shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
AAAAAAHhhhhhhh bomb cyclone hitting us right now. Wind gusts at 70 mph, winds at 50 mph. Trees whipping all around, branches falling, gusts sound like bombs when they hit the house. I HATE wind, hate it, always hated it. Multiple ambulances and firetrucks keep speeding past my house. Road conditions in the mountains, just 45 minutes up the road, are a mess. My poor cats are slinking around the house on their bellies, pupils dilated, wondering what that roaring sound is all about.

Stay safe! If you have a basement..take the kitties downstairs..I hope it passes soon!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stay safe! If you have a basement..take the kitties downstairs..I hope it passes soon!

No basements here but I have their crates ready in case a tree falls on the house and we have to leave. The storm is supposed to last through tomorrow. I'm grateful that we haven't lost power yet. I'm self-soothing by eating Nutella straight from the jar and washing it down with a fine merlot :))

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AAAAAAHhhhhhhh bomb cyclone hitting us right now. Wind gusts at 70 mph, winds at 50 mph. Trees whipping all around, branches falling, gusts sound like bombs when they hit the house. I HATE wind, hate it, always hated it. Multiple ambulances and firetrucks keep speeding past my house. Road conditions in the mountains, just 45 minutes up the road, are a mess. My poor cats are slinking around the house on their bellies, pupils dilated, wondering what that roaring sound is all about.

Omgoodness @Matata Be safe! I hope you don’t suffer any damage or lose your electricity!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
No basements here but I have their crates ready in case a tree falls on the house and we have to leave. The storm is supposed to last through tomorrow. I'm grateful that we haven't lost power yet. I'm self-soothing by eating Nutella straight from the jar and washing it down with a fine merlot :))

Your plan sounds good! haha

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata hope you and the cats made it safely through and all is calm now.

@Mamabean I never went to Costco for eyeglasses and now you have me thinking about it...I wonder how it compares in price and quality to Warby Parker. Hope your mom loves her new eyeglasses.

@bling_dream19 and @Mamabean I know right? What don't they have? I just thought of something. They don't have rescue animals. :lol: Oh and they don't have a lot of the cleaning products we use.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Matata hope you and the cats made it safely through and all is calm now.

@Mamabean I never went to Costco for eyeglasses and now you have me thinking about it...I wonder how it compares in price and quality to Warby Parker. Hope your mom loves her new eyeglasses.

@bling_dream19 and @Mamabean I know right? What don't they have? I just thought of something. They don't have rescue animals. :lol: Oh and they don't have a lot of the cleaning products we use.

@missy My mom’s eye doctor suggested Costco! She picked out the cutest pink metal frames..They did a great job. Unfortunately..her eyes deteriorated this last year and needed new lenses. I was pretty impressed. I may get mine there next time..

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn , Congratulations on getting the call back for a job that will be much easier to deal with sleep wise. Working the night shift would be miserable. I’m so happy this worked out for you.

@Matata, I hope everyone at your home was able to get some sleep and this lets up earlier today than what they are forecasting. It didn’t sound like a fun night at your house last night.

Be careful @Mamabean , I ordered a few bags last month thinking I would keep one and return the others. Now I can’t decide which ones I want to return.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@StephanieLynn , Congratulations on getting the call back for a job that will be much easier to deal with sleep wise. Working the night shift would be miserable. I’m so happy this worked out for you.

@Matata, I hope everyone at your home was able to get some sleep and this lets up earlier today than what they are forecasting. It didn’t sound like a fun night at your house last night.

Be careful @Mamabean , I ordered a few bags last month thinking I would keep one and return the others. Now I can’t decide which ones I want to return.

Haha @Calliecake! I definitely have a thing for purses!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We both do @Mamabean ! I’m embarrassed to admit I bought the exact same bag, just in different colors.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am so happy about this!

Woohoo!!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know @stracci2000 !!!!!! You made my day!!!!!!!!

woohoo.gif

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know @stracci2000 !!!!!! You made my day!!!!!!!!

woohoo.gif

Apparently this *expletive* guy kept blocking it. But he's now retired, thank goodness!!

"The Senate passed this common-sense bill unanimously twice, in the 114th and 115th Congresses, but the former House Judiciary Chairman, Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., repeatedly blocked it from coming to the floor. This time, with the support of current Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., one of the bill’s original cosponsors, the bill went to the House floor and was unanimously approved. "

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm not near a costco @missy I'm near a sams club and BJ's though. I went to BJ's as I have a membership. the coats are lacking...lol but its Florida and not something you're going to see lots of. There were lots of vests though. this weekend will try the outlet malls near me (about 10 miles south) so will hope for the best there.

Today its 80F degrees, so its hard to think of "coats"....lol 10 day forecast shows there's a couple of sub 50F days which is rare for this area.

@Matata stay safe, unfortunate for the kitties and I'm hoping you will NOT have to leave your house in that mess.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm not near a costco @missy I'm near a sams club and BJ's though. I went to BJ's as I have a membership. the coats are lacking...lol but its Florida and not something you're going to see lots of. There were lots of vests though. this weekend will try the outlet malls near me (about 10 miles south) so will hope for the best there.

Today its 80F degrees, so its hard to think of "coats"....lol 10 day forecast shows there's a couple of sub 50F days which is rare for this area.

Try Costco online.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m exhausted! No one helped me wash all the dishes, pots, etc. this Thanksgiving..Now I remember why we went out last year. I’m thankful I did my last dish!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m exhausted! No one helped me wash all the dishes, pots, etc. this Thanksgiving

Awwww, sorry to hear that. I kept it bare bones simple this year -- just the turkey, brussell sprouts, dressing & a salad; pumpkin pie from Costco. DH is currently "cleaning" up which means I'll have to take a power hose to the entire kitchen tomorrow.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww, sorry to hear that. I kept it bare bones simple this year -- just the turkey, brussell sprouts, dressing & a salad; pumpkin pie from Costco. DH is currently "cleaning" up which means I'll have to take a power hose to the entire kitchen tomorrow.

I laughed out loud about having to take a power hose to the kitchen! That’s hysterical! I know exactly what you mean...
In my case there’s a football game on...so he was oblivious to the fact that I now walk with a limp from standing on my feet all day...

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my case there’s a football game on...so he was oblivious to the fact that I now walk with a limp from standing on my feet all day...

You are fully justified, after taking such abuse and being taken for granted, if you choose to take great and enthusiastic advantage of the Black Friday sales, in particular something sparkly that you can rub on your sore spots. I hear that gems have great healing power....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are fully justified, after taking such abuse and being taken for granted, if you choose to take great and enthusiastic advantage of the Black Friday sales, in particular something sparkly that you can rub on your sore spots. I hear that gems have great healing power....

Yes...I am actually doing that now! Lol

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh cannot wait to see what you purchase @Mamabean! You deserve whatever your heart desires. :appl:

diamonds.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh cannot wait to see what you purchase @Mamabean! You deserve whatever your heart desires. :appl:

diamonds.jpg
@missy I’m seriously thinking about it! My husband is usually very good at helping me but he was MIA last night...I actually was limping last night because I have arthritis in my right foot..and I strained my MCL the week before..David really enjoyed the meal...He likes it when I make it better than going to a restaurant. We did the lighting of the tree last night after dinner. He made it worth it. I got a kiss on the cheek before he went to bed so that’s better than jewelry...at least from him..hahaha
I hope your day goes well today..I’m getting the crew ready to go to Maryland.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy I’m seriously thinking about it! My husband is usually very good at helping me but he was MIA last night...I actually was limping last night because I have arthritis in my right foot..and I strained my MCL the week before..David really enjoyed the meal...He likes it when I make it better than going to a restaurant. We did the lighting of the tree last night after dinner. He made it worth it. I got a kiss on the cheek before he went to bed so that’s better than jewelry...at least from him..hahaha
I hope your day goes well today..I’m getting the crew ready to go to Maryland.

Aww it was worth it definitely just for that kiss from David and all the love and appreciation from him. But Boo to your dh who I know loves and cherishes and adores you but men can be so daft sometimes. You are so sweet because I would have made it known to my dh that he was cleaning up if I did all that cooking. But that is why you are so sweet and generous dear Joanne and I am not. Haha. Have a safe trip to Maryland and enjoy. XOXO.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww it was worth it definitely just for that kiss from David and all the love and appreciation from him. But Boo to your dh who I know loves and cherishes and adores you but men can be so daft sometimes. You are so sweet because I would have made it known to my dh that he was cleaning up if I did all that cooking. But that is why you are so sweet and generous dear Joanne and I am not. Haha. Have a safe trip to Maryland and enjoy. XOXO.

Haha! Thanks @missy! I just pick my battles! I speak my mind often!
I don’t know if you remember the vintage and antique cake plates that I would collect when he was grouchy or did something like he did last night? I have too many cake plates on the wall in Maryland now...but I just say “cake plate” and buy jewelry now..:evil2:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm struggling to know how to support DH. He took a position in a company where he was really happy for a while. But things have gone south. I know that at his level (and in his industry) people get let go for all sorts of things that have nothing to do with them and he's feeling that this is the direction the wind is blowing for him. Every day is a "shitty" day and nothing I do or say is right. All I can do is tell him that I know he's good at what he does, that we will be ok regardless of what happens with his job (and that I know that he will be able to find something else relatively quickly if need be, because he is well respected in his industry), that we have seen this happen to his mentors over and over again when they were at his level (because this seems to be the name of the game in the type of work that he does), and that his worth to me isn't tied to his paycheck, but his self-worth is spiraling and he's miserable and angry every single day. And nothing I do or say is enough. It's breaking my heart (and honestly making it pretty tough to be at home right now).

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
I’m exhausted! No one helped me wash all the dishes, pots, etc. this Thanksgiving..Now I remember why we went out last year. I’m thankful I did my last dish!

So sorry mamabean not fair. Costco has some great bling sales going!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cmd2014 I'm sorry you're going through this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results