carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Love your touch of ankle sparkle! :cool2:
I need to pull my anklet out too, it's finally warm enough to go bootless up here :appl:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just been destroying my nails lately. I can only conclude that I need more calcium; therefore, I should eat more cheese.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've just been destroying my nails lately. I can only conclude that I need more calcium; therefore, I should eat more cheese.
Actually you need to up your Protein. Eggs, salmon, almonds. Vitamin B9. Biotin supplements help too. ;)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am officially shameless!

So I started carrying my own reusable boxes around when I go to bakeries, my own straws, cutlery, shopping bags etc

Today I went on step further and carried a washed jam jar with a lid and got the fried chicken joint to fill my jam jar with thick shake (also instructed them NO straw!) instead of using one of their plastic cups! They obliged and were very nice about it even if they did seem a bit baffled! :lol:

The poor teen who served me was so worried about how I would drink the shake and how I planned to take the jar home. I pulled out the straw and the lid, explained myself and he looked even more scared!

20190605_114054.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the worst senior moment today! I walked into the men's restroom in a store by mistake and there was a man in there. Wth?? I even checked the sign again and had a momentary bit of confusion wondering how/why I made that mistake. :eek2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had the worst senior moment today! I walked into the men's restroom in a store by mistake and there was a man in there. Wth?? I even checked the sign again and had a momentary bit of confusion wondering how/why I made that mistake. :eek2:

I have done that before. :oops2: Sometimes on purpose, sometimes by accident. :P2
When a girl's got to go she's got to go if you kwim.

gottago.gif

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
My gym has a silly rule that only clear water bottles can be used inside, presumably to keep people from bringing in alcohol??

I was talked to a couple of times for using my stainless steel water bottle, so I went ahead and ordered this, LOL.

Screenshot_20190607-114051.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have done that before. :oops2: Sometimes on purpose, sometimes by accident. :P2
When a girl's got to go she's got to go if you kwim.
To her credit, my daughter's first response was "Maybe he thought you were a super feminist.". :lol-2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh. I have a serious case of wanderlust. The desire to move pops up more frequently the more comfortable I become with where I am. Moving to Europe has always been #1 on my list; #2 Canada; #3 Eugene/Salem/Portland; #4 back to Pittsburgh. Obstacles: husband; some of my cats are illegal in some of the places I'd like to live; I really love my house and we've put $$$$$$$$$ money into it YET, I have an intense desire for a change of scenery and the challenge of learning to live someplace new. Arrrrrgh :loopy:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh. I have a serious case of wanderlust. The desire to move pops up more frequently the more comfortable I become with where I am. Moving to Europe has always been #1 on my list; #2 Canada; #3 Eugene/Salem/Portland; #4 back to Pittsburgh. Obstacles: husband; some of my cats are illegal in some of the places I'd like to live; I really love my house and we've put $$$$$$$$$ money into it YET, I have an intense desire for a change of scenery and the challenge of learning to live someplace new. Arrrrrgh :loopy:

@Matata, I am so with you. I love my home but I would LOVE to move to 1) Oregon-coastal 2) Hawaii-any island and 3) Arizona-to one house in particular. The only reason I would move to AZ is because my grandchildren are there, and there is only one particular house I would want to live in. Most houses don't have grass, which I hate and most are southwest style, which is not my favorite. Also, I don't want to babysit all the time, I want my life to be my own. But, oh how I miss those two little cuties! I can't go the first two place because I would really be too far from them. Such a ridiculous dilemma, yet I think about it constantly. I have toured the one house to live in, it is quite literally the only house I have ever seen that I really liked. I think it is about 100k overpriced. It has been on the market for awhile. They say it is priced for all the 'upgrades', but they are not upgrades I would want to pay for.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see anything exciting? :bigsmile:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am trying to calculate what percentage artificial I am, between tooth caps, tatted on eyebrows, wigs, false eyelashes and more. I am not sure how to measure though.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see anything exciting? :bigsmile:

Nope, and I'm so glad, although I suppose if I went in earlier he likely would have had his back turned to me and I could have gotten away incognito.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I feel life is more cruel and senseless than it is worth. Sometimes I struggle with why I want to continue to live the challenges. I would never do anything to end my life but I cannot lie and say I don't think about it. The older I get the more I question is it worth it. The pain is at times too much to bear.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you are a sweet, sensitive and loving soul. I’m so sorry for your pain.
{{{{HUGS}}}}

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I feel life is more cruel and senseless than it is worth. Sometimes I struggle with why I want to continue to live the challenges. I would never do anything to end my life but I cannot lie and say I don't think about it. The older I get the more I question is it worth it. The pain is at times too much to bear.

I just saw your posts on your beautiful girl. Hang in there. Seeing them sick is the worst thing ever. Hoping the chemo and other meds help.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Bonfire and thank you @TooPatient. Greg and I and francesca appreciate your good wishes so very much.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to vent, sorry!! I'm two weeks from my due date with baby 6. Our au pair just informed me that his parents booked a holiday and he needs to take a test back home and won't be bothered to return from said test. He's leaving July 2nd We have been treating him like royalty and I talked to him in February to be sure everything was OK and to be sure he understood that he could basically quit anytime BUT June or July (he was supposed to stay until October, then he found out he misread the college info :roll and so was supposed to leave August first) , because this would be catastrophic for us. This stresses me to no end. Can't even tell him in what an utterly awful situation he's putting me, because I can't risk him quitting from one day to the next. I need someone in the house in case I need to leave for the hospital .
NO family nearby. That's why we PAY SOMEONE!

AAARGHHH I'M ANNOYED AND STRESSED.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to vent, sorry!! I'm two weeks from my due date with baby 6. Our au pair just informed me that his parents booked a holiday and he needs to take a test back home and won't be bothered to return from said test. He's leaving July 2nd We have been treating him like royalty and I talked to him in February to be sure everything was OK and to be sure he understood that he could basically quit anytime BUT June or July (he was supposed to stay until October, then he found out he misread the college info :roll and so was supposed to leave August first) , because this would be catastrophic for us. This stresses me to no end. Can't even tell him in what an utterly awful situation he's putting me, because I can't risk him quitting from one day to the next. I need someone in the house in case I need to leave for the hospital .

Ugh I am so sorry. Your frustration is completely understandable and it is unprofessional the way your au pair is handling this. I am very sorry. I hope you can find someone good to replace him. Can he recommend someone reliable and conscientious and good?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I am so sorry. Your frustration is completely understandable and it is unprofessional the way your au pair is handling this. I am very sorry. I hope you can find someone good to replace him. Can he recommend someone reliable and conscientious and good?
Thanks @missy, you're so kind! I'm looking for a replacement 24/7 now. I don't even want anyone recommended by him anymore.
The bad behaviour (threw a dinner party with sleepover at our place w/o asking... E. G.) started about 4weeks ago. We chose not to escalate because of our situation and because he was still reliable with the kids and because most replacement au pairs are available in the summer holidays only (Startin July 4th). I just can't afford to have a gap right now...

Anyways, nothing compared with your own situation (((hugs)))

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What about a local FB group? Our local area (just the city) has a couple of FB groups where people say they are available. Even a college student home for the summer might get you through the next few months.

Good luck!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, you're so kind! I'm looking for a replacement 24/7 now. I don't even want anyone recommended by him anymore.
The bad behaviour (threw a dinner party with sleepover at our place w/o asking... E. G.) started about 4weeks ago. We chose not to escalate because of our situation and because he was still reliable with the kids and because most replacement au pairs are available in the summer holidays only (Startin July 4th). I just can't afford to have a gap right now...

Anyways, nothing compared with your own situation (((hugs)))

Aww thank you but please don’t feel that way. Your problems are real and matter. We all have problems and they’re meaningful to us and affect our quality of life. No comparison is necessary. I’m sorry for your dilemma and hope you find a wonderful solution very soon. (((Hugs))).

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about a local FB group? Our local area (just the city) has a couple of FB groups where people say they are available. Even a college student home for the summer might get you through the next few months.

Good luck!
Thanks @TooPatient !! I have my profile up on the local fb group and a few friend's au pairs who know us well very kindly vouched for us in the comments section. Which was unexpected and very sweet and reconciled me with the young generation as a whole somewhat... (I start feeling VERY grumpy old lady like) ...

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous @TooPatient! This deserves a thread! (or have I missed it? Totally possible..

It's 38° - 100 f at 11 am and I'm 40 weeks pregnant as of today:eek2:. All I can say is aaarrrghhh ..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @missy! I can't even phone anyone anymore - everyone just picks up totally excited and I have to blurt "no no no, not the baby, I'm just calling because of xyz"

I'm avoiding to contact DH during the day as well... His colleagues tell me that he's literally jumping up of there's any message from me coming in :lol-2:

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @missy! I can't even phone anyone anymore - everyone just picks up totally excited and I have to blurt "no no no, not the baby, I'm just calling because of xyz"

I'm avoiding to contact DH during the day as well... His colleagues tell me that he's literally jumping up of there's any message from me coming in :lol-2:

LOL yes I can totally see how that might be an issue :lol:. Well IMO the phone is overrated anyway. Just enjoy this exciting time of anticipation and joy. Cherish each moment of this experience.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous @TooPatient! This deserves a thread! (or have I missed it? Totally possible..

It's 38° - 100 f at 11 am and I'm 40 weeks pregnant as of today:eek2:. All I can say is aaarrrghhh ..

I posted a SMTB thread. Just a few pictures. I don't have an actual camera so photos are limited. (I need to think about fixing that before Vegas!)

That is too hot! I hope you have air conditioning or somewhere cool to hang out at.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I'm keeping this private in real life, but my biological father died yesterday. I found out he had a stroke about a week ago from a half sibling I didn't know existed. I shouldn't have this reaction. But it hurts and I have cried so much. He walked out on me as a child and signed away his parental rights when I was 13. He was not a good father. But it has always hurt. I have never gotten over it fully. And being contacted brought it all back. I'm angry, but mostly just hurt. And I can't stop crying now that he's dead.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results