shape
carat
color
clarity

I have pneumonia!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I went to my follow-up doctor appointment today and was sent back to bed for the rest of the week. He extended my course of antibiotics and gave me some cough syrup now that the wheezing has stopped, but it has completely knocked me for a loop, so at least I''ll have plenty of ability to rest now that I''m on it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, poor sumbride; take care of yourself.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw, hang in there!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
thank you! I''m definitely taking it easy. FI is being a good sport about this too. His coworkers gave him a hard time about not taking time off to drive me to the doctor today but I assured him I just needed TLC. Somebody has to go to work around here!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, Sumbride...I''m so sorry you and kitty are both sick
8.gif
I hope you both start feeling better soon!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Today is the 1st day off of bed rest but I still don''t quite feel ready to go back to work. I asked my boss if I could work from home today but since I work with a bunch of nurses, she said she doesn''t want me to work until I feel ready because she doesn''t want me to lose my short-term disability if I''m still sick. Makes sense, but I don''t think I''m really going to get my strength back until I leave the house! So today I''m going to try to go grocery shopping and see how I handle it. If I can make it to and from the store without passing out, it will be progress!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
How are you feeling Summer? Take it easy and don''t try to rush doing things (even simple sounding tasks, etc.). That''s my unsolicited advice. When I had pneumonia a few years ago, it would take a good 2-3 minutes to figure out how to get in and out of the car because my stomach and sides hurt so much from coughing. I thought I had broken a rib -- it hurt that much. Lying down in bed was another feat. Sitting on the edge of my bed, wondering how I was ever going to position myself so that I could lie down was something I definitely didn''t think would happen. get better soon!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry you''re sick Sum! I hope you''re feeling better very soon. Take it easy!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m finally better! I''m still weak, but I don''t feel sick anymore. I went back to work yesterday and I''m here again today, but I''m completely exhausted. Tomorrow, luckily, I''ll be working from home. It''s hard to get used to not being able to nap, but I had to leave the house to get my strength back. Everybody at the office really missed me but fortunately they haven''t dropped everything on me JUST yet but I expect it soon. At least I get the weekend.

Thanks for all your well wishes during my illness. It was quite a ride but I hope I never ever get pneumonia again!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that is wonderful news!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
sum, glad to hear you''re on the mend. That is nasty stuff, I''ve had it a couple times.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad to hear your feeling better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results