shape
carat
color
clarity

I jumped on the Huggie/Hoop bandwagon....and I LOVE it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much! I am actually planning to price the difference between SI and VS2, so I'll be curious to hear the difference. However, I am sure yours are 100% eyeclean to anyone just looking at your earrings on your ears, obviously! I wonder if they have any sample ones made up like they do on some of the rings? I should ask that.

Yes, the little martini's will be perfect for the second holes...just the diamond showing mostly!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ibbaber, I love your earrings. I will have to check into that for myself. Truthfully, I was thinking I would order the pair from
Costco. In fact, I had even talked my DH into letting me order three pairs that I have been looking at and picking one-maybe two
of the three.

I have a five stone ring with .20 pointers from Costco and all the stones have perfect little arrows in them, so I was expecting the
earrings to be as good. I would rather have .20 pointers instead of the 14 if I had a choice.

Are they ideal cut stones in your earrings? They are beautiful, but like you have been spoiled by ideal cuts.

Love love love. They look perfect in your ears! Perfect size, and oh so sparklie! Enjoy!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1302643244|2894391 said:
Ibbaber, I love your earrings. I will have to check into that for myself. Truthfully, I was thinking I would order the pair from
Costco. In fact, I had even talked my DH into letting me order three pairs that I have been looking at and picking one-maybe two
of the three.

I have a five stone ring with .20 pointers from Costco and all the stones have perfect little arrows in them, so I was expecting the
earrings to be as good. I would rather have .20 pointers instead of the 14 if I had a choice.

Are they ideal cut stones in your earrings? They are beautiful, but like you have been spoiled by ideal cuts.

Love love love. They look perfect in your ears! Perfect size, and oh so sparklie! Enjoy!

There is actually a thread around here where the girl bought both the WF pair and Costco's pair and compared them side by side (and posted pics). She chose the Costco pair. I have heard good things about their jewelry in the past (and occasionally a bad report but isnt that everywhere?). I was going to buy them from Costco myself before I found out about Jill S's pair.

Luann did assure me that they would be ideal cut stones. Are they hearts and arrows? No. I can not see arrows. BUT they are fantastic. It really depends on what you are going for. I have no doubt that both WF and Costco have a great product but so does ID and for such a SIGNIFICANT price difference. The 20 pointers really stand out. I do not mean to sound like a salesman. I just know that these are the questions I myself were wondering last month and if I can ease someone's mind then I am happy.

Also, being that they are 100% upgradable....that is something neither Costco or WF offers on huggies. Did you see the 3ctw pair at Cosctco?? Way out of my earring budget--right now--but now that I know I can trade up?? :naughty:

booman

Rough_Rock
Very pretty! congrats

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have read the thread about the Costco pair! In fact, if you go to the reviews on costco.com, I think that a Ps'er posted that she
also got a pair of ACA's from whiteflash and she couldn't tell the difference. I have been thinking about these for a long time
and have asked myself the same questions. It sounds like you got a great deal, and the size is perfection.

I do want to see little arrows though. I am kinda spoiled. It is kind of one of those things that is like a 'mind clean' stone. I want to
know that they are there. Wouldn't 'ideal' cut stones insure that they did have arrows? I always thought the two things went together.

Well, they are beautiful earrings, Ibbaber, no question. They look absolutely perfect on you, and could not possibly be better!
Enjoy wearing them every single day!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
luv2sparkle|1302741714|2895512 said:
I have read the thread about the Costco pair! In fact, if you go to the reviews on costco.com, I think that a Ps'er posted that she
also got a pair of ACA's from whiteflash and she couldn't tell the difference. I have been thinking about these for a long time
and have asked myself the same questions. It sounds like you got a great deal, and the size is perfection.

I do want to see little arrows though. I am kinda spoiled. It is kind of one of those things that is like a 'mind clean' stone. I want to
know that they are there. Wouldn't 'ideal' cut stones insure that they did have arrows? I always thought the two things went together.

Well, they are beautiful earrings, Ibbaber, no question. They look absolutely perfect on you, and could not possibly be better!
Enjoy wearing them every single day!

Hmmmm, that's a good point, To be honest, I thought that H&A was a specific style of cutting...a great style but not the only way to cut RB's ideally. I didn't realise that it had to be H&A to be ideally cut.

I did not look at these stones with an H&A viewer bc I dont have one and I just assumed that they aren't bc they are not using "branded" melee. In order to tell if it is H&A do you need to use a viewer? If so then I dont know if they are or not bc I didnt check.

The comparison I did was with my eyes only (and a loupe to check clarity) but I did put it side by side with my WF ACA melee and they performed equally in all lighting. I dont know as much about RB's bc I bought a Princess and did my research for that. Luann assured me it would be ideally cut stones. I never thought about arrows or not. Is that something I can see with my naked eye?

Regrdless I think they are wonderful and have no regrets but now I am curious about the point you bring up. Do they have to have H&A to be considered an ideal cut stone?? Is that saying that all RB's that arent H&A are not ideal? Hmmm....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They probably do have arrows Ibbaber, you are just not accustomed to looking for them. My second e-ring (after 5 years of marriage)
is far from Ideal cut, and it has arrows they are just not perfect. If Luann told you they are ideal I am sure they are! That is what
threw me off, when you said they were ideal but you couldn't find any arrows. I thought you had bought a round from WF, and they
sent you an idealscope. I am a nut with that thing now. I want to look at everything with it, even other cuts, which really does no
good!

There are many diamonds out there that aren't even ideal and they are still gorgeous, not to disparage any! The little arrow thing
has just really gotten to me and I love looking at them. I am SURE you have them, but even if you didn't they are gorgeous
earrings and I would KILL (not really, but you know!) for a pair just exactly like them!!!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Luv2sparkle for explaining to me. I am new to the world of "quality" diamonds. I am still learning :read: I *almost* switched at the last minute and bought a RB to put in a cushion shaped halo but the thought of learning the basics of a completely different shape overwhelmed me :errrr: I ended up with my Princess (and I do love it!) but I am still trying to learn about other cuts (bc there are PLENTY of places t put other shapes :D )

Thanks again!

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
lbbaber ~ I just ordered a pair of itsy, bitsy, tiny .27 pointers RB studs to wear next to my huggies. I love my huggies but wearing them next to my princess studs, well, the unmatching was bugging me. They didn't cost that much since my jeweler have had the stones for a while, before the jump in diamond prices. I'm excited, they will be set in 14k white gold too...Happy Mother's Day to me :appl:

How are you liking your huggies?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
OCmom3xboys|1304546453|2912379 said:
lbbaber ~ I just ordered a pair of itsy, bitsy, tiny .27 pointers RB studs to wear next to my huggies. I love my huggies but wearing them next to my princess studs, well, the unmatching was bugging me. They didn't cost that much since my jeweler have had the stones for a while, before the jump in diamond prices. I'm excited, they will be set in 14k white gold too...Happy Mother's Day to me :appl:

Hi OCmom, How exciting!! I havent gotten my studs for the 2nd hole yet (I almost ordered recently but then I did some damage shopping for summer clothes so now its gotta wait :lol: ) ....please post a pic when you get yours so I can see the size comparison. The mismatched shape would have bugged me too. Do you think you'll wear the princess earrings other times or maybe do something else with them?

I want to order a small pair so badly but I am trying to get some bigger projects done before the prices get even worse. I am getting an eternity band, made with 10 pointers next....as a matter of fact, I tried to order it today but I lost my wallet at Starbucks this morning (the 3rd time I lost a wallet in the last year :nono: ). So instead of ordering bling, I spent the day dealing with debit/credit cards/drivers license/etc...--UGG! I ended up going through IDJ for the eternity band bc it can be upgraded and I want mine to be big like yours one day :naughty: It is nice to know it can always be upgraded for bigger :D I am also going to order a wedding band through Whiteflash that is thin and matches my halo...I want to be able to switch it up!

I do still LOVE my hoops. I wear them EVERY day. I think eventually I will get a pair of large inside-out hoops for "going out" and date nights (thin but blingy) but for everyday use, I am MORE than happy to have these. They really are perfect!! I get so many compliments.

Have you made any progress on your watch hunt? Did you say you were looking at Michele's?

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
lbbaber|1304556769|2912549 said:
OCmom3xboys|1304546453|2912379 said:

Hi OCmom, How exciting!! I havent gotten my studs for the 2nd hole yet (I almost ordered recently but then I did some damage shopping for summer clothes so now its gotta wait :lol: ) ....please post a pic when you get yours so I can see the size comparison. The mismatched shape would have bugged me too. Do you think you'll wear the princess earrings other times or maybe do something else with them?

I want to order a small pair so badly but I am trying to get some bigger projects done before the prices get even worse. I am getting an eternity band, made with 10 pointers next....as a matter of fact, I tried to order it today but I lost my wallet at Starbucks this morning (the 3rd time I lost a wallet in the last year :nono: ). So instead of ordering bling, I spent the day dealing with debit/credit cards/drivers license/etc...--UGG! I ended up going through IDJ for the eternity band bc it can be upgraded and I want mine to be big like yours one day :naughty: It is nice to know it can always be upgraded for bigger :D I am also going to order a wedding band through Whiteflash that is thin and matches my halo...I want to be able to switch it up!

I do still LOVE my hoops. I wear them EVERY day. I think eventually I will get a pair of large inside-out hoops for "going out" and date nights (thin but blingy) but for everyday use, I am MORE than happy to have these. They really are perfect!! I get so many compliments.

Have you made any progress on your watch hunt? Did you say you were looking at Michele's?

Yes, I will sure post my new tiny studs as soon as I get them. I bought a pair of Crislu CZ round studs, I wear them next to my huggies for now. I couldn't find anything smaller than 1/2 carat and they look a bit too much for everyday wear, that's what made me get a smaller pair. As far as the watch go, so frustrating, I've tried on several Michele models and sizes and my problem is that I can't the numbers on small watches, I need big bold numbers. They had a white Michele (Tahitian - MWW12E000001 with 120 diamonds) at my NordRack for $795, uugghh, numbers were stainless steel :( I even went to the eye doctor, my vision is fine, I'm just far sighted from being my age and I can't see small prints without reading glasses. Otherwise, I'd just be wearing the watch for look hoping no one would ask me for the time, LOL! Anyway, I can see the time on the big Michele Urban, white face with black bold numbers but I'm not sure if I love it. I currently have a Fossil watch with crystals, black face and I can see the time fine. And for the summer, I just bought a Michael Kors (MK2198) with swarovski crystals/white leather strap and I love it. I guess I have to settle for swarovski crystals until I find the right Michele diamond watch or possibly another brand. My diamond shopping account is overdrawn for now but I'm hoping for a diamond watch maybe for Christmas?...

Yay! I can't wait to see your new bands...OMG, inside-out hoops, I would love to have a pair, oohh, Costco has a pair that I wanted but I got my huggies instead. BTW, I thought that I would want to upgrade my eternity ring with 30 pointers someday, I tried one on and I like my 23 pointers better, much more comfortable :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results