color
clarity

I hope I didn't harm my asscher and bands just now

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:ugeek:

:errrr: :ugeek:

I thought I bought jewelry cleaner the other day; it didn't occur to me that I bought anything other than jewelry cleaner. So I threw my rings in there and let them soak for 5 mins, opened it... noticed no brush... smelled different..

OH NO!! Its SILVER CLEANER!! And it says only soak silver for a second!!! (Connoisseurs silver cleanser)

My diamonds are the cleanest and sparkliest I have ever seen them. Going to google... anyone have any words of wisdom?? Thanks!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
wont harm the diamond at all.
Post the name of the cleaner and the material the setting is made out of for further research.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. It's connoisseur silver cleaner and I have a platinum 4 prong solitare setting.

I also threw in my antique 10k (i think 10k-- in car traveling now) gold buttercup leverback earrings with old mine diamond on top and OEC on bottom. Will get a pic in a sec...

img_1744.jpg

image_4458.jpg

img_5793_4.jpg (pic not after soaking)

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
whitewave|1480716783|4104399 said:
Thanks. It's connoisseur silver cleaner and I have a platinum 4 prong solitare setting.

I also threw in my antique 10k (i think 10k-- in car traveling now) gold buttercup leverback earrings with old mine diamond on top and OEC on bottom. Will get a pic in a sec...

img_1744.jpg

image_4458.jpg

img_5793_4.jpg (pic not after soaking)

Don't know anything about the cleaner. Just comment to say that I love the earrings!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my earrings!!! :love: they were an Ebay purchase-- dallas estate sale acquisition by the seller. I saw them and bought-- one of those buy first, tell husband later lol. Let me find the description of them:

Ok they are 14k gold

img_1393_1.jpg

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
whitewave|1480718015|4104407 said:
I love my earrings!!! :love: they were an Ebay purchase-- dallas estate sale acquisition by the seller. I saw them and bought-- one of those buy first, tell husband later lol. Let me find the description of them:

Ok they are 14k gold

img_1393_1.jpg

I have a few 'buy first, hasn't tell husband yet' :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: I'm about to do one of those myself lol

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The main active ingredients are Sulfuric Acid and thiourea which both can harm gold alloys including leaching the gold out.
Rinse them well with water.

The platinum will be fine with that short an exposure.

That is some very nasty stuff, keep away from Children and I would wear gloves when using it and avoid breathing the fumes:
http://connoisseurs.com/sds/Silver-Jewelry-Cleaner.pdf

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I rinsed well because the jewelry smelled and had a sticky slimy feel to it. I actually have my loupe with me (have loupe, will travel) so when we stop for the night, I'll check everything,

Sulfuric acid?!? Of course I dug my hands init looking for the brush. I had to wash my hands several times.

Uugh, thank you so much for researching it, Karl. I really appreciate it.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I clean mine using dawn dish soap in a small plastic cup.
I spread the soap over the ring then swish it in the cup of hot water.
Then drop it in and let it soak for a bit.
remove rinse with hot water.
spray some windex on it.
Rinse under hot water right away.
optionally blow it dry with canned air.

If I had one of the small ultrasonic cleaners I would use it instead of the plastic cup with soap and water only.

If that don't do it I have them professionally cleaned.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tip! Blue Dawn is great for so many things-- I use it to get food stains out of washable silk.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results