shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry @cmd2014 :(sad That's such a difficult thing to go through. For him, and for the people who love him.

You didn't say what he does, but for some reason I'm recalling that he's in tech? I'm in tech as well. I've been let go. My other half has been let go. Most of the people I'm close to have had to leave a job or two involuntarily. It's a gutting experience. But it's also a statement of the volatility of this industry... and because it's so common, well, even if that did happen there's no stigma to it.

Is there any reason he's got to stay with his current company? Even if he decides to stay where he is - having an alternate offer in his pocket might do wonders for his self esteem. Goodness knows companies are always delighted to acquire thought leadership from their competitors.

::HUGS:: to you!! He's lucky to have you supporting him. Let us know how things go.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm struggling to know how to support DH. He took a position in a company where he was really happy for a while. But things have gone south. I know that at his level (and in his industry) people get let go for all sorts of things that have nothing to do with them and he's feeling that this is the direction the wind is blowing for him. Every day is a "shitty" day and nothing I do or say is right. All I can do is tell him that I know he's good at what he does, that we will be ok regardless of what happens with his job (and that I know that he will be able to find something else relatively quickly if need be, because he is well respected in his industry), that we have seen this happen to his mentors over and over again when they were at his level (because this seems to be the name of the game in the type of work that he does), and that his worth to me isn't tied to his paycheck, but his self-worth is spiraling and he's miserable and angry every single day. And nothing I do or say is enough. It's breaking my heart (and honestly making it pretty tough to be at home right now).

I am so sorry @cmd2014. Men are so different than us in many ways. I can understand to some extent how you are feeling because we went through a rough time during the recession with my dh and his job and it's hard for most men not to associate some self worth with their earnings and their career. With time things will improve of that I am confident but right now it's a tough place to be in and I am sending your dh and you lots of good energy and positive vibes and hoping things start improving sooner vs later for your dh and you. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Thanks @missy! I just pick my battles! I speak my mind often!
I don’t know if you remember the vintage and antique cake plates that I would collect when he was grouchy or did something like he did last night? I have too many cake plates on the wall in Maryland now...but I just say “cake plate” and buy jewelry now..:evil2:

I do remember the cake plates and while I appreciate we are all different in our hobbies and what we love I completely support your bling hobby and buying new bling beats buying new plates. Just saying.:devil:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry @cmd2014 Sounds like a very difficult time for you both. And with the holidays coming, it can be especially rough. Sending ((Hugs)) that this gently sorts itself out gently for you both.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do remember the cake plates and while I appreciate we are all different in our hobbies and what we love I completely support your bling hobby and buying new bling beats buying new plates. Just saying.:devil:

I did buy a ring last week..It’s actually sitting in the mailbox at my house in Pa..but I purchased it pre-Thanksgiving...I don’t think that counts, right? Lol I need a different one..:lol:
1F3F7974-BDEE-4DA2-B701-AF031D64CC6D.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm struggling to know how to support DH. He took a position in a company where he was really happy for a while. But things have gone south. I know that at his level (and in his industry) people get let go for all sorts of things that have nothing to do with them and he's feeling that this is the direction the wind is blowing for him. Every day is a "shitty" day and nothing I do or say is right. All I can do is tell him that I know he's good at what he does, that we will be ok regardless of what happens with his job (and that I know that he will be able to find something else relatively quickly if need be, because he is well respected in his industry), that we have seen this happen to his mentors over and over again when they were at his level (because this seems to be the name of the game in the type of work that he does), and that his worth to me isn't tied to his paycheck, but his self-worth is spiraling and he's miserable and angry every single day. And nothing I do or say is enough. It's breaking my heart (and honestly making it pretty tough to be at home right now).

I’m so sorry @cmd2014 Try to take some time for yourself away from him when he’s being grouchy...You said and did the right things..There’s nothing else you can do...I hope he finds a job soon...Hugs...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to say:

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.32.53 AM.png

Amen to this.

And I feel so fortunate to have some really special true blue friends who are always there for me and me for them. So very grateful for true friends and for some of the wonderful friends I have met on PS. #thankful #truefriends #specialwomen

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to say:

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 6.32.53 AM.png

Amen to this.

And I feel so fortunate to have some really special true blue friends who are always there for me and me for them. So very grateful for true friends and for some of the wonderful friends I have met on PS. #thankful #truefriends #specialwomen

That’s exactly how I feel @missy...I would rather have a few good friends than dozens of superficial friends.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh...taking out and displaying holiday decorations which were my late moms is really bittersweet and making me feel quite melancholy. D3B875C1-3D19-4D1D-8DC3-F33F508A2A99.gif A5E2993D-87AC-45CA-8C5B-2AD46C845984.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh...taking out and displaying holiday decorations which were my late moms is really bittersweet and making me feel quite melancholy. D3B875C1-3D19-4D1D-8DC3-F33F508A2A99.gif A5E2993D-87AC-45CA-8C5B-2AD46C845984.gif

Awww. (((Hugs))). Bittersweet I know. May the Sweet outweigh the sadness dear @Slick1 ❤️

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Slick1, I understand and I'm sorry you're feeling down. Sending you thoughts of comfort and peace. And hugs.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Slick I’m sorry you feel sad... but happy you are keeping her decorations and using them to make more memories..xxxxoooo

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night was the first shift as a personal shopper for Peapod, not a bad job. There were however some things I didn't know how to do that multiple people wouldn't help me with when I asked for help. The majority of employees it seems are just there to get the paycheck, it is very "every man for himself" atmosphere which is tough to get used to.

The real issue though is that when I left it was snowing and had been snowing several hours. Despite being careful walking, I fell in the parking lot, so today my left knee is killing me...ugh.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last night was the first shift as a personal shopper for Peapod, not a bad job. There were however some things I didn't know how to do that multiple people wouldn't help me with when I asked for help. The majority of employees it seems are just there to get the paycheck, it is very "every man for himself" atmosphere which is tough to get used to.

The real issue though is that when I left it was snowing and had been snowing several hours. Despite being careful walking, I fell in the parking lot, so today my left knee is killing me...ugh.

@StephanieLynn I’m sorry your first day wasn’t the best. I hope your knee gets better quickly. I hope the next time makes up for it..

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn so sorry about the fall! Sheesh, that doesn't seem worth it, but maybe just for now? I wouldn't like that kind of atmosphere at all.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, just the first day so it can only go up from here right?

@lyra, it will be fine once I am more self-sufficient, it bothers me that I have to rely on other people for answers and help but it was just the first day. My attitude is I'm there to work, not get involved with drama or anything else and at 40 I am the oldest one there so a bit of an outsider.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@lyra, it will be fine once I am more self-sufficient, it bothers me that I have to rely on other people for answers and help but it was just the first day. My attitude is I'm there to work, not get involved with drama or anything else and at 40 I am the oldest one there so a bit of an outsider.

@StephanieLynn I actually wrote that but erased it! Yes..Falling after your work day pretty much means it’s uphill now. How’s your knee?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn I actually wrote that but erased it! Yes..Falling after your work day pretty much means it’s uphill now. How’s your knee?

Eh it's tough getting old lol. It's better than yesterday so I don't think I did anything major to it thank God.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eh it's tough getting old lol. It's better than yesterday so I don't think I did anything major to it thank God.

@StephanieLynn You are a baby to me..My first thought was you’ll snap back quickly because you’re still young. If that happened to me I would be in rehab! Hahaha!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn I hate relying on others to help with information or anything. That sounds like a tough place to be new. I hope it gets easier quickly for you!

Surgery tomorrow morning! I check in to the hospital in 14 hours and surgery starts in 15. Of course I had the brilliant idea of going ahead and scheduling a vet appointment for my guy with abnormal blood work the night before! Just about to take him in for that recheck. I still have to do my first prep for surgery scrub up shower tonight. I'm exhausted already and I haven't actually done anything in months now!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient , good luck tomorrow and with vet appointment. Your post struck me because we heard about our dog's abnormal bloodwork today, and my husband is having surgery tomorrow. Take care.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Every job I have had was like that. No one wants to help the new girl.
I always ask a lot of questions and make people mad at me, I guess!
But how else can you know what to do?
I think you will be ok, after a week or two. I think you are a strong, independent woman!
You will get this, and be very good at it!

Do you actually go into a store with a list, or is Peapod like a warehouse with things already stocked?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, see I'm not used to this, I used to work an office job in insurance and the whole atmosphere was so different. People would at least help you out even if they did talk behind your back.

The way Peapod works is you wear a computer on your arm. The Peapod orders are filled on the second level of the regular storesetup with aisles just like the main store. The computer tells you what items to pick and you scan and bag them. Super easy.

Something I figured out though is because it's hourly if the orders are filled before your shift ends you obviously clock out and only get paid for that amount of time. The more personal shoppers (there were 12-14 of us all working at the same time) the faster the orders get done. So my guess is that the regulars do not take kindly to new people because everyone makes less money then.

So to answer your question it is a stocked warehouse. Thanks for your encouraging words, I'm going to keep at it and then when the next person comes along that needs help at least there will be someone willing to!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @TooPatient! I hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery!

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock

Oh @StephanieLynn I think things will get better when they understand how awesome you are! Soo sorry about your fall and hope you feel better. I can relate being the oldest at work and feeling that age gap. Just keep being your wonderful self!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s exactly how I feel @missy...I would rather have a few good friends than dozens of superficial friends.

Me too! I've always been a small friend circle. Thankful for you friends!

Yes so thankful for the true friends I have made here. I already knew who my real friends are IRL because they have been with me through many decades. Through the good and the bad. Online friends are relatively new for me and I have much to be thankful for re PS. I made some amazing true friends here. There are such great women on this forum. Women I admire and respect and am honored to call my friends. And for the two ladies that turned out to be not true friends it was a valuable learning lesson for me even at my advanced age haha. I am grateful for the opportunity to become wiser despite the unpleasant circumstances and it makes me appreciate my true friends even more. There is little on this earth I dislike more than a hypocrite and a fake friend.

fake-friend-everybody.jpg

Real situations expose fake people so there is much to be grateful for under adverse situations because it exposes who is a real friend and who is just a good faker. Because fake doesn't last forever but true friends do.

And for the online friends I have made here thank you. More valuable than the diamonds and the gemstones are the true friendships I have found here. I mean this from the bottom of my heart.

17474-gems-may-be-precious-but-friends-are-priceless.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn I hate relying on others to help with information or anything. That sounds like a tough place to be new. I hope it gets easier quickly for you!

Surgery tomorrow morning! I check in to the hospital in 14 hours and surgery starts in 15. Of course I had the brilliant idea of going ahead and scheduling a vet appointment for my guy with abnormal blood work the night before! Just about to take him in for that recheck. I still have to do my first prep for surgery scrub up shower tonight. I'm exhausted already and I haven't actually done anything in months now!

Good luck @TooPatient !!! Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and I am going to check in with you later. XOXO. I also hope the vet appointment went well last night and that your fur baby will be A OK.

@TooPatient , good luck tomorrow and with vet appointment. Your post struck me because we heard about our dog's abnormal bloodwork today, and my husband is having surgery tomorrow. Take care.

@lyra good luck to your dh on his surgery today. And I hope your dog is going to be OK. Hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results