shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this. I can’t take credit for it but it perfectly describes how I feel about my children’s lives...
I think it’s worth a share...My DD loved it. :kiss2:

In life, there are butterflies and there are flowers.
The butterfly’s job is to fly around and come back to tell the flower what you have seen.
You are the butterfly. Your mother is the flower.

I am the flower... =)2

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just missed the elevator because I was talking with a lady about her GORGEOUS pink and rhinestone cane.

I bling stalked a woman in line at Starbucks today. She had the most fantastic detailed multi banded ring in small diamond melee with a large center stone. Phenomenal finger coverage, interesting art-deco type design, and very sparkly. When I caught her eye and told her how much I loved her ring, she was *beaming*. We don't speak up enough when people are fabulous where I live. We're too afraid of seeming rude and it's a real shame.

@missy thank you for your help with my progressives. I believe that I have FINALLY gotten used to them. All the dizziness and eye pulling and weird distortions have faded and now I just feel like I can easily flip between distance and reading. They are completely unusable (for me) for computer work, but that's ok. I picked up my workstation glasses today (with the intermediate distance on top and reading lenses on the bottom) and they are NIGHT and DAY different for me for working on the computer. I don't even feel like I have progressives on they are that good. I can see! I can see!!! I can SEE!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bling stalked a woman in line at Starbucks today. She had the most fantastic detailed multi banded ring in small diamond melee with a large center stone. Phenomenal finger coverage, interesting art-deco type design, and very sparkly. When I caught her eye and told her how much I loved her ring, she was *beaming*. We don't speak up enough when people are fabulous where I live. We're too afraid of seeming rude and it's a real shame.

@missy thank you for your help with my progressives. I believe that I have FINALLY gotten used to them. All the dizziness and eye pulling and weird distortions have faded and now I just feel like I can easily flip between distance and reading. They are completely unusable (for me) for computer work, but that's ok. I picked up my workstation glasses today (with the intermediate distance on top and reading lenses on the bottom) and they are NIGHT and DAY different for me for working on the computer. I don't even feel like I have progressives on they are that good. I can see! I can see!!! I can SEE!!!!

Yay! Happy you have adjusted well to them. Yes most usually (at this stage of our lives) we need more than one set of glasses to suit our multiple needs. Wishing you comfortable vision always.:appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few weeks ago my father’s caregiver was looking for a way to use leftover mashed potatoes and she found a donut recipe that fit the bill - mashed potato donuts! Sounds strange, but she made some, and it turns out they’re incredibly good! Especially sprinkled with a sugar cinnamon mix, but I digress...

A few days ago I was at my father’s house again and one of my brothers came to visit. I was cooking dinner, and asked him to mash the potatoes. As we were eating dinner later I mentioned those wonderful donuts... and when I got up the next morning, the dough was already made! Yum!

My brother got one of the first, freshly made donuts. His initial reaction was, predictably, one of delight. Then he looked thoughtful... what was that underlying flavor? After a bit of discussion we realized that he had used garlic when he made his mashed potatoes... a fair amount of it, apparently!

We had unwittingly made the world’s first umami donuts! :lol:

But the flavor was very subtle (the recipe used only one cup mashed potatoes to five cups of flour). We didn’t mention it to a visitor who dropped by later that day, and apparently she didn’t notice it at all! ;)2

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The kidlet's homework.

We actually have to hand this in:lol-2:

20190401_194758.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The kidlet's homework.

We actually have to hand this in:lol-2:

20190401_194758.jpg

@mellowyellowgirl OMG that's crazy but I guess we live in a world that makes that necessary. I will add that we did get hit occasionally when we misbehaved but it did not traumatize us but we live in confusing and challenging times these days so I guess it's a case of being sure the children are not being physically abused. But it's sad that it is necessary.

Follow up comment and question if I may:

We don't have kids so I never experienced this but my sister tells me the amount of schoolwork they give the kids is overwhelming. My nieces (11 and 13) have over 20 hours of work to do each weekend and my sister says it is outrageous the amount of work they send home on weeknights and weekends. Would you agree with that too? My nieces go to school in Long Island and I am not sure if all the schools give that much work to take home with them.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy what amuses me is he added that himself in an attempt to clarify things because we have always told him that we are not allowed to hit him (no one is) so he was worried we'd get into trouble :lol:

It's not bad for our school. He only gets 2 super easy worksheets a week. We actually give him more to do because he gets bored.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy what amuses me is he added that himself in an attempt to clarify things because we have always told him that we are not allowed to hit him (no one is) so he was worried we'd get into trouble :lol:

It's not bad for our school. He only gets 2 super easy worksheets a week. We actually give him more to do because he gets bored.

Hahaha well he was just trying to be helpful. :lol:

Interesting. My nieces are inundated with homework to an overwhelming degree. Thanks for sharing.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rant Update: So I posted a few weeks ago about the snarky comments after receiving gifts from my dh. Well, it happened again and I addressed the issue. I wussed out and sent a text that essentially said that it's been bothering me, and that It's not a gift if there are snarky comments that accompany it. I also gave examples. He did apologize (which doesn't sound like much but is big). I'm relieved and hopefully things will get better. :D :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rant Update: So I posted a few weeks ago about the snarky comments after receiving gifts from my dh. Well, it happened again and I addressed the issue. I wussed out and sent a text that essentially said that it's been bothering me, and that It's not a gift if there are snarky comments that accompany it. I also gave examples. He did apologize (which doesn't sound like much but is big). I'm relieved and hopefully things will get better. :D :appl:

That is big! I'm glad you spoke up.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay you!!! I hope things will all be uphill from here!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, not very PC. But even as a *very* liberal person, I’m finding myself bugged by the heavy handed moralizing about current events by certain TV shows. I can’t help but think it’s just going to cause people who don’t agree to turn it off, and make the rest of us feel lectured at. I feel like it’s becoming a bad after school special every time I turn on the TV. Have all the old writers of Degrassi Junior High hijacked prime time TV???

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The day has FINALLY come! My family has been waiting for 16 years for news that my aunt was divorcing her abusive husband. She said she was several years ago but kept putting it off. Well, it finally happened! I sat with her this morning finishing up making copies of all of her forms then went with her as she filed for divorce. He was served the paperwork this evening and the process has begun! A long road ahead, but it has finally been started.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The day has FINALLY come! My family has been waiting for 16 years for news that my aunt was divorcing her abusive husband. She said she was several years ago but kept putting it off. Well, it finally happened! I sat with her this morning finishing up making copies of all of her forms then went with her as she filed for divorce. He was served the paperwork this evening and the process has begun! A long road ahead, but it has finally been started.

@TooPatient good for your aunt. That could not have been easy and kudos to her for taking these steps for a better life. Sending her good wishes for a happy future and strength to get through this as easily as possible. She is lucky she has a supportive family to help her.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Random rant, I bought my mom a Simple Human compact mirror for Christmas. It was $80, but I had a 20% off coupon from Bed Bath & Beyond, so it ended up being $64 + tax (still a ridicules amount to pay for a travel mirror IMO, but my mom LOVED it).

She just called me to tell me she lost the mirror at her gym, and if I could get her another one.

"Sure!" I said.

Except now the price has gone up to $100 and BBB doesn't carry it anymore :wall::wall::wall:.

FWIW, it is a really nice mirror, and it lights up automatically when you take it out of the pouch.

2d15084cf8ff513e4cf34a3efab007f0.png

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have one assignment remaining to finish grad school, and it's due tomorrow....so OF COURSE I'm on PS rather than finishing it. I am so burned out, y'all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one assignment remaining to finish grad school, and it's due tomorrow....so OF COURSE I'm on PS rather than finishing it. I am so burned out, y'all.

Good luck @MonkeysInk! You're almost there! And if a bit of PS browsing rejuvenates you then keep on blinging.:appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg it’s pouring here and freezing too yet some brave (crazy?) soul is jet skiing in our backyard. Lol. I’m sort of jealous and wish I were that hardy an individual. More power to him! Or her. :bigsmile:

D505FED0-E75C-45DC-85D5-E97EE2DD7AA4.jpeg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this email today and I have no idea how I got on their mailing list. I'm in my 30s and married.

:confused:
upload_2019-5-6_15-18-18.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got this email today and I have no idea how I got on their mailing list. I'm in my 30s and married.

How would you like to get cemetery plot advertisements? I’m not ready to meet my maker yet! :pray::lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: It pays to plan ahead though! My parents bought their plots over 20 years ago and prices are sky high now. My dad laments not buying more as investment properties.
Investment properties! OMG! :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean and @JPie, You are too funny!

A week after my 40th birthday I went out to the mailbox and low and behold there was something from AARP. When I walked in the house and told my husband he looked at it and said “Honey, it’s addressed to the next door neighbor. We have 10 more years before they start sending us mailings”.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean and @JPie, You are too funny!

A week after my 40th birthday I went out to the mailbox and low and behold there was something from AARP. When I walked in the house and told my husband he looked at it and said “Honey, it’s addressed to the next door neighbor. We have 10 more years before they start sending us mailings”.
:lol-2::roll2::P2

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I get those too

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results