shape
carat
color
clarity

I just bought a 5.5 ct unheated sapphire. What do I need to look for/ be aware of when I get it?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I’m glad it’s not obvious to everyone. But I don’t know yet. Maybe. Daniel M is super cheap so it’s a possibility.

Fwiw I think it will be lovely as a ring so maybe keep it as a possible future option. Maybe one day you will see a setting that will inspire you to reset as a ring. For now enjoy your beautiful new pendant!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s a gorgeous sapphire pendant! I didn’t notice the smaller end of the oval being at the bottom. A lot of jewelry designers are setting shapes top heavy right now, like the fat part of the pear at the top etc, so he might have set it that way intentionally. It’s beautiful!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
56380461-8F8A-4B73-A3E3-2029F2DD348A.jpeg 56E569BE-0E79-42A3-823A-EC0F746C0802.jpeg
In case anyone was curious. It’s set pointy side down though, which really bugs me.

Just flip it over, then you'll have table side down, pointy side up. Daniel M is a genius!!! :lol-2:

Edit: Am I thinking of a different "pointy side"? :mrgreen2:

Edit #2: Your sapphire looks pretty darned good to me, ten times better than how it looked when you bought it...well done @winnietucker !!! :dance::dance::dance:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results