shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh, my husband and I really liked Shutter Island. Okay, it was a little long, but we thought it was a really good movie. I think it's worth checking out. The movie was made after Dennis Lehane's book (of the same name) came out. He's a very good author.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I love watching dogs play fetch. They get soooooo excited for the baby to be thrown!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Porridge|1292639625|2800059 said:
I just saw Shutter Island and I think I must be the only person in the world who didn't like it. I thought it was predictable and incohesive in parts, with a very disappointing ending.

I hated this movie also. My dh liked it but he's much easier to please when it comes to movies. It was predictable, disappointing and yes, too long as well as confusing in certain parts. Just like you said.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Packrat - congratulations to your brother!! That's fantastic.

I would still say see Shutter Island. Most of the rest of the world seem to love it, and the acting etc is great. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood, but I was disappointed by the way the plot went.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Porridge! :wavey:

I'll keep the movie on my list then.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
YAY, America took a great step forward! Just a few more steps to go! It is a great birthday!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1292704672|2800493 said:
YAY, America took a great step forward! Just a few more steps to go! It is a great birthday!
What happened? Happy birthday, Davi!

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Porridge, I didnt like Shutter Island either! 2 people who didnt like it! Haha. I just thought it soo predictable.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Just to be random:

I am standing in my livingroom, the tree is STILL half done, there are 50 million unopened amazon boxes, there is a pile of cards that need Xmas return cards sent and the place is a mess.

I am completely overwhelmed . . . :knockout:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander|1292710837|2800569 said:
Just to be random:

I am standing in my livingroom, the tree is STILL half done, there are 50 million unopened amazon boxes, there is a pile of cards that need Xmas return cards sent and the place is a mess.

Ditto! Except I'm *sitting*. And I forgot to order anything so in place of the boxes, I have an open laptop/credit card + flop sweat type thing going on. :tongue: ;( ;-)

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe|1292708126|2800534 said:

Thanks Zoe, the standalone bill to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell has passed through the House and Senate! It has just made my birthday that much better!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1292711313|2800575 said:
Just to be random:

Ditto! Except I'm *sitting*. And I forgot to order anything so in place of the boxes, I have an open laptop/credit card + flop sweat type thing going on. :tongue: ;( ;-)

Yes! This! It's oddly comforting that I'm not alone in this...misery loves company :cheeky:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Davi, Happy Happy Birthday! Hope you are having a wonderfull day!

Packrat, Congratulations to your brother! Any pics of the ring?

And I did not like shutter island either, I read the book first and that is always a mistake, the movie just never lives up to it but I could look at Leo all day so it was not a complete loss :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1292712872|2800597 said:
decodelighted|1292711313|2800575 said:
Just to be random:

Yes! This! It's oddly comforting that I'm not alone in this...misery loves company :cheeky:

Isn't it? I'm glad you two are with me on this. Turned off the damn Xmas carols and put on Dave Matthews, which helped a little. Asked DH and DD to put the freakin' garland up.

I think we may just end up opening Amazon boxes on Xmas morning. I can see it now;

DD: "I don't think this screwdriver set is mine".

DH "Will the guys on the golf course like these pearls on me?"

Not sure this scenario bothers me enough to do anything about it . . . :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sick (again...ugh) and feeling whiny today. We still don't have our Christmas tree and I don't even feel like leaving the house to get one.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor|1292712783|2800594 said:
Zoe|1292708126|2800534 said:

Thanks Zoe, the standalone bill to repeal Don't Ask Don't Tell has passed through the House and Senate! It has just made my birthday that much better!

Oh wow, that's great news! It was a stupid idea anyway.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered into my local Peet's Coffee late today to buy a few office gifts, and had just settled back for a few minutes to enjoy my complimentary drink when the baristas announced that they were giving away whatever pastries were left... after which they would be kicking us all out! :lol: I think I resisted the offer of free pastries for about 1 1/2 minutes! :wink2:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Just received word that the ring won't be done with repair work before the holidays ;(

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Misunderstandingslookingfordrama.com

Need a blanket to hide under and my kitty to cuddle with.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
So, so angry. I asked for tomorrow off, they approved it, and now they are taking it away and making me come in to work anyway. all because I had to miss Monday because my husband got t-boned in the Mazda and we didn't have a car for me to come to work in yet. A-holes. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I might become a Scrooge after this year. I'm not finding much joy in the holidays anymore.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
MP, that's freaking retarded. Sorry they're such a-holes. :angryfire:

Just got back from my trip with BF to Washington, and it was fantastic!! We had a perfect time and I was so sad when I had to come home.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm almost finished wrapping gifts. Whew!

I keep the gift-giving simple, really I do. But I also enjoy wrapping gifts - it's sort of the frosting on top of the cake for me. So I save the best for last --and to reward to myself when I've finished the shopping -- and still end up wrapping gifts at the last minute! :lol:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My cat is being taught English.

He said his first word last night. "Myellow."

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't decide if my going to the restroom all the time is an early symptom of pregnancy...or I'm just drinking to much water.

I hope it's the former. I'd love to be pregnant for Christmas!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1293145185|2804993 said:
I can't decide if my going to the restroom all the time is an early symptom of pregnancy...or I'm just drinking to much water.

I hope it's the former. I'd love to be pregnant for Christmas!

How much water are you drinking?

Best of luck!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how fun MTG, I hope so too! Fingers crossed for you!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
if your 60 foot cabin cruiser is a piece of crap, take it out of the water. Don't let it sink for the 8th time in a year on christmas eve.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
MC|1293144123|2804981 said:
My cat is being taught English.

He said his first word last night. "Myellow."

LOL! I want to go back to bed - instead I should probably blow dry my hair before work :(sad

My iPhone just died ;( ;( thankfully Apple is open today so DH whisked my phone away to hopefully be fixed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results