shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
A great big THANKS to all who responded to my breast cancer announcement. For all the ****DUST**** and well wishes, MORE THANKS.

After much thought, conversations with family and research, I decided not to go any further. I'm not by nature 'a quitter', but there wasn't one cell in my brain that wanted to move forward. Over the last 27 years, I have undergone more tests and procedures than anyone needs in a lifetime. I've been poked, prodded and pushed to my limit. The final diagnosis was the last straw The journey ahead is too long and painful any way I looked at it.

I've had a wonderful life, raised exceptional children and motivated one grandchild to realize her vast potential. I've also had a fabulous husband who has stood by my side for 49 years. :love:

I'll still pop in to PS when I feel up to it. :wavey:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isaku - I'm fighting tears here. I recall this was one option you were considering, and your reasoning for it, and I'm sure you have researched it thoroughly - but seeing it in writing it's still a shocker, you know? It's not my place to question your decision or to try to talk you out of it... but believe me I'm having a hard time stifling that urge! I'll just say that do know someone who's undergoing chemo for pancreatic cancer and she's having virtually no side effects. I'll pray for peace and strength and wisdom for you (and your medical team) and that I hope you'll remain open to considering treatment if there is in fact a good option out there for you.

That said, I also remember reading, years ago, Gene Wilder's account of Gilda Radner's battle with cancer - I think I got the names right and I think it was called "Bunny." It was a battle royal and it was a battle to the end... and I recall feeling some sadness that it was a fight to the end with little time for peace and acceptance. Surely there's a middle ground available?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku, thinking of you!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Isaku, very sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and, like others, would like to convince you to reconsider, but it's not my place. God bless you.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku5... I am crying as I read your post. Please take the best possible care of yourself as you travel along this journey. Know that you are loved and cared about by many who don't even know you. I wish only the best of things for you, including a pain free time to share the joys of a life well lived.

Bless you Isaku5 :halo:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
isaku5|1341414907|3228495 said:
A great big THANKS to all who responded to my breast cancer announcement. For all the ****DUST**** and well wishes, MORE THANKS.

After much thought, conversations with family and research, I decided not to go any further. I'm not by nature 'a quitter', but there wasn't one cell in my brain that wanted to move forward. Over the last 27 years, I have undergone more tests and procedures than anyone needs in a lifetime. I've been poked, prodded and pushed to my limit. The final diagnosis was the last straw The journey ahead is too long and painful any way I looked at it.

I've had a wonderful life, raised exceptional children and motivated one grandchild to realize her vast potential. I've also had a fabulous husband who has stood by my side for 49 years. :love:

Strength and healing vibes across the miles...

kind regards--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isaku, I am thinking of you and keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
A great big THANKS to all who responded to my breast cancer announcement. For all the ****DUST**** and well wishes, MORE THANKS. After much thought, conversations with family and research, I decided not to go any further. I'm not by nature 'a quitter', but there wasn't one cell in my brain that wanted to move forward. Over the last 27 years, I have undergone more tests and procedures than anyone needs in a lifetime. I've been poked, prodded and pushed to my limit. The final diagnosis was the last straw The journey ahead is too long and painful any way I looked at it.I've had a wonderful life, raised exceptional children and motivated one grandchild to realize her vast potential. I've also had a fabulous husband who has stood by my side for 49 years. :love: I'll still pop in to PS when I feel up to it. :wavey:
Much love & support coming from me to you. FWIW, my mom's currently leaning toward having a double masectomy in September so she can host a previously-scheduled family vacation @ at beach house she rented in August. But she, too, has decided against the recommended chemo & possible radiation. I struggle w/it but that's nothing compared to being in the situation *yourself*. Take care & please let us know how you're doing. You're among friends here, for sure. xxoo. deco.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
isaku5|1340938438|3225681 said:
Today I learned that I have breast cancer :(sad
just saw this post... :(sad
Isaku, I'm so sorry to hear this news.lots of Hugs and prayers are being sent your way.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Isaku -

I'm so sad at your diagnosis, but admire and respect your decision. You're the only one who can know what is right for you, and you should always have the final say on what course of treatment is best for you, including when to stop. Sometimes, enough is enough. I wish you all the best.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Haven, I'm so sorry :(sad Tons and tons of hugs to you and DH.

Isaku - I am - horrified to hear of your diagnosis, but at the same time strangely content that you are at peace with your decision. I'll be praying for you and your family, and especially for your wonderful DH of 49 years.
::HUGS::

I feel a bit weird posting this, given what some of our fellow PSers are going through right now, but... my DH's best friend is beginning a very messy divorce. I don't know him well but it's a really wretched situation and DH is very worried for him. They got married a year before us to the day :sick:

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Isaku

I have you and yours in my thoughts. Look after yourself and know that you have people here who care for you. Someone to talk to regardless of the hour.

Sending love and dust across the oceans.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1341418569|3228537 said:
Isaku5... I am crying as I read your post. Please take the best possible care of yourself as you travel along this journey. Know that you are loved and cared about by many who don't even know you. I wish only the best of things for you, including a pain free time to share the joys of a life well lived.

Bless you Isaku5 :halo:
Enerchi said it much better than I can.
Isaku, I wish you all the best. I'm actually crying here, which I hope doesn't seem like a strange thing for a virtual stranger to do, but I am. I'll be thinking of you often.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

I'm so sorry to hear this. :((

As someone fighting it myself I can relate to the desire to stop fighting. I hope you're truly at peace with your choice, and I wish you nothing but the best.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Rant:

Why are all of the renters in this city so shifty? I bought a house and I move at the end of August. I'm currently in a rental and trying to get out of my lease 2 months early. The landlord is fine with it as long as I find somebody else to rent it. So far we've had 4 people fill out applications and several really bizarre people who didn't fill one out (ie we didn't bother giving an application to the 40 something couple who wanted the lease in the 16 year old daughter's name so they didn't have to show their credit reports).

Of the people who have filled out applications, 3 have been rejected for having abismal credit. The fourth had great credit, but when it came time to sign the lease he decided to move up the possession date to two weeks from now. He told the landlord he was a strong renter and to just get us out asap. Um...the landlord goes to our gym and used to work at the company I work for so we know a lot of people in common. He wasn't about to do a rushed eviction. He actually laughed at the guy and then called to tell us about how crazy it all was.

Now I'm in mega cleaning mode because we're showing the house again all day.

So frustrating.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always wanted a giant fluffy orange cat with a squished face.

DH decided he wanted kittens a few months before I moved out 4 years ago. I, of course, was fully on board. It was the wrong season but the shelter had a pair of black boys that looked perfect, so he went to visit them. They were terrified of him, but as it happened the shelter had brought in another slightly younger short-haired pair - one black and one tortie - just that morning and he sent me pics of these two climbing him and perching on his head & shoulders and it was love at first sight.

g_g_0.png

I vowed that our third cat would be a fluffy orange giant with a squished face, but we'd have to wait until we left our very small apartment to get it.

The next fall we happened on a little grey cat in the parking lot by the apt complex. It saw us and streaked off and we figured we wouldn't see it again. We saw it again the next day though, and I don't remember why DH had Ocean Whitefish in his pocket but he got it open just quickly enough to toss at it. We spent almost three weeks moving the can closer and closer to a carrier, and finally caught it, and what we'd been calling Otto turned out to be a very pregnant Mina in very poor health. They aborted and fixed her and we took her home to get her healthy enough to re-home... a month later, after admittedly very little effort on my part, noone wanted her and she got along fabulously with Garett and Gretta and we officially named her our third.

mina1_0.jpg

I vowed that our fourth cat would be a fluffy orange giant with a squished face, but we'd have to wait til we left our very small apartment to get it. Mina - shorthaired grey & white & pink-nosed tabby with a moustache - was just a fluke that kinda fell into our laps.

We moved. We bought a house. The fluffy orange giant with a squished face loomed. I went to visit family and DH went to PetSmart for litter, and they were having an adoption fair. He stopped to play with a little grey tuxedo kitten and sent me photos and reminded me that we had a house now with plenty of room for a fourth, and that a kitten would probably be easier on the other three than an adult like I wanted. I said no, we're still looking for fluffy and orange and squished-faced, but it couldn't hurt to visit... we came home with Alex. Who has since turned into a black and white tuxedo.

alex1_0.jpg

...I want a dog.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"A" dog, Yssie??? or do you have a little bit of trouble with boundaries and limits??? :naughty: :Up_to_something: :naughty:

( :lol: )

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1341757584|3230477 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"A" dog, Yssie??? or do you have a little bit of trouble with boundaries and limits??? :naughty: :Up_to_something: :naughty:

( :lol: )

Good point, Enerch1! :lol:

Great story, Yssie! :lol: And you got a lovely family out of it! :appl:

Does a search for new sparklies tend to follow the same arc? :naughty:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, Enerchi, VR ::) I do love them. It's just baffling how things worked out - not one of them is fluffy or particularly large or has any orange at all!

Yes, just "A" dog :bigsmile: Something large and squished-faced - there is a theme... Sadly it's probably not an option since you can't fly with them.

VR - Hah! I may have a lil' something coming from pearl paradise and a lil' something else from JbEG as consolation for another project getting pushed back :halo:
http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Jewelry/Loose-Diamonds/94ctw-Antique-Pear-Cut-Diamond/23967200_bmTQjd#!i=1945065407&k=mtdRVP9

DH's reply: at least I don't have to scoop after your stones. (Conveniently forgetting that I do most of that!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Yssie, I know how we feel. And I really think you should get a dog! They're wonderful. Our two dogs get along really well with our three cats. (See--I told you I know how you feel! :cheeky: )

We have an even larger menagerie for the next week and a half while my mom is in Germany. Her 90 lb lab mix is staying with us, too. Our bed is going to be SO COZY tonight. :bigsmile:

Inter-species cuddles are the best:
img_0541.jpg
Closeup!
img_0544.jpg

At the very least you should go check out the local shelter. You know, just to see who's there and whether you bond with anyone. It's not like you'll actually bring a pup home after your first visit. :devil:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1341794498|3230775 said:
It's not like you'll actually bring a pup home after your first visit. :devil:

No. No one ever does that. That would be just too unlikely to happen... :roll:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1341794668|3230779 said:
Of course not! I mean, I've certainly NEVER gone to a shelter with the intention of *just looking* and walked out with a cat. Or two. And I've *never* done that with a dog, either. That would just be crazy.

Just like my husband has never flown to NYC for a funeral and come home with an extra carry-on with his aunt's abandoned Shih Tzu inside of it. He would never do something like that. He is far too reasonable for that sort of thing.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1341795123|3230782 said:
Enerchi|1341794668|3230779 said:
Of course not! I mean, I've certainly NEVER gone to a shelter with the intention of *just looking* and walked out with a cat. Or two. And I've *never* done that with a dog, either. That would just be crazy.

Just like my husband has never flown to NYC for a funeral and come home with an extra carry-on with his aunt's abandoned Shih Tzu inside of it. He would never do something like that. He is far too reasonable for that sort of thing.

OMG!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG!!! toooooo funny!!!!

Yeah, I couldn't imagine going to look at a puppy with the clear instructions to all 3 small kids in the car, "NO! we are just looking at what a dog looks like up close - we are NOT bringing it home!!" I couldn't imagine what that would be like, 14 years ago... nope, not at all :Up_to_something:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Yssie, your kitties are so pretty! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess i won't be very popular around here after posting this but i just have to say it...How come ALL the people who own SI2 diamonds and post here about them, claim that they are eye clean? I don't remember reading a thread about an SI2 diamond without seeing the "eye clean" comment inside a parenthesis. I don't doubt that there are some (very few) eye clean SI2's out there, but it seems that this rare species is found around these parts in great numbers... :rolleyes:
Alright, go ahead, shoot me now... :devil:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, your kitties are precious! And I hear you about wanting a dog (or two) because I want dogs as well!! I love my kitties and wouldn't trade them for dogs ever but I want them in addition! :bigsmile: Of course my dh is not on board as it will mean a lot of extra work especially with going between 2 homes. We cannot fit any more animals in our car LOL. But once we are retired and hopefully in one home well, all bets are off then and I am adopting 2 rescue dogs for sure!!!!!!!! Especially if I am going to be in the suburbs full time!!

Naty, I have thought the same thing. But it could be that PSers are savvy and ingenious and persistent in their eyeclean SI2 search and they actually end up with that rare eyeclean SI2. Or it could be that some of them don't have as good vision as others. :cheeky: In any case it's all good as long as they're happy with their purchase! :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1341828987|3230920 said:
I guess i won't be very popular around here after posting this but i just have to say it...How come ALL the people who own SI2 diamonds and post here about them, claim that they are eye clean? I don't remember reading a thread about an SI2 diamond without seeing the "eye clean" comment inside a parenthesis. I don't doubt that there are some (very few) eye clean SI2's out there, but it seems that this rare species is found around these parts in great numbers... :rolleyes:
Alright, go ahead, shoot me now... :devil:

Hey natyLad - there's a question waiting for you over in SMTB!

As to your question - what Missy said - and its possible that they're picking such well-cut stones that the light return obscures the inclusions!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy and VR beauty: Good points ladies ;))
VR beauty: In which thread is the question that's waiting for me? I can't locate it!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh Haven interspecies cuddles really are the best!!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that when we get a dog it'll cuddle w/ the cats like that ::) My parents' cat (the one in my av) quite clearly loathes their dog but he's rather a hateful cat in general, so...

Your bed *is* going to be cozy!! We've evicted ours from the bedroom - a couple of weeks ago I woke to Mina guarding a toad on the duvet by my feet, and Alex likes playing with jingly balls at 5am. No idea how he keeps time so well or where he keeps finding the darned things!

Gotta ask - did DH mention his extra luggage to you at any point before walking in the door? I can just *see* it, somehow! :bigsmile:

Enerchi so just how many did you come home with? All the kids' fault, of course :cheeky:

Ack, no! I am staying far, far away from all shelters. I have no self control and DH isn't much better. And... we really just don't have the time to introduce and train a puppy, and the cats have finally adjusted to moving and adding a new one...

Ande - they are!!

Missy - Country?? Horses!!! And the dogs of course! TBH I think dogs should go in pairs, even more than cats - they always do so well with playmates :bigsmile: But.. if you don't want horses.. we've got llamas and alpacas for sale down the street. I'm just waiting for the 20% off sale :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results