shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I’m wondering since chickens have ear lobes, if breaking into the chicken earring market might be a worthwhile prospect. LOL!

Can you imagine little drumstick studs on a chicken?!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Now I’m wondering since chickens have ear lobes, if breaking into the chicken earring market might be a worthwhile prospect. LOL!

Welp, I'm sold. :lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yummy?? :saint: :P2

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's perfect.:cool2:
I let her know, and she was so happy to do it. She's thinks that's very cool, I mean, it has an Indo and fire!

*This is a neat little thing, but she says that there is a new debate going on that dinosaurs could possibly have earlobes like chickens. chicken-ear-location.jpg
I didn't even know chickens had earlobes!

Hmm… looks like it could accommodate a small diamond stud with no problem!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stuff aughtta be outlawed for being far too addictive. But we bought the five-box “family pack” anyway, yes we did.

9D66D64E-B7C7-496E-8461-6F81D10307C4.jpeg

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I drank mead for the first time at a brew pub that produces custom quaffs. It was lightly carbonated and deeeelicious, made with clover honey. Ambrosia. Although I loved it, I couldn't drink very much of it because it was very rich. Explains why the wealthy were sloshed during Medieval times. I also sampled a fruity mead, can't remember which berries were used to make it. Tasted like cough syrup. The friend who was lunching with me liked the berry mead and said she couldn't taste or smell the honey in the other one. I could smell and taste the honey.
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 10.28.56 PM.png

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The day started with me thinking I lost a ring, literally the worst way to start the day, you all know it. Proceeded to tear the room apart only to find said ring where it is supposed to be but in a different box. Okay after that…need coffee. Out of coffee!! Ughhhhhh!

Finally got coffee and white scrolling through FB saw this, could always be worse!

21277DB8-FCEB-4489-BA35-F1214C2515C7.jpeg

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I’m being taught a lesson in patience waiting to find out my newest shiny thing has shipped. (Initial contact made last Tuesday, paid Friday, set/sized Saturday and now hoping it ships today.)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'm taking the GIA Colored Stones Essentials online class. Its interesting, yay! (But I have the attention span of a fruit fly -- Boo!)

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm tearing 50 year old tack strips off the steps. Apparently the tack strips were reused when we had new carpet installed in 2004.
Surprise! Oak treads!
I pulled off and disposed of the yukky worn out carpet and padding which was 17 years old. There were a thousand staples in the old padding, all had to be pulled out.
I will sand, stain and apply polyurethane in the near future.
I told DH to stand back......this is my project!
IMG_20220812_141930552.jpg

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm tearing 50 year old tack strips off the steps. Apparently the tack strips were reused when we had new carpet installed in 2004.
Surprise! Oak treads!
I pulled off and disposed of the yukky worn out carpet and padding which was 17 years old. There were a thousand staples in the old padding, all had to be pulled out.

That’s a great find @stracci2000! I did that twenty five years ago when my back was still good! I used a flat head screwdriver and pliers to pull out the staples. I pulled up the carpet in two bedrooms, a small hallway, and a flight of stairs. I did have someone come in to refinish them though! Mine were also oak! Please post a photo when you’re done!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I wish I had a servant. Right now, I'd make her trim my hair, draw me a bath, clean up the place, start the laundry, fix a dainty little dinner of five or six tasty but low fat and plant-based dishes, then do my nails. If she got on my nerves, I'd smack her then bounce my phone off her head like Naomi Campbell did when her maid couldn't find the jeans she wanted to wear. After all, they have to learn. Don't judge me.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I had a servant. Right now, I'd make her trim my hair, draw me a bath, clean up the place, start the laundry, fix a dainty little dinner of five or six tasty plant-based dishes, then do my nails. If she got on my nerves, I'd smack her and bounce my phone off her head like Naomi Campbell did when her maid couldn't find the jeans she wanted to wear. After all, they have to learn. Don't judge me.

She'll need to learn the correct way to clean your jewelry. Or else!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a great find @stracci2000! I did that twenty five years ago when my back was still good! I used a flat head screwdriver and pliers to pull out the staples. I pulled up the carpet in two bedrooms, a small hallway, and a flight of stairs. I did have someone come in to refinish them though! Mine were also oak! Please post a photo when you’re done!

DH and I just installed a floating floor in all the upstairs rooms, so we are in home remodel mode!
IMG_20220730_081358643.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH and I just installed a floating floor in all the upstairs rooms, so we are in home remodel mode!
IMG_20220730_081358643.jpg

Your room looks gorgeous! I LOVE the floors!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so handy. I had my oak steps redone, but I didn't do it myself. I actually never considered it. Buying the tools would probably have cost more than paying someone to do it. But they are nice! I much prefer the wooden stairs to anything covered in carpet.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so handy. I had my oak steps redone, but I didn't do it myself. I actually never considered it. Buying the tools would probably have cost more than paying someone to do it. But they are nice! I much prefer the wooden stairs to anything covered in carpet.

Yeah, I love them already.
I refinished the steps in a house I lived in many years ago, so I am familiar with what I need to do. I'm not saying it will be a professional job, but I'll do my best!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I love them already.
I refinished the steps in a house I lived in many years ago, so I am familiar with what I need to do. I'm not saying it will be a professional job, but I'll do my best!

Are you going to use oil or water based finish?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you going to use oil or water based finish?

Last time after staining, I used polyurethane, which cleans up with mineral spirits. I really hate the clean up, though.
Do you recommend water based finish?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not sure, but I think mine had poly put on them and it was 2005 and they don't show any wear, if that helps. Is there water based poly?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
not sure, but I think mine had poly put on them and it was 2005 and they don't show any wear, if that helps. Is there water based poly?

Apparently so! I've just been doing some research and water based might be the product I'll use. Less smell, faster drying time, same durability. Sounds like a winner!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Surprise! Oak treads!

You go girl!!:D

You and your DH did a wonderful job on the floor BTW!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Went to Costco today and they still have summer stuff out, Halloween costumes and decor, and some Christmas stuff… seems a tad early for Christmas at least.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results