shape
carat
color
clarity

I joined the 2 carat club! Aka, third time is the charm

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous, and the diamond looks perfect. Enjoy and congratulations!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I almost didn’t post about the upgrade because it was the third diamond in a span of like 3-4 months and I was on the cusp of being too embarrassed that I didn’t get it right the first time, or at least the second.
I am ecstatic with this diamond- the 1.62 was perfection on paper, but the icy white wasn’t for me, and it also had more white light return than colored light, so I don’t feel like I ever saw the flashes of pastels that I love.
The size is a bonus for sure- I wasn’t looking for 2 carats because I didn’t think I’d be able to get anything decent in that size. I’m a size 6 finger- the 2 carats looks substantial, even if I could go bigger, I don’t know that I would, but time makes fools of us all
The next big purchase would probably be a bigger band (my current band is the half carat lab diamond from StarGems; it’s about the same width as the band on my solitaire so it doesn’t look bad, but maybe 1 carat total weight would look better ).
For now, it’s time to live vicariously through other people’s purchases, I’ve learned so much, and I’m happy to share any tips or advice I picked up.

I think pricescope is the one place where you will never be made to feel embarrassed about changing your mind. The stone looks stunning and all this trial and error just paves the way for the next person. This is partly why we all post and talk about our experiences. I am sure you can get a band to go with it down the road. A 1 carat sounds like a good size for your finger. You could maybe find a gemstone band and make a stack in between. The options are endless with a solitaire!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You new diamond is gorgeous! :love: It encourages me that people are finding great cut lab diamonds! I am mainly interested in terms of stones for studs, but I could be very tempted to get a mrb ring after seeing yours!

So just to get some newbie advice, you searched on Rarecarat and just chose stones that are listed by Yadav? Are other vendors okay? Is there anything one needs to know about the source of the diamond in terms of any having better quality material than others?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
You new diamond is gorgeous! :love: It encourages me that people are finding great cut lab diamonds! I am mainly interested in terms of stones for studs, but I could be very tempted to get a mrb ring after seeing yours!

So just to get some newbie advice, you searched on Rarecarat and just chose stones that are listed by Yadav? Are other vendors okay? Is there anything one needs to know about the source of the diamond in terms of any having better quality material than others?

Thank you for your kind words ❤️
I used RareCarat because their advanced filters let you specify depth, crown and pavilion angles since IGI ideal is pretty broad. I purchased through Yadav because their prices were competitive, and they were very reasonable to work with (example, they paid shipping both ways to let me examine the 2.14 diamond before I had it set). I ordered through Yadav’s site since their rep gave me a coupon code.
I feel like I got a great value for what I paid, and can’t see myself upgrading my solitaire for a long time if at all, which makes lab diamond prices dropping a moot point to me.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the info! The prices I see on RC are sooo much better than JA, which is the only place I had ever looked just for informational purposes. So glad to see lower prices, and I will buy at these prices, as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results