shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chemgirl -- I'm hoping your cousin's son pulls through. I often hate the local news media too. It's like they don't think before they speak. :knockout:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone seen the video of the 9 year old girl singing "She needs love"? Oh. My. Gawd. I bawled.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Cut my hair today in a short shag (like Lisa Rinna). DD hates my hair short, DH loves it. Now I don't know if I like it or not. :confused:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chemgirl, that poor boy! Prayers for recovery for him!

Getting my hair cut before I go back to work next Wednesday. Was going to wait until I'd lost more weight but whatever, I'm doing it anyway.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the kind comments.

The news program had my blood boiling earlier, but the parents are actually taking comfort in the prayers for their son, so something good did come out of it.

He's still in a coma, but is responding to stimulus so that's a good sign.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trekkie|1297754904|2852193 said:
I don't get paid enough to take this shit. :angryfire:

Oh, wait. I'm a volunteer. I don't get paid at all.

Oh no. Where are you volunteering? For three years, I volunteered and found it, at times, very stressful. Trying to coordinate others who sometimes flaked out.

I'm going to apply to help at the Humane Society next year and see how that goes!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, got friend request (on my personal FB page) from a girl in High School who was pure evil! She even tried to friend my DH and he doesn't even remember her. DH said she may have changed and I was told by another friend that she basically HAD TO because as an adult, none of the people she moved by would put up with her crap! lol

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1297823399|2852835 said:
Thanks for the kind comments.

The news program had my blood boiling earlier, but the parents are actually taking comfort in the prayers for their son, so something good did come out of it.

He's still in a coma, but is responding to stimulus so that's a good sign.

I'm sorry to hear about the accident -- and the thoughtless, insensitive "news" people :nono:

I hope your cousin's son recovers quickly and has a happy life ahead.

ETA:
When I was in middle school, one of the kids I'd been in class with since 1st grade rolled under and was crushed by a moving school bus (laying on a skate board... went down a little hill and into the road). His cousin was on that school bus. The driver had been driving the boy forever so she knew him too.
The "news" people were at the school "reporting" before even the teachers knew what had happened -- including "interviewing" kids :nono:
(He survived somehow and was able to walk (eventually) without assistance and finished HS as one of the top GPA's)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got an A on my calculus exam!!!

After failing the 1st exam, I REALLY needed this.

Just 1 exam & 1 final to go and then I'm done with this quarter!!!!!!
(Hopefully with an A!)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallelujah! I'm 99% finished with master bath face lift. Painted, installed cove crown molding, changed out all fixtures. Still have to install frame around mirror and new light fixtures. I bought a chandelier for over the jacuzzi. And, waiting for the art prints I ordered to arrive. I changed the sink fixtures myself. Not a good idea. Hired a plumber to do the shower and tub.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1297811577|2852704 said:
gemgirl|1297784319|2852307 said:
Zoe|1297721656|2851844 said:
Primary talk ALREADY? It's waaayyyyyy too soon.

I got an email about going to the convention last month. Didn't we just elect a new president? It feels like we just did.

It drives me nuts. My state holds the first primary, so it gets a lot of coverage around primary/election time. It's exciting but it starts too early, in my opinion.

The whole city down here is buzzing about the DNC. I'm not ready to talk about it yet. It's so far away, I don't want to be hearing about it/being invited to meetings celebrating it/protest rallies against it (depending on the political leaning of the friend inviting me) already!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I got a new car 2 weeks ago... However, ALL of the coprrespondence that is coming to the house from the dealership is made out to my husband.

"Dear Mr. Meresal, We hope you are enjoying your brand new car!"

It's not HIS car! It's MY car!

I understand that I am a VERY independent woman, and many people would call me borderline feminist... and this instance I am going to have to agree. This really pisses me off!

Why can't my name be first? The interest rate was based on my credit score for heaven sakes, not to mention I did all of the negotiating and the financing.
My husband was just there becuase he wanted to go on the test drive and was excited for me to get a new car.

Vent. Over.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
meresal|1297886979|2853292 said:
I got a new car 2 weeks ago... However, ALL of the coprrespondence that is coming to the house from the dealership is made out to my husband.

I understand that I am a VERY independent woman, and many people would call me borderline feminist... and this instance I am going to have to agree. This really pisses me off!

Why can't my name be first? The interest rate was based on my credit score for heaven sakes, not to mention I did all of the negotiating and the financing.
My husband was just there becuase he wanted to go on the test drive and was excited for me to get a new car.

Vent. Over.

Call them and ask them where your husband's new car is. Tell them it appears that they forgot to give him the keys to his car. That they only gave you the set to yours and you're expecting your Dh's car to be delivered this afternoon.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vent. Over.

Is the car registered to you?

In any event, try writing the dealership a letter -- short, succinct, and terse -- and of course, mention how your experience will influence future buying decisions.

See what happens.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
MC|1297888066|2853307 said:

Vent. Over.

Call them and ask them where your husband's new car is. Tell them it appears that they forgot to give him the keys to his car. That they only gave you the set to yours and you're expecting your Dh's car to be delivered this afternoon.

If they deliver a car, send it to my house. :lol: :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, I would write to them. I'm a rabid feminist, no borderline about it, and I had to deal with this last week, because it was either a tersely worded letter or assault. They were very apologetic and I got a voucher for a free oil and filter change. Least they could do. :angryfire:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's been fun celebrating Husbands 50th birthday. Husbands is the 15th, and my brothers is today. Very bitter sweet. For those that don't know , my brother died many years ago. But I miss him like crazy, he was my only sibling. I wonder if birthday wishes get to heaven?? He would be 55 today. Just having a moment, it will pass....

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh - I like to believe they do. ((HUGS))

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the feedback ladies. You guys are hilarious. Very glad to know that I am not in this boat alone.

Jennifer, did you really have to deal with something very similar? I am not good at putting my emotions into words, would you mind telling me what you said in your letter. I will be putting one in the mail this afternoon.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'd write:

Dear Mr. Still Lives Under A Rock,

I am confused about the correspondence coming to my house about my new car. You see, the car is mine, not Mr. Meresal's. My credit was used to finance it, I signed the papers, and the car is in my name. The only thing my husband did was hold my purse while I was test driving the vehicle. If you would really like to converse with him about his car, I suggest you go work for X dealer who sold it to him. If you would like to keep my business and loyalty in the future as Mr. Meresal's dealer has done, I suggest you send all further correspondence to the owner of the car.

Regards,
Meresal

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh|1297890878|2853350 said:
It's been fun celebrating Husbands 50th birthday. Husbands is the 15th, and my brothers is today. Very bitter sweet. For those that don't know , my brother died many years ago. But I miss him like crazy, he was my only sibling. I wonder if birthday wishes get to heaven?? He would be 55 today. Just having a moment, it will pass....

Of course they get to heaven :halo: A friend of mine passed away when we were 17, every year on his birthday I go and visit him and bring a balloon with me and let it go in the air (sorry for the air pollution) for him.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1297892441|2853367 said:
Thanks for the feedback ladies. You guys are hilarious. Very glad to know that I am not in this boat alone.

Jennifer, did you really have to deal with something very similar? I am not good at putting my emotions into words, would you mind telling me what you said in your letter. I will be putting one in the mail this afternoon.

Let us know how this turns out. VW sent DH a nice polishing cloth to clean OUR car. My name was nowhere on the letter even though we both had to sign our lives away. I'm not bothered enough to really pursue it and didn't really notice until DH pointed it out. However, I can see how it would bother you and you're right, the dealership shouldn't have done that.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1297909780|2853592 said:
Kaleigh|1297890878|2853350 said:

Of course they get to heaven :halo: A friend of mine passed away when we were 17, every year on his birthday I go and visit him and bring a balloon with me and let it go in the air (sorry for the air pollution) for him.

I bought hubby balloons, so maybe will take them and release them tomorrow. I know he wouldn't mind. It's so hard being soooooo happy for my husband, but the next day I am just so sad missing my brother... I doubt my parents even know today is his birthday... I can't deal with that...

Anyway, thanks. Moving on to thinking of happy times with him. He gave me more joy than anyone... I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. He taught me a lot. He gave me strength to carry on after he died.

I wrote a poem for an Aids Alive Gala....

My brother was a magician..

The pic was of him smiling , with a dove about to fly.. The pic is to the right, the poem to the left....

Like the wings of your doves,
I like knowing you're shining down on us from above,
You'll always be a part of me
It's your magic I'll always see

And as I reminisce
You're the one I truly miss.

As your spirit burns bright,
Please know you're still my guiding light..

Your loving sister,
Lisa **************

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
While we're talking about feminism....

Had the funniest and most infuriating experience this afternoon while meeting with our financial adviser.

He brought his partner in to meet us and sit in on the meeting because he will be handling out file after the current adviser retires. The new guy kept on talking about how he has "girls who can cater to your every need." He was talking about the admin assistants who will fax us information upon request. He must have said "the girls" 10+ times during the meeting. "Do you want a coffee? The girls can go get you one" "If you need to get in touch with me on a weekend just call the office and one of the girls will give me the message." Our current adviser could see that DH and I were both bothered and tried to divert the conversation.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1297913270|2853640 said:
While we're talking about feminism....

Had the funniest and most infuriating experience this afternoon while meeting with our financial adviser.

He brought his partner in to meet us and sit in on the meeting because he will be handling out file after the current adviser retires. The new guy kept on talking about how he has "girls who can cater to your every need." He was talking about the admin assistants who will fax us information upon request. He must have said "the girls" 10+ times during the meeting. "Do you want a coffee? The girls can go get you one" "If you need to get in touch with me on a weekend just call the office and one of the girls will give me the message." Our current adviser could see that DH and I were both bothered and tried to divert the conversation.

In front of his boss, I would have given him the keys to the car, said to have it washed, check the oil and have your parking validated and while he's out doing that if he could please sent in one of the girls to administer the financial advising.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
OMG. I'm in love with Mumford and Sons. Not only do I really like their music, but any band that references Shakespeare and Steinbeck AND has a book club on their website is a-okay by me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results