carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1341828987|3230920 said:
I guess i won't be very popular around here after posting this but i just have to say it...How come ALL the people who own SI2 diamonds and post here about them, claim that they are eye clean? I don't remember reading a thread about an SI2 diamond without seeing the "eye clean" comment inside a parenthesis. I don't doubt that there are some (very few) eye clean SI2's out there, but it seems that this rare species is found around these parts in great numbers... :rolleyes:
Alright, go ahead, shoot me now... :devil:

Haha I've questioned the same things and I *am* one of those people! I think it really depends on where you get the stone. When a vendor like WF or GOG or BGD or HPD advertises a branded SI2 as eyeclean by whatever in-house definition I don't question it. I definitely agree that eyeclean SI2s on the virtual inventory are needles in the haystack though! Given how many opportunities tradepeople have to pick off the good ones before they get in front of the customer.

I currently have a 2.7 SI2 that is *not* eyeclean. The main (visible) inclusions are prongable, and when it's set properly it looks clean, and for me, that's all I care about. It's why I'm such a PITA w/ vendors about orienting it a certain way! It took two vendors pulling stones to find it and it was priced more like an SI1 but at the time there weren't any others with the proportions I wanted.. and honestly I doubted an SI1 w/ table inclusions or something would be clean once set anyway, so better the devil (or girdle-inclusions) you know, y'know? My old stone was a 2ct SI2 that really, honestly was eyeclean by my definition (clean at 5-6" face-up). It was also from the virtual inventory. But it had odd proportions, very high crown & shallow pav, and it was a GIA VG b/c of "thick" girdle, and I suspect that's why it made it so far - if it had been a GIA EX I'm certain it'd have been snatched up much earlier on the assembly line.

I would never advise a new customer to buy an SI2 over 1ct on the virtual inventory - way too much hassle with way too low odds off success!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
isaku5|1341414907|3228495 said:
A great big THANKS to all who responded to my breast cancer announcement. For all the ****DUST**** and well wishes, MORE THANKS.

After much thought, conversations with family and research, I decided not to go any further. I'm not by nature 'a quitter', but there wasn't one cell in my brain that wanted to move forward. Over the last 27 years, I have undergone more tests and procedures than anyone needs in a lifetime. I've been poked, prodded and pushed to my limit. The final diagnosis was the last straw The journey ahead is too long and painful any way I looked at it.

I've had a wonderful life, raised exceptional children and motivated one grandchild to realize her vast potential. I've also had a fabulous husband who has stood by my side for 49 years. :love:

I'll still pop in to PS when I feel up to it. :wavey:
Isaku, I just saw your post today. I am so sorry to hear about you diagnosis. You are incredibly strong and brave, and I hope you have many more wonderful momente with your husband, children and grandchildren. I will be thinking of you, praying and sending dust.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1341857108|3231088 said:
Ohhhh Haven interspecies cuddles really are the best!!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that when we get a dog it'll cuddle w/ the cats like that ::) My parents' cat (the one in my av) quite clearly loathes their dog but he's rather a hateful cat in general, so...

Your bed *is* going to be cozy!! We've evicted ours from the bedroom - a couple of weeks ago I woke to Mina guarding a toad on the duvet by my feet, and Alex likes playing with jingly balls at 5am. No idea how he keeps time so well or where he keeps finding the darned things!

Gotta ask - did DH mention his extra luggage to you at any point before walking in the door? I can just *see* it, somehow! :bigsmile:

Enerchi so just how many did you come home with? All the kids' fault, of course :cheeky:

Ack, no! I am staying far, far away from all shelters. I have no self control and DH isn't much better. And... we really just don't have the time to introduce and train a puppy, and the cats have finally adjusted to moving and adding a new one...

Ande - they are!!

Missy - Country?? Horses!!! And the dogs of course! TBH I think dogs should go in pairs, even more than cats - they always do so well with playmates :bigsmile: But.. if you don't want horses.. we've got llamas and alpacas for sale down the street. I'm just waiting for the 20% off sale :devil:

I love horses Yssie!! In fact, growing up we used to go riding in Brooklyn at stables not too far from where my parents still live. But I do not think I could get my dh to for horses LOL- our beach house doesn't have that much land unfortunately! I absolutely agree that animals need each other for companionship. We aren't the end all be all for them- cats and dogs for sure. Even when I had guinea pigs I made sure to have a couple. Therein lies the rub- my dh was sort of getting used to the idea of adopting a rescue dog when we retire (far future) but now he is not too happy with the idea of adopting 2 :o . But I'll be gentle and hopefully he'll get used to that idea as well. :devil:

Btw, be careful of those llamas- they can spit a far distance! :bigsmile:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1341859983|3231108 said:
isaku5|1341414907|3228495 said:
A great big THANKS to all who responded to my breast cancer announcement. For all the ****DUST**** and well wishes, MORE THANKS.

After much thought, conversations with family and research, I decided not to go any further. I'm not by nature 'a quitter', but there wasn't one cell in my brain that wanted to move forward. Over the last 27 years, I have undergone more tests and procedures than anyone needs in a lifetime. I've been poked, prodded and pushed to my limit. The final diagnosis was the last straw The journey ahead is too long and painful any way I looked at it.

I've had a wonderful life, raised exceptional children and motivated one grandchild to realize her vast potential. I've also had a fabulous husband who has stood by my side for 49 years. :love:

I'll still pop in to PS when I feel up to it. :wavey:
Isaku, I just saw your post today. I am so sorry to hear about you diagnosis. You are incredibly strong and brave, and I hope you have many more wonderful momente with your husband, children and grandchildren. I will be thinking of you, praying and sending dust.

Isaku,

You are in my thoughts. I wish you many happy memories with your husband and family. Enjoy every moment of every day. You are a wonderful, strong woman!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi so just how many did you come home with? All the kids' fault, of course

Yssie, it was totally the kids fault! They should not have been driving at such a young age! Thankfully, those crazy kids only came home with 1 puppy... we tried to do everything in 3's... !!! (but we did have 3 dogs for the longest time)

We started with the said 'oh, look! a puppy!' mini schnauzer/added our airedale then a 2nd mini schnauzer; original dog crossed the rainbow bridge so we then added a retired racing greyhound x 6 months but he had to be rehomed due to not being able to adjust well and attacking both the other dogs (yah - not your typical greyhound but his 'low prey' assessment turned out to be quite high after all, and he'd go after the other two dogs regularly) After he left, we got our lab but the 2nd mini schnauzer found it too traumatic being in a dog herd of 3 and was so afraid this dog would attack her like the greyhound did, so we found a fantastic family where she could be the only dog - and she's happy as a clam and we get regular updates!

That's how our doggie household came to be!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy - I have lovely memories of riding growing up too ::) But yes, I can see how a beach house (even one as beautiful as yours, if I am remembering my pictures correctly!) wouldn't really be the place for a horse :bigsmile:

As for DH... oh, I am confident that he'll see the wisdom in your words. Eventually. :devil:

If I came home with a llama I think my DH would never let me out unattended again, which is actually quite an effective deterrent :halo: but we're going to visit the farm this weekend just for fun!

Enerchi - LOL! 'Oh look a puppy!' indeed :bigsmile:
I'm glad you were able to re-home for your schnauzer, the poor thing - that sounds like a really stressful situation for everyone! So now you have two, right?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just 2 dogs at this point... :wink2:

p1050923.jpg

img_0367.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi--Look at your pups! What sweethearts!

Yssie--Oh, DH would have been in all sorts of trouble had he just come home with that extra carry-on. (And by trouble I mean that would have been a sign to me that I have a free pass to bring whomever home that I please! We would have had a zoo in no time.) No, I knew we were the soon-to-be proud parents of an Shih Tzu because he started sending me videos and pictures of him within an hour of landing in NY. At first they were titled "Aunt Ellen's awesome dog!" and after some time they came with titles like, "Can you believe he's going to be homeless?" and "Someone is going to be very lucky to get this guy."

Yeah, I knew *we* were the *someone* to whom he was referring. :cheeky:

It's funny, because I'm the one everyone thinks is the huge sucker for furbabies, but I've never come home from a funeral with a new pet!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that whole story, Haven! Coming home from a funeral with a pet - I must admit my dark humour made me think... "do they give goodie party bags at funerals now??!!" Seriously warped thinking... !

But I love the series of prep texts he started to send you! Clever man.... ;))

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, he thinks he was clever. But I knew what he was up to with the first video. I sent a text to my sister that said, "Oh sh*t. Howie's coming home from NY with a dog." :cheeky: Of course, I was THRILLED to have another dog, and this guy came home and took up a whole lot of space in my heart immediately.

He makes this face a lot. We always say, "Willie disapproves" when he looks at us like this.
williedisapproves.jpg
He fit right in with his new brothers and sister. I woke up and found him intertwined with our kitty Manny one morning.
(Sorry for the crappy photo, I took this one with my Blackberry.)
brothers_.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
AAAAaawwwww!!!!! Melts your heart when you look at that face!!! SOOOO precious!! Well, Howie did very well bringing you a goodie bag back :lol: He's so sweet - and I love how he 'blends in' with your kitty!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, he does blend in well, doesn't he? His newest thing is to bury his head in Manny's bottom when we're all lounging on the sofa together. I think he likes feeling tucked away. :bigsmile:
img_2613.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1341968334|3232041 said:
Haha, he does blend in well, doesn't he? His newest thing is to bury his head in Manny's bottom when we're all lounging on the sofa together. I think he likes feeling tucked away. :bigsmile:

OMG. And Manny allows this??
:-o :bigsmile:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think he quite likes it! :bigsmile: :-o
As I said, our pets are all super close. :cheeky:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::snort::

justginger

Ideal_Rock
A doggy bag from a funeral? Best possible outcome. ::)

One time I went to pick up a mother cat from our local 'must accept all animals and then put them to sleep in lots of 60/day' cat shelter. It was the first time I had ever been in the back room. The room where there are cats in crates, stacked almost to the ceiling, with Post-Its on them saying, "Euth Me." ;( :nono: ;(

I walked out with 13 cats. :saint: DH was stunned. :lol: All went to loving homes and in the matter of a week or so (except for my Leta, who I kept). I think it was karma paying me back for being willing to have such a crazy household - she got them new parents far faster than normal.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1341968334|3232041 said:
img_2613.jpg

Think Manny would eat some broccoli and beans? :Up_to_something: :naughty:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I guess i won't be very popular around here after posting this but i just have to say it...How come ALL the people who own SI2 diamonds and post here about them, claim that they are eye clean? I don't remember reading a thread about an SI2 diamond without seeing the "eye clean" comment inside a parenthesis. I don't doubt that there are some (very few) eye clean SI2's out there, but it seems that this rare species is found around these parts in great numbers... :rolleyes:

Naty, would you believe I have an eye-clean I-2?

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1341990144|3232210 said:

Hehehe Andelain!!! :razz: I guess, as others have said, it depends on the vision and the individual standards of each person. By the way, what is the grade setting inclusion of your I2 stone? 8)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will never think of Sally Field the same way again. I had a HORRIBLE dream with her in it, and even though I've been up for hours now, I can't shake it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi they are adorable :bigsmile: Your lab is such a handsome fellow! :love:

Haven - Hah! Yeah, that sounds about right ;-)

Haven|1341966963|3232022 said:
Enerchi--Look at your pups! What sweethearts!

Yssie--Oh, DH would have been in all sorts of trouble had he just come home with that extra carry-on. (And by trouble I mean that would have been a sign to me that I have a free pass to bring whomever home that I please! We would have had a zoo in no time.) No, I knew we were the soon-to-be proud parents of an Shih Tzu because he started sending me videos and pictures of him within an hour of landing in NY. At first they were titled "Aunt Ellen's awesome dog!" and after some time they came with titles like, "Can you believe he's going to be homeless?" and "Someone is going to be very lucky to get this guy."

Yeah, I knew *we* were the *someone* to whom he was referring. :cheeky:

It's funny, because I'm the one everyone thinks is the huge sucker for furbabies, but I've never come home from a funeral with a new pet!

Ginger - wow. On post-its, really? I volunteered at a no-kill shelter for a bit - I know that's not really representative of most shelters though, they'd routinely go to local kill-shelters and pick up the more adoptable cats. It sounds awful but... I also saw how strapped for money they were, they were already over-filled :sick: I can't imagine what I'd have done if I'd seen something like that. Either bawl or throw up, probably. I'm SO glad they all found good homes - Karma really was looking out for you!!

justginger|1341988730|3232201 said:
A doggy bag from a funeral? Best possible outcome. ::)

One time I went to pick up a mother cat from our local 'must accept all animals and then put them to sleep in lots of 60/day' cat shelter. It was the first time I had ever been in the back room. The room where there are cats in crates, stacked almost to the ceiling, with Post-Its on them saying, "Euth Me." ;( :nono: ;(

I walked out with 13 cats. :saint: DH was stunned. :lol: All went to loving homes and in the matter of a week or so (except for my Leta, who I kept). I think it was karma paying me back for being willing to have such a crazy household - she got them new parents far faster than normal.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
natyLad|1342001057|3232229 said:

Hehehe Andelain!!! :razz: I guess, as others have said, it depends on the vision and the individual standards of each person. By the way, what is the grade setting inclusion of your I2 stone? 8)

It has some crystals. BTW, it's not my eyes that judges it eye-clean, it's several. Younger, better eyes have all agreed. Someone at GIA just didn't get any the night before he graded it.

jbegpic.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1342064118|3232682 said:
natyLad|1342001057|3232229 said:

It has some crystals. BTW, it's not my eyes that judges it eye-clean, it's several. Younger, better eyes have all agreed. Someone at GIA just didn't get any the night before he graded it.

jbegpic.jpg

Andelain, your stone is AMAZING :o :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
natyLad|1342068584|3232704 said:

Thanks. It had better be something, it's an Eightstar. :cheeky: BTW, you should have seen Yssie's response the first time she saw it. I think she had to pick her jaw up off the floor when she saw the grading. :lol:

Want to see a more recent pic of it? It's the bottom one.

090710g.jpg

Pendant-OnLaundryBag.jpg

090710d%5B1%5D.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1342071855|3232719 said:
natyLad|1342068584|3232704 said:

Thanks. It had better be something, it's an Eightstar. :cheeky: BTW, you should have seen Yssie's response the first time she saw it. I think she had to pick her jaw up off the floor when she saw the grading. :lol:

Want to see a more recent pic of it? It's the bottom one.

090710g.jpg

Pendant-OnLaundryBag.jpg

090710d%5B1%5D.jpg

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
double post

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Okie_girl

Shiny_Rock
Yssie|1341857108|3231088 said:
Missy - Country?? Horses!!! And the dogs of course! TBH I think dogs should go in pairs, even more than cats - they always do so well with playmates :bigsmile: But.. if you don't want horses.. we've got llamas and alpacas for sale down the street. I'm just waiting for the 20% off sale :devil:

I want a miniature horse. That is all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results