shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lemon meringue pie...I think it's a southern thing. My Mom makes it. I like it ok but prefer some of her other pies over
Lemon meringue. I don't think I would ever buy one though!

Oh I love LM pie--but homemade lemon creme and pastry. (like Mom used to make). I'm sure your Mom's is delish!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was driving to get pumpkins when this song came on..ohmigod brought back such memories listening to it growing up...I was crying and grooving in my car....turned it up SO loud my car doors were shaking...gave the Harmon Kardon a good work out...

Listen to it LOUD. Groove on!!!

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Because I love great clothes and jewellery....OKOKO because I am lame. Dynasty season a million, 2022, on Netflix!!! Go Fallon! (she has the best lines)

cheers--Sharon

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was driving to get pumpkins when this song came on..ohmigod brought back such memories listening to it growing up...I was crying and grooving in my car....turned it up SO loud my car doors were shaking...gave the Harmon Kardon a good work out...

cheers--Sharon

I heard this recently on my local oldies station!
Such a great song!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I parked in front of this house this morning bringing the youngest to school. Look at that amazing detail :kiss2:

7913E384-3095-436D-920C-014E91693F82.jpeg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I parked in front of this house this morning bringing the youngest to school. Look at that amazing detail :kiss2:

7913E384-3095-436D-920C-014E91693F82.jpeg

So many beautiful old houses in your part of the world!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used a shipping forwarder to take advantage of the low pound to buy a designer handbag... and despite knowing multiple people who've used the shipping forwarder without issue, of course my package goes missing from their warehouse. Of course. I find it absolutely ridiculous that all the risky ebay and jewelry purchases I've made have turned out fine so far but buying a handbag and shipping to a parcel forwarder is apparently the thing that went wrong and I lost money on. :(( Hopefully it's not gone forever and will turn up? But the email I got from them was definitely very victim-blamey so I'm not encouraged.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Great stuff! @canuk-gal I saw Miriam Makeba with Paul Simon, in Montreal in 1987. One of the most wonderful concerts I’ve ever attended =)2 Your post brought back good memories.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great stuff! @canuk-gal I saw Miriam Makeba with Paul Simon, in Montreal in 1987. One of the most wonderful concerts I’ve ever attended =)2 Your post brought back good memories.

OHMIGOD you lucky duckie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen Paul Simon as well, but without her.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I the only one who gives my IG handle and then panics because there are more jewelry pictures than anything else?

My younger son made a friend at school and for school spirit week his friend’s mom wants to dress them alike for “twin day”. So she asked if I was on IG and without thinking I was like “Yes!”

Just archived all evidence of bling obsession because she isn’t one of us :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Am I the only one who gives my IG handle and then panics because there are more jewelry pictures than anything else?

My younger son made a friend at school and for school spirit week his friend’s mom wants to dress them alike for “twin day”. So she asked if I was on IG and without thinking I was like “Yes!”

Just archived all evidence of bling obsession because she isn’t one of us :lol:

@YadaYadaYada I used to post pics of my jewelry on IG..but then my DIL asked me for my user name..Now I don’t post anything! She would think I was nuts naming my rings and posting about them..I think I need to set up a new one. I haven’t posted since she asked me. I deleted a lot of photos too! Does anyone have two IG accounts?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada I used to post pics of my jewelry on IG..but then my DIL asked me for my user name..Now I don’t post anything! She would think I was nuts naming my rings and posting about them..I think I need to set up a new one. I haven’t posted since she asked me. I deleted a lot of photos too! Does anyone have two IG accounts?

I went through the same thing! I added my SIL to my old account and then felt all awkward and judged about any jewelry posts, it took all the joy out and so I deleted my account.

I don’t have a separate account, I just made a new one and made it a private account and try not to add any non blingers ;)2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I went through the same thing! I added my SIL to my old account and then felt all awkward and judged about any jewelry posts, it took all the joy out and so I deleted my account.

I don’t have a separate account, I just made a new one and made it a private account and try not to add any non blingers ;)2

@YadaYadaYada She would know if I deleted the account. We also message each other on IG when we see recipes or hacks..:lol-2: I think I have to come up with a different account and user name and just make sure I message her with the old one.:cool2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada She would know if I deleted the account. We also message each other on IG when we see recipes or hacks..:lol-2: I think I have to come up with a different account and user name and just make sure I message her with the old one.:cool2:

Make another account, just don’t be like me and give it out to anyone who would stifle your bling joy. I just never learn! :lol:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Well this blows giant monkey chunks, my crown on my back molar just broke off at the gum line! I really hope they can just place a new post but usually they shear like this because decay has rotted the tooth underneath.
Not a happy camper and I really don't want to have an implant. Tomorrow is a friggin' holiday to make it extra special as a PIA.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well this blows giant monkey chunks, my crown on my back molar just broke off at the gum line! I really hope they can just place a new post but usually they shear like this because decay has rotted the tooth underneath.
Not a happy camper and I really don't want to have an implant. Tomorrow is a friggin' holiday to make it extra special as a PIA.

Ugh I am so sorry @ItsMainelyYou. Wishing you an easier fix than you think and quick healing. Sending you gentle hugs and lots of healing vibes

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great deals here!!!!!!

cheers--Sharon

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Crisis averted!
The crown can be replaced with relatively no muss or fuss. The scary color was staining. Still costs a mint, but hey, the other one was almost twenty years old, so. Wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :dance:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crisis averted!
The crown can be replaced with relatively no muss or fuss. The scary color was staining. Still costs a mint, but hey, the other one was almost twenty years old, so. Wooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :dance:

You lucked out! I had a crown that only lasted 3 years!:x2 My new dentist insinuated that the previous dentist had put the
crown on and had not "built up" enough under the crown so there was a gap (opening) under the crown. It could only handle so much
chomping before it broke. So 2 crowns on the same tooth in 3 years...my wallet was not happy ;(.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
You lucked out! I had a crown that only lasted 3 years!:x2 My new dentist insinuated that the previous dentist had put the
crown on and had not "built up" enough under the crown so there was a gap (opening) under the crown. It could only handle so much
chomping before it broke. So 2 crowns on the same tooth in 3 years...my wallet was not happy ;(.
Phew, this time...
Oh, I know that song. My teeth are my biggest bane. Thin enamel. First the old style amalgams, then the resins to replace, then crowns on all the molars. Usually, there has to be a root canal...I had one that only lasted 5 months because it was too high. Endless work. I have 5 now. All different makes depending on what's 'new' at the time. All replaced at least once. My dentist won't have anyone to blame but himself, he put all of them in:lol: this one was old trusty- wore like iron, that one did. I've had a few that have popped at least once.
Fun times. The part that galls me is that I take very careful care of my teeth, always have.
Crowns are my only option as I ground my teeth until finally they cracked open like flowers.
They shouldn't cost as much as they do, I think it's only the US that has such exorbitant costs: 'cause freedom! It's highway robbery for how fickle they are and honestly how cheaply they can be made.
This is another place all my money goes, into the old mouth hole.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phew, this time...
Oh, I know that song. My teeth are my biggest bane. Thin enamel. First the old style amalgams, then the resins to replace, then crowns on all the molars. Usually, there has to be a root canal...I had one that only lasted 5 months because it was too high. Endless work. I have 5 now. All different makes depending on what's 'new' at the time. All replaced at least once. My dentist won't have anyone to blame but himself, he put all of them in:lol: this one was old trusty- wore like iron, that one did. I've had a few that have popped at least once.
Fun times. The part that galls me is that I take very careful care of my teeth, always have.
Crowns are my only option as I ground my teeth until finally they cracked open like flowers.
They shouldn't cost as much as they do, I think it's only the US that has such exorbitant costs: 'cause freedom! It's highway robbery for how fickle they are and honestly how cheaply they can be made.
This is another place all my money goes, into the old mouth hole.

Canada has very high dental costs.

Glad you can have your tooth (easily) fixed. Difficult to eat without teeth!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Canada has very high dental costs.

Glad you can have your tooth (easily) fixed. Difficult to eat without teeth!

And distinctly unsettling when they just tumble out of your face.:lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The long bar and all the brackets on that side of the closet pulled out of the wall. Avalanche of clothes, purses, belts, and god only knows what. Ugh. Everything is now piled on the bed. I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did a pretty bad goof yesterday…My friend is really happy so that makes it a little better. I had pretty 1 carat six prong moissy studs that I used when I needed to wear something a little reserved. I really loved them..I met my friends out for lunch last week. I wore my 3ctw carat diamond studs that day. I usually don’t wear them when I see them..but I forgot and wore them…One of my good friends kept saying out loud how her diamond hoop earrings never sparkle like mine. Mine are VVS2..Hers are most likely I3s..and she doesn’t clean them. I told her they probably need a run in an ultrasonic. I told her the Magnasonic brand I have from Amazon. She then asked me how much diamond earrings cost because her husband said he would buy her diamond studs. She has no clue what diamonds cost. I told her thousands of dollars without going into specifics. She was shocked..There was no way she was going to let him spend thousands of dollars for earrings..So I suggested she may like moissanite..that I had a small pair that I wear occasionally. I offered to LEND them to her to see if she liked them..and could sleep in them. I boxed them up and sent them to her house in Delaware. I’m in Pa..but we’re two hours away from each other. Well..She loves them..and begged me to sell them to her. Knowing how she is about spending money..and she is a good friend…I GAVE them to her..for her birthday..since we are meeting next month for her and my other friend’s birthday...They are in custom six prong settings so they aren’t cheap. She just said thank you so much..Not only that..This was done on a three person text..I forgot that my other friend was on the thread of messages..Her birthday is two days from the first friend. I said something like just don’t tell S! TG I did a laughing emoji because the other friend popped in and texted laughing emojis..OMG..I just said something like I know you’re there..I have something for you too! I put a string of laughing emojis back..I have to buy her a birthday present too..Now I’m thinking I need to give S a piece of jewelry of mine because I gave the first friend that expensive present..That’s not all! Did I lose you? Hahaha Two weeks ago we had the lunch for the third friend. I bought her a fall pillow for her couch..We never do large presents..If I give the second friend a piece of my jewelry..that maybe I don’t wear..do I also up my third friend’s gift. After all..she got a pillow. Do I give any more of my jewelry away or just buy the second friend the regular gift…maybe upping it a little? Thanks for letting me get this out!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a pretty bad goof yesterday…My friend is really happy so that makes it a little better. I had pretty 1 carat six prong moissy studs that I used when I needed to wear something a little reserved. I really loved them..I met my friends out for lunch last week. I wore my 3ctw carat diamond studs that day. I usually don’t wear them when I see them..but I forgot and wore them…One of my good friends kept saying out loud how her diamond hoop earrings never sparkle like mine. Mine are VVS2..Hers are most likely I3s..and she doesn’t clean them. I told her they probably need a run in an ultrasonic. I told her the Magnasonic brand I have from Amazon. She then asked me how much diamond earrings cost because her husband said he would buy her diamond studs. She has no clue what diamonds cost. I told her thousands of dollars without going into specifics. She was shocked..There was no way she was going to let him spend thousands of dollars for earrings..So I suggested she may like moissanite..that I had a small pair that I wear occasionally. I offered to LEND them to her to see if she liked them..and could sleep in them. I boxed them up and sent them to her house in Delaware. I’m in Pa..but we’re two hours away from each other. Well..She loves them..and begged me to sell them to her. Knowing how she is about spending money..and she is a good friend…I GAVE them to her..for her birthday..since we are meeting next month for her and my other friend’s birthday...They are in custom six prong settings so they aren’t cheap. She just said thank you so much..Not only that..This was done on a three person text..I forgot that my other friend was on the thread of messages..Her birthday is two days from the first friend. I said something like just don’t tell S! TG I did a laughing emoji because the other friend popped in and texted laughing emojis..OMG..I just said something like I know you’re there..I have something for you too! I put a string of laughing emojis back..I have to buy her a birthday present too..Now I’m thinking I need to give S a piece of jewelry of mine because I gave the first friend that expensive present..That’s not all! Did I lose you? Hahaha Two weeks ago we had the lunch for the third friend. I bought her a fall pillow for her couch..We never do large presents..If I give the second friend a piece of my jewelry..that maybe I don’t wear..do I also up my third friend’s gift. After all..she got a pillow. Do I give any more of my jewelry away or just buy the second friend the regular gift…maybe upping it a little? Thanks for letting me get this out!

OMG and LOL, that sounds like something I would do! Sorry @MamaBee but hopefully you will take comfort in the fact they will love love love your generous gift and wear them and enjoy them every day. At least the moisannite stud friend...let us know how the other gift giving experience goes. LOL you are a generous and kind friend Joanne. XOXO

PS my half birthday is coming up in a few months...just sayin ;-) :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy I think I’m Lucille Ball reincarnated..:lol:
I’m leaning towards buying my second friend who saw the text a sweater..which she loves getting for her birthdays…and sterling silver earrings from TJMaxx! I’m also going to buy sterling silver earrings for the third friend who got a pillow for her birthday..She loves pillows! Haha This way everyone gets earrings..albeit A LOT cheaper…I really don’t even think they understand what the moissy ones cost. I went through my earrings and I don’t want to give any more away..:lol::lol::lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lol @MamaBee! I would just buy your second friend a gift you would normally buy, I don't think you need to match the value of the earrings. What you're thinking of sounds fine. As you said, chances are they don't even realize how expensive the moissy ones are.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@lol @MamaBee! I would just buy your second friend a gift you would normally buy, I don't think you need to match the value of the earrings. What you're thinking of sounds fine. As you said, chances are they don't even realize how expensive the moissy ones are.

Thank you @junebug.. That’s what I’m going to do. I miss those cute studs. They were different because they were six prongs on the .50 stud..The 1 carat was perfect. Now I’m trying to decide if I really need to replace them with lab or mined diamond ones in that size. :boohoo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results