shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Dear Yoga DVD: Why did I think that I could do this? I am not a human pretzel and probably never will be. Some poses I cannot do due to my fatness. ;(

Where's the Coffee cake?!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
April20|1300284984|2873137 said:
My ILs just bought a 1000 sf condo in a high end area of Atlanta for $67K! I've always been pretty anti-condo in ATL due to the mass overstock on the market and their difficulty to sell here. However, I might have to reconsider my stance if we could get that kind of deal!

What are their HOA fees? We're looking at condos right now and in the two complexes we like, the HOA are $250 a month!!! But, luckily that includes water/garbage...but still.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Missy, I'm so sorry to hear about all of the house stress! Having 2 closings back-to-back like that when they don't start until 1 and close at 5 sounds really tough. I just want to wish you tons of luck!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
MC|1300290651|2873203 said:
My ILs just bought a 1000 sf condo in a high end area of Atlanta for $67K! I've always been pretty anti-condo in ATL due to the mass overstock on the market and their difficulty to sell here. However, I might have to reconsider my stance if we could get that kind of deal!

What are their HOA fees? We're looking at condos right now and in the two complexes we like, the HOA are $250 a month!!! But, luckily that includes water/garbage...but still.

Wow, I wish I lived where you ladies live! Can't buy condos here under $250k. Our condo fees are $340 and that's on the low end compared to other buildings we looked at!

Time to relocate.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewEnglandLady|1300291003|2873207 said:
Missy, I'm so sorry to hear about all of the house stress! Having 2 closings back-to-back like that when they don't start until 1 and close at 5 sounds really tough. I just want to wish you tons of luck!

Thank you so much NEL. I really appreciate your kind wishes. Much appreciated! And thank you also laughingravy.

I feel guilty even complaining when there is so much real angst and tragedy going on in the world but it does help me to vent. So thank you. Perspective always helps too.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1300294663|2873246 said:

Wow, I wish I lived where you ladies live! Can't buy condos here under $250k. Our condo fees are $340 and that's on the low end compared to other buildings we looked at!

Time to relocate.

$340 is crazy!

We were looking at the same ones two years ago and they've lost over $100K in value! These are in the suburb, though, not in the city. We can't find decent for nearly that low of a price closer anywhere closer into the city.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - A nervous breakdown would be totally warranted under those circumstances! I can't offer anything except hope that the pieces will all fall into place in time - and of course loads of PS dust!

Hang in there!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1300305930|2873420 said:
Missy - A nervous breakdown would be totally warranted under those circumstances! I can't offer anything except hope that the pieces will all fall into place in time - and of course loads of PS dust!

Hang in there!

Thank you VR! I really appreciate all the dust you can spare.

The fun continues...the buyers of our house are now trying to change the terms of the contract and even their attorney told our attorney that they are crazy. I cannot shake this anxious feeling I have. At this point I am ready to walk because of their unreasonable terms. However my DH is trying to make it work. I can't help but think that they will end up (pardon the language ) screwing us at the closing! I would hate to have the whole deal disintegrate then!

On a positive note the sellers of the house we are (hopefully ) buying are lovely people. If they weren't moving to Ohio we would definitely be friends. Very cool.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl|1300294663|2873246 said:

Time to relocate.
We own a condo in CT (as a rental property) and the condo fees just jumped to over $500/month. I can feel your pain!!!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to say that since I found pricescope, I have been spending more time here looking at gorgeous bling and reading about complete strangers than I do on facebook communicating with my friends and family. Pricescope is addicting---and I have SOOOOOO caught the BLING BUG!

I LOVE it here :D

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Ibbaber - YAY! Glad you are here!

I am the greenest person I know on St. Patrick's day.

My friend's mom called her from Japan last night. I'm soooooo happy!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
missy|1300307141|2873432 said:

Hang in there!

The fun continues...the buyers of our house are now trying to change the terms of the contract and even their attorney told our attorney that they are crazy. I cannot shake this anxious feeling I have. At this point I am ready to walk because of their unreasonable terms. However my DH is trying to make it work. I can't help but think that they will end up (pardon the language ) screwing us at the closing! I would hate to have the whole deal disintegrate then!

On a positive note the sellers of the house we are (hopefully ) buying are lovely people. If they weren't moving to Ohio we would definitely be friends. Very cool.

Missy, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I feel like this closing alone might take 4+ hours. I would definitely want to put together some sort of backup plan in case the first closing takes so long that you can't make it to your second closing...just in case. Wishing you tons of luck!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NewEnglandLady|1300373397|2873957 said:
missy|1300307141|2873432 said:

Hang in there!

Missy, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. I feel like this closing alone might take 4+ hours. I would definitely want to put together some sort of backup plan in case the first closing takes so long that you can't make it to your second closing...just in case. Wishing you tons of luck!

Thank you NEL. That is good advice though right now as we have not heard back from the buyers attorney I am not sure there will be a closing :((

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lbbaber|1300370304|2873916 said:
... Pricescope is addicting---and I have SOOOOOO caught the BLING BUG!

I LOVE it here :D

:wavey:

It's happened to the best of us! :bigsmile:

ETA 200 pages of random comments! YAY!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
This day last year I was in Dublin on vacay having a awesome day (best vacation ever), today I drove dh to work and back x2, trucks in the shop :nono: grocery shopped, did a bunch of inservice stuff for work on line on my day off :nono: cleaned the kitchen, did laundry , made supper and I should be cleaning more and filling out job apps, this makes me sad :(sad So I am going to eat some jelly beans and lurk on ps to cheer myself up :wavey: (I just wanted to be on the 200th page of random comments) =)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo for 200 pages!

My dog is the biggest drama queen ever. She got a shot yesterday, so last night she'd come to be held, and would yelp every time I picked her up even without me touching any spots close to where her shot was :rolleyes: . Then she'd keep her little head as close to my face as possible so I'd kiss her ears. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But she was just fine to jump out of the bed at 4 AM to go outside. :nono:

I'm such a sucker.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...um, I'm almost out of diet coke and need to run to the store. My dh reads me pages of all the ways I'm going to die because of asperatame toxicity, so there is a chance I may have to start hiding my pop in my bedroom closet like an addict would do. My kids now are in on this cause. WTF. It's Diet coke, man, not diet crack.

So, yes, I will buy some green tea and leave packets all over the house to throw them off the trail.

April20

Ideal_Rock
DH just had to drag the barstools I bought on Overstock.com up the stairs into our loft. He grumbled something about two clicks for me being work for him. Oh well!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MC|1300464958|2874658 said:
Hmmm...um, I'm almost out of diet coke and need to run to the store. My dh reads me pages of all the ways I'm going to die because of asperatame toxicity, so there is a chance I may have to start hiding my pop in my bedroom closet like an addict would do. My kids now are in on this cause. WTF. It's Diet coke, man, not diet crack.

So, yes, I will buy some green tea and leave packets all over the house to throw them off the trail.

If you're considering hiding it like an addict, then yes, it is Diet Crack.

April20

Ideal_Rock

MC, I think it's around $250 and am not sure what it includes. They were originally going to move to Florida but the HOAs were thru the roof- like $500+ so they bagged it. $250 seems like a deal in comparison!

princesss

Ideal_Rock

Bahahahahahaha. I'm totally picturing you like Claudia from the Babysitters Club, with stashes all around your house.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1300473396|2874752 said:

Bahahahahahaha. I'm totally picturing you like Claudia from the Babysitters Club, with stashes all around your house.

I remember buying sweets and hiding them around my room thinking I'd be like her, and then about five minutes later going back around and digging them out to eat. They never lasted long unfortunately!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1300473396|2874752 said:

Actually, it's not the junk food which is an issue. We have a serious cracker/cereal situation. When certain brands go on sale, I stock up - buying huge quantities of all the stuff that's normally insanely priced and if I stick ALL the stuff in the pantry, the kids and husband go nuts and open up every single box, eat half and then forget about whatever food it happens to be and then open another and within a few days, we have 10 boxes of stale cereal and five boxes of soggy crackers...so as a result, I have to dole out that stuff....limit to three boxes of open cereal at one time...same w/crackers. The rest is put elsewhere ;-) lol .... so as a result, if anyone opens a non-food-related closet, piles of Triscuits and Koala Krisps cereal fall out on his/her head.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SanDiegoLady|1300567376|2875417 said:
After my mini-hiatus.. I am happy to be posting here & there again.. And, I am now, more than ever, wanting to reset my diamond or upgrade into the Grace solitaire. Its a horrible/wonderful current obsession.. :devil: Sadly, other things are taking priority.. bah. lol

I was glad to see you posting again, too! And I love your new siggy line.

BTW do you still have your eyes on that vintage diamond in the frugly setting?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm really happy to see you back, SDL!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to do some major spring cleaning but I can't get motivated to begin. Help! What motivates you? I've tried picturing the final result and how happy I'll be once it's done, but that's not working. ugh.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SanDiegoLady said:
After my mini-hiatus.. I am happy to be posting here & there again.. And, I am now, more than ever, wanting to reset my diamond or upgrade into the Grace solitaire. Its a horrible/wonderful current obsession.. :devil: Sadly, other things are taking priority.. bah. lol

welcome back SDL.. you have been missed.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They had my all-time favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor - creme brulee - at the grocery store tonight. It rarely comes around, so I couldn't very well pass it up... could I? :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1300595340|2875624 said:
They had my all-time favorite Ben and Jerry's flavor - creme brulee - at the grocery store tonight. It rarely comes around, so I couldn't very well pass it up... could I? :bigsmile:

Well, obviously not ::)

I want hot chocolate.
Now.
And not the fako SwissMiss goop.
But it's raining and the car is ooo.
:(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results