shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

HI:

Wow Oakgem has some desirable "New Arrivals". Me wants!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

@Lisa Loves Shiny may i ask how your mum is doing ?

Thanks for asking @Daisys and Diamonds! My mom is doing great, Her surgery really made a difference in her quality of life and I am beyond grateful that the surgeon took her case because I can't think of many who would. He might have been a little miffed at me for bringing her to him since her injury was a train wreck and the surgery very high risk, but he has forgiven me. :) She would have died if not for his intervention and since she has a crush on her physical therapist she has taken to it very well. :)

Thanks for asking @Daisys and Diamonds! My mom is doing great, Her surgery really made a difference in her quality of life and I am beyond grateful that the surgeon took her case because I can't think of many who would. He might have been a little miffed at me for bringing her to him since her injury was a train wreck and the surgery very high risk, but he has forgiven me. :) She would have died if not for his intervention and since she has a crush on her physical therapist she has taken to it very well. :)

this is such good news
im so happy for your family

ok completly random, but need to shear

i brought some outragousely bad Wen pearls for fun because they are a really big size
no way can i show them on the pearl thread:lol-2:
plus im surpossed to be on ban island !:lol:
the colours are pretty, a fish bit is more like a shark bite , they are all the different versions of baroque 'round', not even going to talk about luster, but i kind of love them
boy are they heavy though
and of course they are not long enough to go around the fat neck - but being so heavy im not sure i want to buy a repeat
i cant stop playing with them, i have to do something with them:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:
just for fun:dance:

1718357452863.png
his is a pretty good representation of them but a bit more dull

1718357521977.png
my strand leans pinky
anyway so im thinking about some fun necklace but i dont want to add any more weight to it if i can help it
what is nice is that they have arrived graduated
@Autumn in New England or anyone else who wants to chime in for fun
taking into accounts knots and a clasp i still need a few inches for comfort
so im thinking a few smaller well placed spacer beads ??

i brought some outragousely bad Wen pearls for fun because they are a really big size
the colours are pretty, a fish bit is more like a shark bite , they are all the different versions of baroque 'round', not even going to talk about luster, but i kind of love them
and of course they are not long enough to go around the fat neck - but being so heavy im not sure i want to buy a repeat
i cant stop playing with them, i have to do something with them:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl:

1718357452863.png

1718357521977.png
my strand leans pinky
anyway so im thinking about some fun necklace but i dont want to add any more weight to it if i can help it

I love them! And I think the beads you posted are really pretty and will look good with the pearls...I think a necklace made out of just those beads would be pretty lol. I've been trying to "up my game" a bit lately and put a little more effort into my appearance. I recently bought some costume necklaces and idk, they make me feel a little more put together. I know this is such a dumb question, but could I make a necklace using just the colored beads?

1718357452863.png

1718357521977.png
my strand leans pinky

I just love the natural hues of freshwater pearls! Fun project, Daisy!! So here's what I do when I don't have enough of the same bead to complete a necklace. Yes, you could add spacer beads throughout the piece, if that's the sort of aesthetic you're going for, but I prefer a traditional hand-knotted pearl necklace. What I would do is add some silver or gold beads to the back of the necklace where the piece will clasp. Also, use the largest closure that works with the design. Like this... as you can see I ran out of rutilated quartz beads as I was going along and just used whatever sterling beads I had left. :lol:

Rutilated quartz beaded necklace.JPG

y
I love them! And I think the beads you posted are really pretty and will look good with the pearls...I think a necklace made out of just those beads would be pretty lol. I've been trying to "up my game" a bit lately and put a little more effort into my appearance. I recently bought some costume necklaces and idk, they make me feel a little more put together. I know this is such a dumb question, but could I make a necklace using just the colored beads?

yes, i think we both should !!!

i hate that necklaces seem to have fallen out of favor in some quarters
we must stage a come back !!!
i know some things on etsy and of course else where never look as good as the vendor photo, but im not too worried as they will still match the pearls but i really do hope they are as pretty as they look
etsy is full of beryl beads, i am just governed to choose a vendor who doesnt charge an arm and a leg for shipping which so happens out of the US (not that i am blaimming the vendor, shipping just is what it is)

I just love the natural hues of freshwater pearls! Fun project, Daisy!! So here's what I do when I don't have enough of the same bead to complete a necklace. Yes, you could add spacer beads throughout the piece, if that's the sort of aesthetic you're going for, but I prefer a traditional hand-knotted pearl necklace. What I would do is add some silver or gold beads to the back of the necklace where the piece will clasp. Also, use the largest closure that works with the design. Like this... as you can see I ran out of rutilated quartz beads as I was going along and just used whatever sterling beads I had left. :lol:

Rutilated quartz beaded necklace.JPG

that is so pretty and the back looks matched in aesthetics
i have been having all sorts of trouble extending all my necklaces for more of a comfort fit so this is definatly a good option and one i will consider thank you
i have a lot of trouble doing up necklaces so my man makes me a large silver almost 'utilitarian' claspy thing that i can manage, actually similar to the clasp on your necklace as shown above
but i kind of get the feeling the pearls want rose gold fastenings (well in this case it will be rose gold plated or filled), but we shell see after i order the beryl beads -that i now seem to also be making a stand alone necklace of thanks to the lovely @junebug17
and yes, i do intend to get them all knotted

im surposed to be on ban island due to property tax...
Wen's freight is only NZ$5.95
so i brought another strand (she only had six left and i didnt want to regret missing out)
i must say they look better at night
i will be able to pick out the the worst ones and have a longer necklace for a more comfort fit aka fat neck
a couple have nacre damage and that would just annoy me too much

i will still get the beryls but now i can get a larger size

now back to the random thoughts ....

y

yes, i think we both should !!!

i hate that necklaces seem to have fallen out of favor in some quarters
we must stage a come back !!!
i know some things on etsy and of course else where never look as good as the vendor photo, but im not too worried as they will still match the pearls but i really do hope they are as pretty as they look
etsy is full of beryl beads, i am just governed to choose a vendor who doesnt charge an arm and a leg for shipping which so happens out of the US (not that i am blaimming the vendor, shipping just is what it is)

Yes, time to bring the necklace back lol! I just ordered the 8 mm size. I really think they're going to be pretty. The reviews are good, one person said there wasn't enough blue beads but I can live with that!

Yes, time to bring the necklace back lol! I just ordered the 8 mm size. I really think they're going to be pretty. The reviews are good, one person said there wasn't enough blue beads but I can live with that!

i cant wait to see them :kiss2:

I came across this and I know we have some new moms and moms to be on the boards.
This one's for you.;)2

a bad thing may have just happened .....
1719210975508.jpeg
i brought it because i have my little freezer full of hot cross buns ..ive only eatten 3 in the last week
meanwhile the jar is almost empty

a bad thing may have just happened .....
1719210975508.jpeg
i brought it because i have my little freezer full of hot cross buns ..ive only eatten 3 in the last week
meanwhile the jar is almost empty

This is the very reason I don't buy it in the first place. I just can't resist!

HI:

Go OILERS!

cheers--Sharon

I was rooting for them too! :(2

They are absolute winners, such a final series!!!! Exciting was an understatement!!! FAUB pros!!! Connor McDavid earned this trophy!

got my 2nd strand of those big ugly Wen pearls
im pretty sure they are Edison, there is a big plastic center i can see on one particaly ugly speciemen
but my goodness the nacre is thick !
i think i will be able to get a really fun necklace of a comfertable length out of the two strands

Got my haircut all shaggy choppy and my head feels 5 lbs lighter. Got tired of one-length lobs and bobs, needed some layers. Hopefully I won't be my usual failure at styling it or else I'll look like this Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 12.39.51 PM.png

Last night was a disaster

Last night was a disaster

Maybe. Four months is longer than most people's memories. Hoping that angry women do their best to ensure they have a chance of having their rights restored come November.

Got my haircut all shaggy choppy and my head feels 5 lbs lighter. Got tired of one-length lobs and bobs, needed some layers. Hopefully I won't be my usual failure at styling it or else I'll look like this Screenshot 2024-06-26 at 12.39.51 PM.png

The struggle is real. I just got chopped to a bob because my stylist (and it seems very stylist) cannot give me the same layers twice. Right now there are just enough remaining layers so my hair doesn't have the Christmas tree shape. In a couple of months I will be dealing with that again and will......get some layers. Lol

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP