgery the 19th. very scared. I'm running a project thats due to close...the day that she has surgery. They want that final meeting to be on guess what day? I'm not sure I will even be in the right frame of mind. The unfortunate part is this is a hard contracted stop which has to be honored (could make me mud in my industry) so, my stress levels are a bit extra right now. Hoping that it all goes well the next few days and that the meeting is nothing more than closing a chapter. (its before her surgery even starts)

The good is I have all brand new plumbing and it didn't cost as much as I was fearing. Thank goodness for a good plumber!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scared and furious today.

Dh just dropped off my 10 & 8 y/o at school. They are in different grades,b ut have swimming class at the local pool together on Fridays. Everyone takes the same bus there (private Bus,just them), accompanied by Three teachers.

At 9.15 h we get a collective eMail, saying that on Wednesday, when two two other classes were there, a man tried to lure some kids away from the group with sweets. Asked them to follow him to his car. They said no and he got angry, then ran away. Police investigation under way, but no results.

I wouldn't have let them go, had our school informed me earlier. Or I'd have sent my Au pair as a fourth adult to accompany them. Now it's too late . She's at school and I'm home with my sick baby and can't go.
I sure hope that they are vigilant as heck now!!!
My girls won't go with a stranger,but one never knows what a sicko might be up to. He was already frustrated and might get violent.
Aaarrghh

Oh my goodness! I'm scared for you! (I swear wtf is wrong with people anymore!!) keeping your family in my thoughts!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! I'm scared for you! (I swear wtf is wrong with people anymore!!) keeping your family in my thoughts!

Thanks Arcadian! they are home safe and sound. We have organised parents to accompany the children on top of teachers. How not to become a helicopter parent and let them have their independence?? Hubby bought GPS trackers to slide into their inner pockets...and he's usually the super laid back type of person...

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We ran out yesterday to buy DH's parents Christmas gifts. His mom lives 3 hours away, and will pop in unannounced with Christmas gifts. We wanted to be prepared,, so we bought gifts yesterday, in anticipation of her annual pop-in visit. No, she doesn't usually call ahead, which is aggravating.
So today she calls from her home and says "We agreed last year, no gifts, remember?"
No, I don't remember, cause you never said it!
Gosh, she makes me crazy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 you could have responded with "we agreed last year, no visit, remember" lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results