shape
carat
color
clarity

I jumped on the Huggie/Hoop bandwagon....and I LOVE it!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
When I first found PS I was googling Costco jewelry and found an old thread comparing Costco's 1.5ctw huggies to Whiteflashes 1ctw Huggies. After reading through that thread (and many many others), I decided to join PS and so my obsession began.....

Even though I was shopping for an e-ring, my eyes kept seeing these beautiful huggie threads. I finally made up my mind that I just HAD TO HAVE A PAIR. I spent a full 24hours debating which pair to get and then suddenly Jill S's thread appeared at THE MOST PERFECT TIME!!! (THANK YOU JILL S!!!)

SOOOOOO, how could I not?

ID JEWELRY
2ctw WG huggie/small hoops (just like Jill S--I want to give her the credit bc it was her idea).
5-20 pointers in each hoop
F-G (super white even when next to my E princess)
SI1, all eye clean no matter how close I look (have not checked w/a loupe though)
Super sparkly :love:
mybling4.jpg
mybling5_0.jpg
mybling_0.jpg

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
jan-aprl2011%20238.jpg
mybling7.jpg
mybling8.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them! Beautiful!!! :love: Very helpful ear shots!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
mybling2.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
They are beautiful and look great on you. Congratulations. I know you'll get many pleasurable years of wear.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Those look perfect on you!!
Great for everyday wear and definitely blingalicious!!!
I love huggies!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:sun: :sun: :sun:

Got bling?

They look fabulous! Big and bold and beautiful in your ears, and they look pretty versatile - casual enough to wear all day, dressy enough that you won't be out of place at a nice dinner after work - congrats! :bigsmile:

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
Wow! They are gorgeous! :love: :love:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
These are the glamour shots Luann sent me (and 1 more of my photos). Thank you so much for all the compliments. I wish I could say it was an original idea but obviously I copied other Pricescopers. I couldn't help myself, you all have such exquisite taste :D

mbg.jpg
mbg2_0.jpg
mybling6.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fabu!

cheers--Sharon

I enquired about those too... so nice!

How are they in weight?

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous!!! just the right size and SO SPARKLY!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are very pretty!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah!!!! They look stunning on your ears! :love: I'm so glad my post inspired you to purchase these. They are really fabulous and incredibly blingy. I hope my thread was able to answer all your questions and give you the info you needed. Were they exactly what expected and hoped for?

Appreciate the shout out! I've copied many ideas from PSers over the last couple of years. What can I say, PSers have the best taste! :naughty:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They looks terrific on you!

zaq12

Rough_Rock
wonderful! I am getting a pair too (though not until fall) deciding between 1.5 and now 2 cts after seeing yours- they look great on the ear, any idea what the price difference would be and if the size was really noticable? I'e been emailing with luanne, just waiting for the right time to go in.

are they too blingy for casual wear?

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
ID Jewelry--My review for those trying to decide which vendor to go with for Huggies/hoops.....

So after staring at these for the past 24 hours, I feel the need to add that the quality of these are AMAZING! I am not going to lie, I was very nervous about ordering them bc the price seemed "too good to be true". My e-ring is from Whiteflash and is made w/their ACA stones. I was worried that my hoops would not shine in comparison. I *almost* ordered their hoops....they have huggies too but are only 1ctw and the same/similar price. Now this isn't meant as a dig on WF, bc I have nothing but good things to say about my WF experience, Tracy was wonderful to work with and my ring is gorgeous---but----for the same price, to be able to get an entire carat more seems like a steal.

This is why I am adding this review. Before I ordered I had thought that there is just no way they could match the quality of ACA diamonds. Honestly, I have been comparing my hoops to my WF ring in every light possible and they are both equally beautiful! Granted, my ring is not made of 20 pointers like the hoops and if I compared both companies hoops side by side would one be better than the other?? Who knows?? But I have absolutely NO REGRETS with my decision to order through ID for these hoops. They are everything I was hoping for---and MORE!!

And to add, Luann is a pleasure to work with!! I am not trying to sway people one way or the other. I am simply addressing the worries that I had before I placed my order. IDJ has made me ver happy :D and blingy :love: girl!! :appl:

My next purchase is going to be my wedding band (an eternity band). I assumed I was ordering from WF bc I wanted their ACA melee to match my e-ring but now I am not so sure. I cant wait to see the price IDJ can do it for!!! I just might save enough to order some tiny martini studs for my second earring hole :naughty: I'll keep you posted. :bigsmile:

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
zaq12|1302612538|2893972 said:
wonderful! I am getting a pair too (though not until fall) deciding between 1.5 and now 2 cts after seeing yours- they look great on the ear, any idea what the price difference would be and if the size was really noticable? I'e been emailing with luanne, just waiting for the right time to go in.

are they too blingy for casual wear?
I was writing my review as you were writing this post :lol:

I was trying to decide the same thing. I had debated the pair from Costco 1.5ctw (15 pointers). There is another PSer that bought those and she LOVED them (if you do a search you can read that thread).

I was also really torn bc I wanted to buy through Whiteflash. They have a pair made w/1ctw (10 pointers). I loved my experience working with them for my e-ring and I think that their ACA melee is amazing.

Then there is another PSer that had WF make her a pair custom with the 15 pointers (1.5ctw). They look beautiful too. WF did a great job on them.

What finally swayed me was when Jill S posted her thread about IDJ. They had made her a pair with 20 pointers (2ctw)(you have to ask them bc it is not on theor website). What sealed the deal was THE PRICE.

Huggies made with 5 stones in each hoop:
WF 1ctw = 2000
Costco 1.5ctw = 2000
WF custom 1.5 ctw = ??? I have NO idea but I am sure it was more than 2000 :lol:
IDJ 2ctw = aprox 2000 (Jill S got a lower price but that was before the price jump for diamonds last month)

As far as too blingy for everyday wear?? Not for me. They are PERFECT. Just enough. I am a SAHM right now but I wear them anyways. They are secure in my ear. My baby can not pull them out. They sparkle like crazy and will look great when dressed up but they are equally fantastic for everyday wear in my opinion. If I can handle them for daily wear, then anyone can. :D I am a ponytail kind of girl (lately) and they look great!!! Makes me feel special as I change my son's diapers :lol:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! Those look fantastic on you! :appl:

the IDJ quoteI got for 1ctw = $1350 and 1.5ctw being $1650 I THINK 2ctw is around $2200 now maybe a little more

I'm having a tough time deciding since I can't visualize the difference between 1 & 1.5 and 1.5 & 2

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
bean|1302616997|2894019 said:
the IDJ quoteI got for 1ctw = $1350 and 1.5ctw being $1650 I THINK 2ctw is around $2200 now maybe a little more

I'm having a tough time deciding since I can't visualize the difference between 1 & 1.5 and 1.5 & 2

She did say the price is going up a little (everyone's feeling the diamonds increase :errrr: ) . That is why I didnt want to give an exact price. I dont want anyone reading this to think that they werent getting the same "deal". Jlll S got her's just in time--I think she paid arond $1750. But even $2200 is a FANTASTIC price.

If you want to see the difference in size, walk into any B&M and ask to see eternity rings (if they dont have the size huggies you are looking at).

If you look at an eternity ring made w/10 pointers vs 15 pointers vs 20 pointers, you can get a feel for the size difference. The reason I say eternity rings is bc every B&M I ever went to carried eternity rings in those standard sizes. When I wrap the hoop around my finger, it looks like a ring so I would imagine the comparison would be good. Just remember its only 5 stones in the hoop.

I say buy the largest your budget allows...you wont regret it and diamonds shrink-ya know?? :wink2:

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
lbbaber ~ those are beautiful!

I can't wait to pick mine up today (I was sick over the weekend)! I'm a SAHM, mom too and I plan to wear mine everyday. I didn't mean for them to match, but they will be close to looking like my eternity band.

I was at Costco yesterday, I always look at their jewelry case, they have new huggies: u-prong, with 19 pointers (I/VS2, 1.18totalcarats) x 3 stones on each side for $1600.

Yeah I read that jill s got a bit of a better deal but ~$2200 is still a great price (give or take some $)! Luann is very sweet and willing to work in budgets. I've emailed her a half dozen times now about inside/outside hoops and 5 stones.. (I can't decide).

I recently went into a store to look at 5/7/9 stone w-bands and just felt so silly asking to try things on with no intention to buy from them. I don't want to waste their time, but the 5 stone band that I looked at in the store was $8800 and um... A LOT less :naughty:

It's funny you mention putting the earrings around the finger.. I've been putting one of the 5-stone bands that I purchased (pics soon!) up to my ear to visualize size.. :lol:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Great choice! Congratulations!

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
bean|1302619559|2894052 said:
Yeah I read that jill s got a bit of a better deal but ~$2200 is still a great price (give or take some $)! Luann is very sweet and willing to work in budgets. I've emailed her a half dozen times now about inside/outside hoops and 5 stones.. (I can't decide).

I recently went into a store to look at 5/7/9 stone w-bands and just felt so silly asking to try things on with no intention to buy from them. I don't want to waste their time, but the 5 stone band that I looked at in the store was $8800 and um... A LOT less :naughty:

It's funny you mention putting the earrings around the finger.. I've been putting one of the 5-stone bands that I purchased (pics soon!) up to my ear to visualize size.. :lol:

bean ~ it's funny that you mentioned it, I too was putting my eternity band on my ear to visualize my huggies. I was torn between 10 pointers vs 20 pointers. I'm picking up my new huggies today :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are gorgeous! They are on my list but no telling when I'll be able to get them. Next is a 7 stone with .20 pointers from
IDJ (I think/hope).

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
OCmom3xboys|1302618572|2894045 said:
lbbaber ~ those are beautiful!

I can't wait to pick mine up today (I was sick over the weekend)! I'm a SAHM, mom too and I plan to wear mine everyday. I didn't mean for them to match, but they will be close to looking like my eternity band.

I was at Costco yesterday, I always look at their jewelry case, they have new huggies: u-prong, with 19 pointers (I/VS2, 1.18totalcarats) x 3 stones on each side for $1600.

Yay, OCmom, I had been checking PS all weekend to see if you got yours. Mine didnt arrive until Monday but it was so worth the wait :D Please post pics when you get them.

Your eternity band is gorgeous. The picture in your avatar makes me drool :lickout: That is my idea of perfection. The U prong is sooooo pretty. I am buying an eternity band too and debated a U prong but decided to go w/common prong and save the U prong for my 5 stone RHR. In order for the eternity band to look good w/my e-ring, it needs to have 10 pointers. I wanted 20 pointers badly, but when I tried one on it looked out of place next to my e-ring. So, since it will be small stones I figured common prong for that and the 5 stone will be aprox 2ctw so the U prong will look great on that hand! Ok, I'm babbling now!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
???????? If anyone is still reading this, I have a question. I am about to order small studs for my second hole (25 pointers to wear with my hoops--50 points total). Should it be martini set? Or a thin bezel? I wear a bezel pendant everyday and want to be able to leave the studs in almost always--except when showering. Is a bezel safer? Will it look silly next to the hoops? Will martini set or even basket set look better? Is one setting safer than others? Is one style better for tiny stones??? Thanks for any help.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do prong settings (martini) for second holes. I think it would look much better than bezels. I only like bezels for the main hole.

Thanks for all the extra info. I have the exact same concerns you had because I have been spoiled by H&A stones. But I can't justify $2500 or more for 1.5 ctw huggies. I just can't. I love it that you got the basket setting on your huggies, too!

Would you mind measuring diameter for me?

Last question, since these are custom, I suppose they can't be returned? That is my real concern.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1302636162|2894277 said:
I would do prong settings (martini) for second holes. I think it would look much better than bezels. I only like bezels for the main hole.

Thanks for all the extra info. I have the exact same concerns you had because I have been spoiled by H&A stones. But I can't justify $2500 or more for 1.5 ctw huggies. I just can't. I love it that you got the basket setting on your huggies, too!

Would you mind measuring diameter for me?

Last question, since these are custom, I suppose they can't be returned? That is my real concern.

Hi, Diamondseeker. I hope this pic helps to get a general idea of the size. When looking from the front, you can't see any metal..only the stones. They are as wide as the 20 pointers. I tried to measure and got about 3mm but to be honest my measuring skills are off. They are simply as wide as a 20 pointer and they are true 20 pointers.

As far as being returnable...not sure about a refund but what I do know is that they are 100% upgradable . In the event you want larger huggies, return them and get 100% of the purchase price towards new huggies. How can you beat that?

I did check with a loupe finally today and they are pretty clean stones. The only spot that stood out with the loupe was in 1 out of the 10 stones. There is a small black spot near one of the prongs (about the size of a pin point)--almost completely hidden. I dont think I would have ever noticed it if it wasn't for me checking with the loupe. Again though....its almost impossible to see it without a loupe. Now that I know its there, in certain lighting from about 2-3 inches away I can notice it...but only in some lights and bc I know EXACTLY where to look. Any further than 3 inches and it disappears...Heck, they are SI1. I wanted to be completely honest with my review so I thought I should mention this. I dont see this as a negative but I wanted to be complete in my review.

I ***LOVE**** the hoops. No regrets at all!!! They are sparkly and sturdy. Even the metal work looks nice and clean. Absolutely no complaints!! I hope this helps :D
huggieruler.jpg

Edited to add: Thank you for your advice about the martini earrings. That is what I was thinking for my 2nd hole. I assume they will sit a little closer than a basket setting and I would like to one day have larger bezels..but not for a second hole. I think I just needed to hear someone else say it! Thanks

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results