I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/25/2010 8:05:30 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
Date: 3/25/2010 7:45:01 PM

Author: monarch64

<---dying to know what ''flop sweat'' means.

i think it means under your boobs lol

are we allowed to say boobs?

if not, im sorry
12.gif

ROFL--ok, good to know!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I hate how my cable company decides "regional interest" when showing sporting events. I want to watch the UK game, darn it, and I didn''t want to have to go to a sports bar to be able to do it.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Flop Sweat. But I like yours too Smurfy. What are you trying to say about my boobs though? Mine levitate.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 8:10:15 PM

are we allowed to say boobs?

if not, im sorry
12.gif

ROFL--ok, good to know!
Oh good lord, I thought it mean the extra sweat you get when you''re nervous. I didn''t think it had geographical connotations.

*grumbles and goes to check*

jas

Brilliant_Rock
According to Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: flop sweat
Function: noun
Date: 1953
: nervous sweat (as of a performer) caused especially by the fear of failing

But now I feel like I should put some Arrid under the girls.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 8:26:27 PM
Author: jas
But now I feel like I should put some Arrid under the girls.
LOL. I was thinking -- that does not have to do with boobs ... but, it also seemed somehow accurate! So I had to go look it up asap.
3.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love karma..
5.gif
Complain all you want.. The truth comes out.. Gotta love that.
2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Today, my mom expressed to me for the first time that she understood that discrimination against gays was as wrong as discrimination against any other group. Then she thoughtful talked about rampant discrimination against transgendered persons, and further talked about the students in her elem school, and how it seemed clear that some perhaps had different sexual orientations, and that she was also aware of the timeframe where such self expression was safe, and also the age when the children began to recognize the differences, and start discriminating amongst themselves.

I am so impressed with my mom, at age 57. She doesn''t agree with homesexuality, but she also realizes that she doesn''t have to. Discrimination is still discrimination.
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 9:17:09 PM
Author: trillionaire
Today, my mom expressed to me for the first time that she understood that discrimination against gays was as wrong as discrimination against any other group. Then she thoughtful talked about rampant discrimination against transgendered persons, and further talked about the students in her elem school, and how it seemed clear that some perhaps had different sexual orientations, and that she was also aware of the timeframe where such self expression was safe, and also the age when the children began to recognize the differences, and start discriminating amongst themselves.

I am so impressed with my mom, at age 57. She doesn''t agree with homesexuality, but she also realizes that she doesn''t have to. Discrimination is still discrimination.
5.gif
Yay for your Mom!!!!
2.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am (still
23.gif
) slammed at work today so I had my first ever "rockstar" energy drink.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!
14.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
DH is having friends over for the Sabbath this weekend to discuss their fantasy baseball draft (they''re all on a team together). Which means I have to cook tons of food for 3 men (plus me) for Friday night dinner and Saturday lunch. And then they will all eat this food while they talk about fantasy baseball and drafts and things and I''ll have nothing to say (I love baseball, but I don''t like fantasy sports).

I had a term paper due today, so I couldn''t prepare in advance so I spent all night so far cooking and now I have a whole bunch of things left to do to finish cooking and getting our small one-bedroom apartment ready for them to sleep in... Oh and did I mention DH is in the middle of another online fantasy draft right now so he can''t help at all?

I''m whining, and I know it. He does all the dishes which helps a ton. And it''s going to make him so happy when they''re here. I''m just tired.
14.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Happy Half-iversary to FI and I!

6.5 years and counting!
30.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 9:45:20 PM
Author: Lilac
DH is having friends over for the Sabbath this weekend to discuss their fantasy baseball draft (they''re all on a team together). Which means I have to cook tons of food for 3 men (plus me) for Friday night dinner and Saturday lunch. And then they will all eat this food while they talk about fantasy baseball and drafts and things and I''ll have nothing to say (I love baseball, but I don''t like fantasy sports).

I had a term paper due today, so I couldn''t prepare in advance so I spent all night so far cooking and now I have a whole bunch of things left to do to finish cooking and getting our small one-bedroom apartment ready for them to sleep in... Oh and did I mention DH is in the middle of another online fantasy draft right now so he can''t help at all?

I''m whining, and I know it. He does all the dishes which helps a ton. And it''s going to make him so happy when they''re here. I''m just tired.
14.gif
Aw, I hope you have a nice Shabbat, Lilac. At least the food will be delicious!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I just measured our inseams and now I feel like a freak. (We''re buying new bicycles, so we need to figure out which size to buy, hence the inseam measuring.)

DH is 68" tall with a 30" inseam.
I am 69.5" tall with a 35" inseam.
23.gif

According to the standover height measurements, DH will need a size small frame, and I''ll need a large! Yikes.

I''ve always *known* that I need to buy 36" length jeans (good luck with that, by the way) if I don''t want to look like I''m wearing flood pants, but man, I still feel like such a weirdo.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 11:57:13 PM
Author: Haven
DH and I just measured our inseams and now I feel like a freak. (We''re buying new bicycles, so we need to figure out which size to buy, hence the inseam measuring.)

DH is 68'' tall with a 30'' inseam.
I am 69.5'' tall with a 35'' inseam.
23.gif

According to the standover height measurements, DH will need a size small frame, and I''ll need a large! Yikes.

I''ve always *known* that I need to buy 36'' length jeans (good luck with that, by the way) if I don''t want to look like I''m wearing flood pants, but man, I still feel like such a weirdo.
hahaha, were you the one from the bad date thread that had the guy mention wanting you to wrap your athletic legs around him? Bwahahaha, that''s what I thought of! He knows a good inseam when he sees one!
31.gif

And you guys are too cute with all your couples biking and whatnot!
21.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my cats seems to have decided that a scent marker is a terrible thing to waste...

on a litter box.

AAAAAAAAAAAAARG!
29.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh Trill, I'm laughing so hard over here!

"He knows a good inseam when he sees one."
Hahahahahaha!

You're so right! I had that super creepy guy tell me that he was thinking about my long athletic legs wrapped around him after our first date! (I was wearing pants, too. He never saw my legs.)

Oh my gosh, now I'm really thinking that I must look like a freak with my half-leg body. I always thought he said that because he's weird, but I'M the weirdo with the body that's half legs. Oh no!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 11:49:14 PM
Date: 3/25/2010 9:45:20 PM

Author: Lilac

14.gif

Aw, I hope you have a nice Shabbat, Lilac. At least the food will be delicious!

Thanks so much, Haven.
1.gif
So far I''ve cooked the chicken, noodle kugel, steamed vegetables, cauliflower quiche, cranberry apple oatmeal dish, and puff pastry deli roll. Tomorrow I need to do the fish, chocolate chip cookies, salads, and cut up the fruit. And buy the challah (I''ve always wanted to make my own, but I just always run out of time!)

Once it''s all done, it should be a nice Shabbat. They''ll talk fantasy baseball and eat my food, and I''ll curl up on the couch with a good book or magazine. Once the cooking is done, I''ll hopefully finally feel kind of relaxed - I got into grad school and tomorrow is the first day of spring break so there''s *finally* nothing to worry about for school anytime soon!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 12:12:39 AM
Oh my gosh Trill, I''m laughing so hard over here!

''He knows a good inseam when he sees one.''
Hahahahahaha!

You''re so right! I had that super creepy guy tell me that he was thinking about my long athletic legs wrapped around him after our first date! (I was wearing pants, too. He never saw my legs.)

Oh my gosh, now I''m really thinking that I must look like a freak with my half-leg body. I always thought he said that because he''s weird, but I''M the weirdo with the body that''s half legs. Oh no!
OMG, you have me dying over here! I literally am crying. You are certainly not a freak, I''ve seen enough pictures of you to know that! My sister has really short legs... looks totally normal, but if she tries on a pair of pants off the rack, she looks like a kid playing dress up! It''s so odd, but it''s not discernible otherwise. She has a good tailor now
2.gif
So, I''m sure your legs look perfectly proportioned, but man, I got a good laugh remembering that guy from your date post. What a creep! *giggle giggle*

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 12:46:13 AM
Author: yssie
Date: 3/22/2010 11:30:06 PM

Author: arjunajane

Thanks Lilac.
5.gif

I have been blessed fortunately for the most part with good groups - until now.
40.gif

I also have a natural tendency to take on a leadership role when no one else steps up; so now they likely expect me to do everything for them - well, not going to happen boys!
2.gif

We do at least have a system where you put in an anonymous assessment of each group member''s performance with the report, so the marks can be modified accordingly.

You can bet if they don''t step up I''ll be filling that page UP, ha
2.gif

Ugh. I wound up doing a term project pretty much entirely by myself in a signals class.. one boy wrote the intro and conclusion (which I then had to edit because he misinterpreted most of my data), the other girl spellchecked the final paper and printed twenty copies for the class. And we all got the same grade.
14.gif

Good luck AJ!! At least you can out them if they don''t step up!

Hey yssie!
35.gif
Wow, this thread moves fast - I couldn''t even find my comment!

Thankyou for your support, I''m glad to hear others can relate.
14.gif

Ya, at least we can provide f/b on member''s performance as individuals - your situation would''ve peeved me off!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 9:24:47 AM
Author: Strawdermangrl
Date: 3/22/2010 11:06:52 PM

Author: arjunajane

I can''t stand lazy group members for university assignments
29.gif

We have a 25 page report in two weeks, and I''m in the cruddiest group with two guys.

One never answers emails, the other doesn''t come to class.
20.gif

Not. Cool.
arjunane...Oh, do I feel you on that.

Actually went to TA and Prof and said that I would rather do the ENTIRE project by myself, prof laughed and said he had been waiting for this conversation. I would log all required lab hours as well as all required paperwork because I was tired of pulling the weight of the group. I have HIGH standards for myself and if the group is going to pull my average down, I will end up completely starting over to make sure everything is perfect. I HATE when people 1/2 a@@ it because they KNOW that someone else will pick up the slack. (I always get paired with the same guy and girl) Scary part? They are going to be someones doctor and they are THAT lazy. Boo.
38.gif
It makes me angry to know that for the 3 or 4 people that work SO hard there are the 5 or 6 that don''t and in turn make us work that much harder.
29.gif
29.gif

Hi Straw,

oh no, I can''t believe you have people like that who are studying to be doctors
32.gif

I''m a business student, so at least I don''t need to concern myself with who''s companies these students will be working for
2.gif

I know what you''re saying about the high standards thing - I''m sorry to hear you''ve had difficult groups too.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s way past time to go to bed, but PBS is showing a Leonard Cohen concert.

How can I possibly pass up the chance to watch a Leonard Cohen concert????

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 4:48:55 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Date: 3/24/2010 8:52:20 PM

Author: packrat

I am DYING for some new tattoos. I''ve got some of them all planned out and I want them NOW, not when I lose 30# or more.

I need to lose about 30#. Or more.

If you have a fuller face, will you look dumb if you have short hair?

Zoe-haha, I was hoping you would''ve come back that night b/c I wanted to say I was sitting here w/my finger right next to your cheek chanting ''I''m not touching you I''m not touching you''. And then maybe I''d give you a wet willy for good measure.
11.gif

Yeah, that would have gotten a laugh out of me!

I think short hair looks great on people with fuller faces.

So..if I chop my hair off and look bad..I''m going to give you another wet willy!

I heard a little bit of a cool song on the college station this morning and tried to google the one part of lyrics I could remember-took me 15 minutes to find the song! Jeez!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Chester ate nearly 1/2 a pound of salami last night. DH left it on the coffee table while he cleaned up some other stuff in the kitchen. He came back to get it and it was *gone*. That dog knows better than to get up on the table! He threw up because of it, so it came back to haunt him. Only now I''m out of salami.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/26/2010 11:02:02 AM
Author: April20
Chester ate nearly 1/2 a pound of salami last night. DH left it on the coffee table while he cleaned up some other stuff in the kitchen. He came back to get it and it was *gone*. That dog knows better than to get up on the table! He threw up because of it, so it came back to haunt him. Only now I''m out of salami.
Chester! When I''m walking my dog he often "scavenges". I do my best to keep him from getting things and have been known to rip something right out of this throat. He still gets things every now and then and sometimes I''ll say to him "I hope you puke. You''re going to pay for that!"
11.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t you just hate when PS eats your posts? It just happened.
32.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i think im experiencing my first ever stress induced migraine. my head hurts so badly right now that i feel like i can''t function. i''ve had the CRAZIEST DAY FROM HE-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS EVER so far and i just want to go home now. and there is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much work to do. i''m never going to do it all.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
*sigh*

I am fond of email, don''t get me wrong - but when you''ve been away from work / not checking emails for 3 -4 days, and you end up with at least 3 - 4 pages of unread mail..
it get''s laborious, to say the least
14.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 11:32:16 AM
Author: charbie
i think im experiencing my first ever stress induced migraine. my head hurts so badly right now that i feel like i can''t function. i''ve had the CRAZIEST DAY FROM HE-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS EVER so far and i just want to go home now. and there is just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much work to do. i''m never going to do it all.

urggkhh..I''m sorry to hear that Charbie. Migraines are just the worst.
Fortunately I no longer get them habitually, but one every couple of months is enough.

Honestly, you should go home - rest is the only cure, or they can get worse quickly
40.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I CANNOT stand passive agressive comments, especially in email and from a coworker. You can''t respond to what they''re actually saying because then you look like the b*tch. I''ve just got to ignore it and remember this.is.NOT.forever...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results