carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
meresal|1297892441|2853367 said:
Thanks for the feedback ladies. You guys are hilarious. Very glad to know that I am not in this boat alone.

Jennifer, did you really have to deal with something very similar? I am not good at putting my emotions into words, would you mind telling me what you said in your letter. I will be putting one in the mail this afternoon.

Yes. I got a letter addressed to DH asking if 'we' were happy with the work done on my car after a break down a few weeks ago. I was livid, because I've used that garage for ten years, DH has been in once to drop off my car for some work when I was on a trip and must have given his details. Suddenly, a customer of ten years has been reduced to a sideshow, while they work on the real deal - a man who might buy a new car... or whatever logic led to them writing to J about work I paid for on the car I bought. Further, when I went to collect the damned thing, the new receptionist wasn't going to let me have it, because my husband's name is Mitchell and mine is not. Again, I've been a customer for ten years, he's been in there once. His details were written over mine on their database. May just be coincidence and / or ineptitude, but angry doesn't start to cover it.

I wrote back:

Dear Mr X

I'm writing on behalf of my wife Ms W, to let you know that her car was repaired and serviced adequately, as per your inquiry. I'm not sure why you couldn't ask her directly, but if you need to use me as an intermediary, I will be happy to act in that capacity. My professional time is charged at £290 +VAT per hour.

Yours sincerely

Mr Mitchell

ETA which I realise may not be quite the intelligent, grown up and rational tone you're aiming for. It did rattle their cages though, so it worked to that extent. I got a voucher for free stuff by way of apology.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1297913086|2853637 said:
Autumnovember|1297909780|2853592 said:
Kaleigh|1297890878|2853350 said:
It's been fun celebrating Husbands 50th birthday. Husbands is the 15th, and my brothers is today. Very bitter sweet. For those that don't know , my brother died many years ago. But I miss him like crazy, he was my only sibling. I wonder if birthday wishes get to heaven?? He would be 55 today. Just having a moment, it will pass....

Of course they get to heaven :halo: A friend of mine passed away when we were 17, every year on his birthday I go and visit him and bring a balloon with me and let it go in the air (sorry for the air pollution) for him.

I bought hubby balloons, so maybe will take them and release them tomorrow. I know he wouldn't mind. It's so hard being soooooo happy for my husband, but the next day I am just so sad missing my brother... I doubt my parents even know today is his birthday... I can't deal with that...

Anyway, thanks. Moving on to thinking of happy times with him. He gave me more joy than anyone... I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. He taught me a lot. He gave me strength to carry on after he died.

I wrote a poem for an Aids Alive Gala....

My brother was a magician..

The pic was of him smiling , with a dove about to fly.. The pic is to the right, the poem to the left....

Like the wings of your doves,
I like knowing you're shining down on us from above,
You'll always be a part of me
It's your magic I'll always see

And as I reminisce
You're the one I truly miss.

As your spirit burns bright,
Please know you're still my guiding light..

Your loving sister,
Lisa **************

That's a lovely and loving poem, Lisa.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's been fun celebrating Husbands 50th birthday. Husbands is the 15th, and my brothers is today. Very bitter sweet. For those that don't know , my brother died many years ago. But I miss him like crazy, he was my only sibling. I wonder if birthday wishes get to heaven?? He would be 55 today. Just having a moment, it will pass....

Of course they get to heaven :halo: A friend of mine passed away when we were 17, every year on his birthday I go and visit him and bring a balloon with me and let it go in the air (sorry for the air pollution) for him.

I bought hubby balloons, so maybe will take them and release them tomorrow. I know he wouldn't mind. It's so hard being soooooo happy for my husband, but the next day I am just so sad missing my brother... I doubt my parents even know today is his birthday... I can't deal with that...

Anyway, thanks. Moving on to thinking of happy times with him. He gave me more joy than anyone... I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. He taught me a lot. He gave me strength to carry on after he died.

The pic was of him smiling , with a dove about to fly.. The pic is to the right, the poem to the left....

And as I reminisce

Your loving sister,
Lisa **************

Ah Lisa, now you've got me crying...what a beautiful poem, such a lovely way to memorialize your precious brother. You must miss him terribly. I hope your memories bring you comfort, and I'm so sorry for your loss, (((hugs))) to you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charlie Sheen -- what a mess! :nono:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I love cold calling. Not.

junebug17 said:

And as I reminisce

Your loving sister,
Lisa **************

Ah Lisa, now you've got me crying...what a beautiful poem, such a lovely way to memorialize your precious brother. You must miss him terribly. I hope your memories bring you comfort, and I'm so sorry for your loss, (((hugs))) to you.

Kaleigh, of course birthday wishes get to heaven!

I work for an NGO that focuses on people affected by and infected with HIV and Aids and in the short time that I have been here (2 years) we have lost so many clients... Sometimes it really gets me down.

At the moment we are providing support for twins who lost their mother to Aids when they were very young. They have no memory of her, but every year on her birthday, they light a candle in remembrance of her. I don't believe in God, I don't believe in religion...

But I refuse to believe that their mother is unaware of this.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another snow day today. This is our 6th for the year. :nono:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1298639252|2859158 said:

UGH - Luckily my kids do have school today. They had monday off for the holiday and then the snow started coming down on Tues. They've been practically home schooled all week - which is scary. They've learned practical life-skills that will aid them in their future, such as which stores have the best deals on granola bars and Jiffy Muffins and how many packages of Top Ramen fit in our medium-size pasta pan.

They also now can say, "shut the hell up," to our neighbors dog in five different languages.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lisa - That was beautiful!

Somehow my truck got diesel in the fuel. I'm not a happy camper. It's with the mechanic now. Please let my truck be ok, it's my baby!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm going to post only in Pig Latin for now on.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Using the emergency room computer to check your personal e-mail? Are you kidding? :nono:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1298645117|2859225 said:

UGH - Luckily my kids do have school today. They had monday off for the holiday and then the snow started coming down on Tues. They've been practically home schooled all week - which is scary. They've learned practical life-skills that will aid them in their future, such as which stores have the best deals on granola bars and Jiffy Muffins and how many packages of Top Ramen fit in our medium-size pasta pan.

They also now can say, "shut the hell up," to our neighbors dog in five different languages.

Do your kids get a Feb. vacation? We're off next week, so today was a bonus day.

Your boys are quite talented! :bigsmile:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1298652468|2859301 said:
Using the emergency room computer to check your personal e-mail? Are you kidding? :nono:
adbay.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC|1298652640|2859304 said:
Zoe|1298652468|2859301 said:
adbay.
:bigsmile: pig Latin...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1298652635|2859303 said:

Do your kids get a Feb. vacation? We're off next week, so today was a bonus day.

Okay typing this answer in pig latin:

interway reakbay. astlay eekendway.

A couple language examples:

Dog shut up in Russian: собака замолчала

spanish: perro tonto calma

Oh, and top ramen is awesome:
ramen arriba es impresionante

Now they're ready for Harvard! ;-)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
iPad is driving me nuts. According to my husband, it is not the iPad, it is me!

Sigh. My typing speed has gone from 68 wpm to 10 (at most).

Where is the damn submit button? Oh, it is under the keypad which is taking up half the screen. Who invents these things?

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
What do you get for watching music channels on cable in the wee hours of the morning?

Something inane like the song Rasputin stuck in your head.

I cannot get the main verse 'ra ra Rasputin, Russia's greatest love machine' out of my head :knockout:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Spent some time w/my FSIL this week and I must say..I am really happy to have her in my life! I'm glad my brother and she found each other. We have quite a bit in common and the kids are completely head over heels nuts about her. And, she asked me to go look at wedding dresses w/her-she has an appointment the end of March!! JD's going to watch the kids so we can have a girls day-I'm really excited!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
It's 11:35pm, my toes are frozen cold, about 10 degrees outside now make that 11:36 and I'm soooooooo bored. Maybe I'll channel my inner teenage and go find new ways to style my hair! :bigsmile:

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly also feels horrible about getting online the past week when Sparkly's hormones have been out of control. I should know better than to open my mouth during those times :nono:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1298653020|2859309 said:
Zoe|1298652635|2859303 said:

Okay typing this answer in pig latin:

interway reakbay. astlay eekendway.

A couple language examples:

Dog shut up in Russian: собака замолчала

spanish: perro tonto calma

Oh, and top ramen is awesome:
ramen arriba es impresionante

Now they're ready for Harvard! ;-)

If they need any help in Russian, Italian, Turkish or German, tell me. My older son speaks all of them. Where he learned Turkish is beyond my comprehension but he speaks pretty well.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't find my cats last night. After 45 minutes of searching I realized that they made a hole in the underside of my bed and managed to crawl up inside. Lovely.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1298850639|2860765 said:
I couldn't find my cats last night. After 45 minutes of searching I realized that they made a hole in the underside of my bed and managed to crawl up inside. Lovely.

Eek!

I just put in an offer on something shiny...I don't know if I'm nervous that the seller will reject it or accept it! Haha. On one hand, I would LOVE to own it, on the hand, eek that's a lot of money I could be spending elsewhere!

April20

Ideal_Rock
We made roated eggplant and cappicola ham to for dinner. It was so spicy I couldn't eat it! Sad. :((

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
WTF is up with James Franco? He's been given the chance of a lifetime to host an Oscar show and he totally blew it! Dude, what are you on?! Your glassy eyes were avoiding cameras, interviewers ( made a reference at passing "gas" in the green room"), and even your co-host! I am sorry to say this, your appearance was very cold and un-appealing!

(feel better now)

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Amethyste|1298905404|2861100 said:
WTF is up with James Franco? He's been given the chance of a lifetime to host an Oscar show and he totally blew it! Dude, what are you on?! Your glassy eyes were avoiding cameras, interviewers ( made a reference at passing "gas" in the green room"), and even your co-host! I am sorry to say this, your appearance was very cold and un-appealing!

(feel better now)

Ame, I totally agree with you.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I made pukkolla and it was yummy

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
crasru|1298847997|2860736 said:
If they need any help in Russian, Italian, Turkish or German, tell me. My older son speaks all of them. Where he learned Turkish is beyond my comprehension but he speaks pretty well.

Wow, that's cool. How old is he and how has he learned to speak all those languages? Has he listened to cds from the library?

My older son wanted to learn Latin and I tried the library and they didn't have anything and the woman I spoke with told me that she didn't think that Latin has ever been spoken out loud. lol

My thought, though, that if he's going to learn something, it should be practical and I had hoped to steer him toward Spanish b/c it's so commonly spoken around here, but he hasn't shown any interest. I'm interested in learning Russian, so maybe I could play cds in the car.

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
MC|1298913770|2861203 said:

Wow, that's cool. How old is he and how has he learned to speak all those languages? Has he listened to cds from the library?

My older son wanted to learn Latin and I tried the library and they didn't have anything and the woman I spoke with told me that she didn't think that Latin has ever been spoken out loud. lol

My thought, though, that if he's going to learn something, it should be practical and I had hoped to steer him toward Spanish b/c it's so commonly spoken around here, but he hasn't shown any interest. I'm interested in learning Russian, so maybe I could play cds in the car.

I learned Latin in HS for 5 years - it's pretty useless, but it did help me when I went to Medical School with word origins/roots etc...
I assume that anything really you try to learn is not wasted - it's good exercise for the brain :)

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
What do I get for trying to sing a Trill in one of my song last night... A tired throat today with plenty or singing left over for tonight. Great.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amethyste|1298914080|2861209 said:
MC|1298913770|2861203 said:

I learned Latin in HS for 5 years - it's pretty useless, but it did help me when I went to Medical School with word origins/roots etc...
I assume that anything really you try to learn is not wasted - it's good exercise for the brain :)

Yeah, seems like Latin would be a good base language. My son is 10, though, so I am not sure if he spent a few years learning that, he'd still have motivation to move onto a more common language. I would be absolutely THRILLED if he learned Spanish, but he must have been traumatized by watching Dora the Explorer when he was a toddler because he refuses to speak it! I found some jobs on CL that paid more for those with Spanish skills and tried to explain that to him, however, he's still in the mindset that mom will do his laundry when he's 25 so he doesn't need any income! Sigh. lol

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results