shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really can’t @missy because I’m having the brunch at the house on Saturday and Bailey is a shedder..

OK I agree that’s not a good option. Any friends nearby who have your keys?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joanne, do you have any friends near your house in Maryland who have your key who can get the jewelry and keep it safe til you return?

Haha! That’s a story in itself. There is one person that is a kind of friend...really a neighbor who has my key...but she’s a swinger...and she is a little creepy...I think she likes me..She’s married but I get predator vibes from her.. I would rather take my chances! Haha!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or just call the cleaning lady and tell her you left it there and could she just put it in *wherever you feel is secure* for you. That way she knows you know it’s there. She would not take it under those circumstances I’m almost sure. She’s be insane to.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! That’s a story in itself. There is one person that is a kind of friend...really a neighbor who has my key...but she’s a swinger...and she is a little creepy...I think she likes me..She’s married but I get predator vibes from her.. I would rather take my chances! Haha!

And I would change my locks then Hahahaha. Creepy neighbor with your key. No no no. :eek2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or just call the cleaning lady and tell her you left it there and could she just put it in *wherever you feel is secure* for you. That way she knows you know it’s there. She would not take it under those circumstances I’m almost sure. She’s be insane to.
That’s exactly what I did..so hope it will be ok. My son has an office there who offered to go after work...She’s coming early in the morning and he won’t be there yet.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I would change my locks then Hahahaha. Creepy neighbor with your key. No no no. :eek2:

I know! My husband says she looks at me like I’m a cookie..Let me tell you I’m nothing great to look at. I’m 65! Omg He thinks it’s funny! No it’s not! Haha!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know! My husband says she looks at me like I’m a cookie..Let me tell you I’m nothing great to look at. I’m 65! Omg He thinks it’s funny! No it’s not! Haha!

F64A1C1F-EDBA-4C44-8E69-8F7EA1B06E3C.jpeg

:lickout:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Omg! I’m going to have nightmares tonight!!!
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'll admit we kept them out of the bedroom at night for quite a while after that! :hand:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was a very stressful day yesterday. The cleaning lady said they looked all over the house for my ring but it wasn’t there. I told her numerous times where I left it. She kept saying there was no ring there. I had to tell her that I didn’t want to accuse anyone but it was definitely there so please look again. It was a very expensive ring...and I would need to report it to the police. She promised to look again. Five minutes later she called to say her son “found it”..that it was so shiny so he was able to see it. That’s a bunch of you know what because I knew exactly where I left it. Her son had some issues before so I think he tried to take it. My husband asked me if I’m still going to let them clean. I told him yes..because I can call and tell her to clean when I want and not on a set schedule. Unless they run off with my tv there’s nothing there they can take. I travel with my jewelry pouch. I just need to be more careful. I’m anxious to get there on a Friday so I can get it..I was pretty rattled..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a very stressful day yesterday. The cleaning lady said they looked all over the house for my ring but it wasn’t there. I told her numerous times where I left it. She kept saying there was no ring there. I had to tell her that I didn’t want to accuse anyone but it was definitely there so please look again. It was a very expensive ring...and I would need to report it to the police. She promised to look again. Five minutes later she called to say her son “found it”..that it was so shiny so he was able to see it. That’s a bunch of you know what because I knew exactly where I left it. Her son had some issues before so I think he tried to take it. My husband asked me if I’m still going to let them clean. I told him yes..because I can call and tell her to clean when I want and not on a set schedule. Unless they run off with my tv there’s nothing there they can take. I travel with my jewelry pouch. I just need to be more careful. I’m anxious to get there on a Friday so I can get it..I was pretty rattled..

Grrrrrr!!!!! I cannot believe she did that Joanne what nerve! Please tell me you will get another cleaning lady. I would not feel comfortable having her come again. I always say when someone shows me who they are I listen. And fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oakgem has some FABU sales on their great items!! Here is one e.g Chimento has such gorgeous pieces...

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say...
Welcome to DC.
Population: Ungodly :x2:rolleyes:

A9429CA4-8473-4B91-B2C3-9E4B0DEA0EFA.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 7.14.56 AM.png

So true.

True friends are in the first category obviously.
Superficial aka not real friends are in category 2.
Frenemies aka enemies are in the third category but only matter if you have them in your lives.

It's the category 2 that we all can learn from IMO.

Hard times are hard but I am always thankful for what I learn from each challenging experience.
Difficult times show you who people really are and for that I am grateful.
No need to waste energy on people who don't care about you.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I know this is trivial but I just wanted to share. For the last 15 years my work required me to wear work boots or steel toe shoes. I got a new job about 6 months ago and am now in an office setting. And I get to wear cute shoes!

Attachments

• 771BEB02-96E6-4789-9F6F-DF2C11B78899.jpeg
    771BEB02-96E6-4789-9F6F-DF2C11B78899.jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 88

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know this is trivial but I just wanted to share. For the last 15 years my work required me to wear work boots or steel toe shoes. I got a new job about 6 months ago and am now in an office setting. And I get to wear cute shoes!

They are cute! Congratulations on your new job!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In an hour I'm going to fill out my employment paperwork!!!

The job is working overnight for Peapod which is a grocery delivery service. Hours are midnight to 6am they wanted me to work until 7am but I have to get the kids ready for school and DH leaves at 6am for work. I hope I can adjust to third shift, needed to find something where I would be available to get the kiddos to school and pick them up, it was tough finding something that fit the bill.

Just happy to be employed and working again :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

The job is working overnight for Peapod which is a grocery delivery service. Hours are midnight to 6am they wanted me to work until 7am but I have to get the kids ready for school and DH leaves at 6am for work. I hope I can adjust to third shift, needed to find something where I would be available to get the kiddos to school and pick them up, it was tough finding something that fit the bill.

Congratulations @StephanieLynn! That’s great news!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, Steph, this is nice to hear!
How many days a week will you be working this shift?
I used to work in a grocery store, and we worked 1am--9am, one day a week. The other days were normal hours.
It was horrible for me. I could never get used to it because it was only once a week.
I would try to get to bed by 7pm, to get 5 hrs. before I had to get up at midnight.
I could never sleep.
Hopefully it will be better for you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Mamabean!

@stracci2000, on one hand I am relieved and very thankful to have a job but yes working nights is going to be a big adjustment for everyone. They said I'll probably be working 3 night a week but I plan on trying to maintain the same schedule even when I'm not working. So far that looks like working from 12-6 being up during the day, getting the kids home and sleeping from 4-11pm. Is it going to work? No idea. Gotta start somewhere though. DH's biggest concern in all of this is having to sleep alone!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My mom just told me that she is cooking the turkey at Grandma's house this year. I am working hard to keep positive. I'm sure it was meant as a kind thing as I herniated a disc in my back and am going to need surgery, but it still hurts more than people would guess. For the last half dozen years, I have cooked the meal at my house (with bigger kitchen, large refrigerator, and a dishwasher) and then brought it to their house for serving (easier on Grandma). I went up there first thing in the morning with the turkey and dressing to cook in their oven so they still had the wonderful smells and could have it roasted in the pan Grandma has always used. My mom and aunt got the house cleaned up and tables/chairs/etc for 20-25 people plus did the clean up. Turns out it isn't just the turkey. They are cooking the whole meal. Maybe I can bring that cold beet salad. Oh! And maybe that broccoli rice casserole they saw on TV with cream of something soup and Velveeta.

Anyway, this is the one time I get to cook for my grandparents. They really enjoyed the real food I brought each year. No flaked potatoes out of a box, stofers stuffing mix or canned cranberry sauce. It is also the only holiday we have as a family that I am a part of (I don't celebrate Christmas or Easter and they don't do Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, or Passover). Grandpa just turned 85 yesterday and Grandma will be 80 on Thanksgiving Day. I only have so many Thanksgivings left with them.

What hurts worse is they had all talked about it without me. Even the cousin who is never around! They didn't even say it is because I hurt and just for this year. It was stated as they wanted "traditional" Thanksgiving foods. (turkey, potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, dinner rolls, stuffing, Grandma's Watergate salad... How is that not traditional!?!? I even seasoned everything the way they prefer!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn good luck with the overnight shift. Challenging indeed and I hope you are able to make it work out well for you.

@TooPatient I am sorry and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving despite the challenges and that you start feeling much better very soon. Family sometimes doesn't make much sense and the ones who love us most can hurt us the most. Gentle (((hugs))).

I am sad because this year we are not doing anything for Thanksgiving this year. We usually host the holiday but last year we let my mom do it because we were exhausted. Well this year is worse and we decided we aren't making the trip to my parents as we are still stranded at the shore. I know my family is disappointed and I wanted to see everyone but it just isn't feasible with all we are dealing with currently. I am just sad because who knows if my dad (and even my mom though she is younger she has health issues) will be alive next Thanksgiving. He is old. And my nieces are growing so fast.

And I just found out the rescue person got RW for the very first time ever as she had been previously resistant to it. She said it's the strongest RW strain ever an one of her cats also still has it. My sister said she has seen more RW these past few months than her entire career before this. So I am scared that we might not be out of the RW woods.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say that I am very very lucky.... Two weeks ago i was washing my hands and all of a sudden I felt that my ring scratched me badly and indeed I saw the palm of my hand bleeding. After I took care of the wound I took a look at my ring and realized that one of the side stones was missing. Needless to say that I felt that I was going to lose my mind. I checked everywhere in the house and I even looked in the trap under the sink but the diamond was nowhere to be found. I was soooooo sad both for losing my side diamond and seeing my ring in this condition. A few days later I was telling the story to my brother on the phone and he went and told my dear sister in law. The next day my brother called again and said that my sister inaw was so sad and upset about what happened to my ring (she is a bling lover too!!) and that she has a feeling that the diamond might be in my handbag. When I heard that I thought to myself: yeah, right.... and went on with my usual activities. Then, later that day I had to go out and decided that I had to change handbags. I started emptying my bag that I use when I go to court and then at the bottom of it i saw something sparklingOh, my God! My amazing sister was right!!! I had found the diamond exactly where she thought it would be!!!! The next day I went to my jeweler who had custom made the ring for me and asked him to repair it. This time he put four prongs on the side stones instead of three that he had put initially. The ring came out better than it was before!!!! I'm so excited to have it back on my hand!!!! Just wanted to share this happy story and a photo of my ring with my PS friends....

Attachments

• 20191117_195834.jpg
    20191117_195834.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 57

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to buy a coat. Whats a good place for cheap coats. You don't find a lot of coats in my part of Florida...lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results