shape
carat
color
clarity

I have to tell someone...

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
...and I can't tell anyone IRL.

First, I had a meltdown to my friend today about how I feel like BF is never going to propose and I'm losing my mind.

Second, the background info and the story...

My BF is in charge of the laundry. Always. Well, tonight, I thought I'd go out of my way to be extra nice and do his chore, which is putting away laundry. As I was putting away his boxers, I felt something peculiar in the drawer. After getting my hand around it, I realized....it was a ring box.

o - M - G. I cannot contain myself right now. He's actually bought a ring. AAAAAAHHHHH! I don't even know what to think right now. Part of me is upset that I saw (actually felt, not saw...I let it go once I realized what I was!), but then a much bigger part of me wants to SCREAM! I'm kind of in shock but super excited. Today I was seriously having a meltdown and feeling so down and like he didn't care about my LIW feelings at all and was taking his sweet time and nowhere near buying a ring and proposing. Wow, now I'm so excited...

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Eeeek!

Exciting news!!!!

Bibbi

Rough_Rock
this is so exciting!!! Please post pics once you get your beautiful ring!! these are the BEST secrets to keep and do not be upset...it was meant for you to "feel" that box! it was a sign!! :saint:

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
oh my gosh!!!! HOW EXCITING and wonderful!!!!!! i guess the trick now will be finding ways to keep yourself busy :D can't wait for pics! hope he doesn't hold onto it for too long! ****Dust****

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited for you ! Hopefully it wont be long until you come back and show us your beautiful ring ! :)

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Wow wwmd8118,

That is so exciting. I don't know what I would do. I swear each step in being a LIW seems to make me more and more impatient. I think you did good in not taking a peek in the box. Hopefully you'll be wearing it soon :).

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, great self control! I know most people would have peeked but I'm glad you didn't. I hope he doesn't keep it too long. That's so exciting :appl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bibbi|1303873086|2905935 said:
this is so exciting!!! Please post pics once you get your beautiful ring!! these are the BEST secrets to keep and do not be upset...it was meant for you to "feel" that box! it was a sign!! :saint:
why wait??.. :confused: do it now :!: .. snap some pics and post it on the SMTB forum.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1303883709|2906023 said:
Bibbi|1303873086|2905935 said:
why wait??.. :confused: do it now :!: .. snap some pics and post it on the SMTB forum.

DF don't be a bad influence :)
I hope you get the ring soon and then you can post pics!

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
oh this is so exciting! Don't be tempted to look at the ring and whatever you do, don't tell him you know he bought the ring!! Can't wait to hear your good news and looking fwd to seeing pictures of the ring.

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the kind words - reading these posts got me even more excited! :appl:

As far as peeking at the ring, as much as I can't wait to see it, I won't look. I already feel kinda bad that I've slightly ruined his surprise and I don't want to do anything else to ruin it. If he holds on to it long, though, that'll be tough. :naughty: I'm going to visit my mom who I see twice a year in 2 weeks, so I'm pretty sure he'll break out the bling before that trip.

I have to say that being an LIW has been making me a crazy person, maybe because of how long I feel like we've been at this stage (together 5 years, living together for 2, both in our 30's - well, almost for me, every friend was single when we met and each of them is married now, some with kids, we've been talking about marriage for years....the list goes on and on...), so while I feel a bit guilty that I found it, I also am hugely relieved. This last 6 months of waiting has been extremely difficult and stressful - while I know he's a wonderful man and I've known we are on the same page about our future, there's still that part of me that has worried that he was just going to keep dragging his feet. I can't tell you how many times (actually, I can - 3) in the last month I've heard the "why buy the cow when you get the milk for free" mantra, which infuriates me when people say that. So, the point of this ramble is that I've been going crazy. Now I feel like I can just be excited and try to relax. I hope last night isn't any indication of my ability to relax, though - I couldn't sleep and kept thinking how unbelievable it was that my engagement ring was 4 feet away from me!!! :love: AAAAHHHH!!!! So excited!

ETA: I work from home so I'm going to be basically in the same room with the ring all day, every day, and not peeking. It's only 8am and I can't stop thinking about it. This is going to be hard!!! ;-)

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
wwmd8118|1303903869|2906081 said:
ETA: I work from home so I'm going to be basically in the same room with the ring all day, every day, and not peeking. It's only 8am and I can't stop thinking about it. This is going to be hard!!! ;-)
Don't do it!! I was so happy that I didn't!

I'm so happy for you and can't wait until the bling is on your finger! Sending you tons of proposal DUST!! :appl:

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
confusedaisy|1303920306|2906233 said:
Don't do it!! I was so happy that I didn't!

I'm so happy for you and can't wait until the bling is on your finger! Sending you tons of proposal DUST!! :appl:

Don't worry, I won't! I have to practice what I preach, and I think I was one of the ones who told you not to see your ring when it arrived just a couple weeks ago. :lol: I know I won't look, though - I didn't even look at the box - once I realized what it was, I felt like I had done something wrong just by feeling it there. So I know there's no way I'll look. I just hope he goes ahead and does it already - it's hard to stay distracted now that I know it's right here!!! I'm sure that's how you felt once your ring came in, but luckily your FI didn't make you wait too long. :loopy:

Thanks for the dust! Hope you're enjoying your engagement!!! :love:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
I was dying, knowing the ring was in the house and within reach- it feels so good to hold off and I bet he'll be giving you the box very,very soon.

Engaged life is fab-- but you'll know soon enough!! :D :D :D

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
confusedaisy|1303925294|2906312 said:
Engaged life is fab-- but you'll know soon enough!! :D :D :D

Hehe, let's hope so... :bigsmile:

snow12

Rough_Rock
Congrats! Can't wait to see it and hear about it! :bigsmile:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh congrats! That is SUPER exciting, good luck to you. :appl:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! You are such a better person than I am--I wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation to peek. Hope the rest of your LIW time is short and sweet!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
take a peek now :!: just in case you don't like the style then he can exchange it for another ring before the return period expire.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would peak :devil:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wwmd- I am so glad that a ring has been purchased and things are moving in the direction you would like....

as for the ring.. have you ever hinted as to what you would like? I understand the temptation, but I agree that you might feel bad for ruining the surprise... I hope everything goes smoothly for you and the future FI!!!

p.s. take pics the moment it is on your hand!!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies! Hopefully I'll be posting pics of it on my hand in the next couple weeks!

Dreamer D and Dancing Fire - You two are bad influences! Haha. :lol: I''m not going to peek. I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt - I would feel awful for not sharing the first time I see the ring with him. I'm already feeling guilty just that I know it's there! As far as the return policy goes, I'm positive he's going to give it to me within the 30 day return period just in case I don't like it. That's just the way he is - he's not going to take the chance of not being able to return it.

Amys Bling - Thanks! Yes, he knows what I want and I'm 99% sure he got the setting I showed him on Blue Nile that I'm in love with. :appl: So, I'm not too concerned about not liking it.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1303949355|2906606 said:
Me too. :devil: I can't resist temptation. I was one of those kids that peeled back the wrapping paper on Christmas presents, saw what the gift was, and then re-taped it. :bigsmile:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hmmm...what if it's NOT a ring? Earrings come in similar size boxes. What if it's empty except for a little note in it saying, "You shouldn't have peeked!" ;-)

TwinkleStar

Shiny_Rock
EEK wwmd, this is SO EXCITING!!! We will be impatiently waiting for the full proposal story and pics!! Congrats!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Good for you for not looking! And how exciting that he has the ring!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
wishfuldreamer|1304186494|2908616 said:
Dreamer_D|1303949355|2906606 said:
Me too. :devil: I can't resist temptation. I was one of those kids that peeled back the wrapping paper on Christmas presents, saw what the gift was, and then re-taped it. :bigsmile:

Ha ditto!

No way I wouldn't be able to peek, but I really admire your restraint! Fingers crossed you don't have to wait much longer to see it!

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Congrats and well done for not looking. I would, I just can't help it :devil: haha!

Sending dust your way :)

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
WWMD- I thought about you all weekend hoping you would hop on to say you got engaged. Sending you extra dust this week for a proposal in the next few weeks!! ::)

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone!! I'm still not engaged. But I've still managed to not peek! :appl: I love reading everyone's reactions and whether you would peek or not. :naughty:

Winks Elf ~ Too funny - I remember seeing that here on PS when someone peeked and there was actually just a note there. I will say that I'm positive it's a ring and not earrings just based on timing. I knew he was waiting for his tax refund and then planning to propose this spring, plus he's not the type of guy to just go buy me earrings for no particular reason (would be nice if he was, but hey, that's not the guy that I chose :) ), so I can say with 99.9% certainty that it's a ring.

confusedaisy ~ Awww, thank you so much!!! I'll take all the dust I can get. :bigsmile: I'm so ready for him to give me the darn thing - I know it's only been a week since I found it (6 days actually but who's counting...) but I'm going crazy. I am going to visit my mom at the end of next week, and now I'm getting really worried he won't do it before then. That makes me so disappointed to think about - especially now that I know he has the ring. I'm trying to stay optimistic that it'll be soon, but I feel like time is running out for him to make it extra special so my mom and I can celebrate together. My whole family is holding their breath that it'll happen before then. But next weekend we're going to his family's for Mother's Day weekend, and I don't think he'll do it then. So we'll see. Believe me, you ladies will know ASAP when it happens!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results