shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a daaayyyyyte... I have a daaayyyyyte

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I was pretty prepared to not be on my game today with all of the daydreaming, but ever since I got those flowers... nobody''s getting anything out of me but a deaf stargazed smile.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Eeee!! Starset!! This is a FABULOUS update! He''s sweet, caring, articulate and most importantly (as you said), DECISIVE! I''m so excited for you!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome!!! He sounds like an amazing guy!!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Great updates, SP! Rooting for you over here, he sounds dreamy.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 3:02:43 PM
Author: Starset Princess
Wow. I was pretty prepared to not be on my game today with all of the daydreaming, but ever since I got those flowers... nobody''s getting anything out of me but a deaf stargazed smile.

Starset is Stargazing!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Honey, NO ONE deserves it more, NO ONE.
You sound like me last January! I am rooting for you so hard!! Keep us posted!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/15/2010 3:02:43 PM
Awwww, you deserve it!!!! Hoorrayyy!!!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
So happy for you! He sounds like a terrific guy
36.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! I check in after a few days and already 2 dates down and flowers with gushing notes, woohoo! Sounds like a movie so far .
30.gif
. And it sounds like you are attracted to him physically--which is usually the biggest unknown with set ups. Any baggage that you know of yet?

So far he seems amazing, and decisive is sexy. Did the ex see the flowers?
31.gif

on a different note: whitby - men don't like boots? That's definitely not been the case in my experience...

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
what an adorable note!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Okay bit a a game change. His ex-wife''s (I think they''ve been divorced a year or more, no kids) grandmother passed and he has decided to come back to my part of the state for the funeral today. He said, I hope you don''t mind me turning a negative into a positive, but I thought maybe I could take you out to dinner while I was back in town? We agreed and since he leaves for business first thing Sunday morning he has also decided to just stay with his parents (about 45 minutes away) until Saturday evening. So now we have lots of opportunities to be around each other. I spent all last night spring cleaning my house because I know he wants to see where I live. I took Friday off work hoping that we get along really well and we could spend the day doing something - it should be beautiful weather 65+

I''m so happy we''re going to get so much time together this week. Being so far away this is a perfect scenario. He joked last night on the phone, "I really assumed that by this, the 5th day of our relationship, that you would have your first job interviews set up around here. And you call yourself an optimist..."

I can''t find anything wrong with him other than he''s not the most attractive guy, but his personality overshadows it. I''m attracted to him and that''s all that matters. Even though my friends may give him a double take for not looking like past suitors.

Janine - I totally got choked up over those flowers and took them back to my desk. Couldn''t find a place on my desk where they weren''t screaming LOOK AT ME so I took them home on my lunch hour. Ex didn''t see them and I don''t think he heard about them either. Bad, I know. I wasn''t looking to start seeing anyone anytime soon - this just happened. It might look a little calloused to already be ''at the point of flowers'' with someone else so soon.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I hadn''t checked this thread in a couple of days, and look at everything that''s happened!

I''m so happy for you, Starset. I absolutely freakin'' melted reading about the orange roses and the note he sent with them!

Good luck this week/weekend .. I''ll be checking this thread a lot, so keep us updated!
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
My avatar was orange flowers already. So I just thought I'd update it to THE orange flowers
emrose.gif

I'm so flippin excited I feel like I'm getting on a plane for the first time.

Oh and it was funny when he said In case you were wondering why orange, it's because the first website I looked at to find out what rose colors meant (oh no, I just let it slip that I'm not truly in the know on roses) said they symbolized "appreciation and desire". I saw someplace else that they symbolized "sympathy" - fyi that is NOT what I was going for.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2010 12:40:05 PM
My avatar was orange flowers already. So I just thought I''d update it to THE orange flowers
emrose.gif

I''m so flippin excited I feel like I''m getting on a plane for the first time.

Oh and it was funny when he said In case you were wondering why orange, it''s because the first website I looked at to find out what rose colors meant (oh no, I just let it slip that I''m not truly in the know on roses) said they symbolized ''appreciation and desire''. I saw someplace else that they symbolized ''sympathy'' - fyi that is NOT what I was going for.
So lovely, SP!

And such a cute note. "Desire."
31.gif
11.gif
2.gif
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 1:03:09 PM
The second date was equally as good as the first date (and that''s saying something.) Met his friends and I got to see him at a little more ease. This morning I received 6 of the most vibrant orange roses I think I''ve ever seen, with a note: ''I''m trying to keep an even keel, but it''s hard when you''re thinking about someone who burns as brightly as the sun.''

(my heart is still in a puddle where I stood and read that card)

awwwwww! I don''t make it over to LIW much these days, but am so glad I caught your thread Starset. You deserve all the best. It sounds like you''re going to have tons of excitement in the coming months
36.gif
36.gif
Keep us updated!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Starset, I''m so excited for you! Orange roses...so sweet.

audball

Ideal_Rock
OMG, SP! He sounds dreamy...I''m so happy for you! Please keep us posted on your ''week'' together!!
30.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m 34 years old so I believe I have the maturity to say this and mean it without being blinded by fairytale fantasies...

He''s perfect!

2.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 8:39:19 AM
Okay, I''m 34 years old so I believe I have the maturity to say this and mean it without being blinded by fairytale fantasies...

He''s perfect!

2.gif
30.gif
31.gif
36.gif
41.gif
10.gif
9.gif
3.gif
4.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m 34 years old so I believe I have the maturity to say this and mean it without being blinded by fairytale fantasies...He''s perfect!
2.gif
Okay, I''m 42 years old and properly grizzled and I say ... HOLD YOUR HORSES LADY! He may be "perfect for you" and I certainly hope he is. But NO ONE is *perfect*. The fresh, new, exciting part is ACES
30.gif
13.gif
4.gif
26.gif
11.gif
9.gif
! But things seem more "real" to me when you''ve discovered the warts & said "yup, i can deal with those" than when folks are all NO WARTS!!! NO WARTS!!!

Have fun! Maybe you''ll only find freckles!
3.gif

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 2:35:06 PM
Author: decodelighted

Okay, I''m 34 years old so I believe I have the maturity to say this and mean it without being blinded by fairytale fantasies...He''s perfect!
2.gif
Okay, I''m 42 years old and properly grizzled and I say ... HOLD YOUR HORSES LADY! He may be ''perfect for you'' and I certainly hope he is. But NO ONE is *perfect*. The fresh, new, exciting part is ACES
30.gif
13.gif
4.gif
26.gif
11.gif
9.gif
! But things seem more ''real'' to me when you''ve discovered the warts & said ''yup, i can deal with those'' than when folks are all NO WARTS!!! NO WARTS!!!

Have fun! Maybe you''ll only find freckles!
3.gif
i totally agree with deco!

when you''ve been through the ups and downs (give it 6 months at least!) and you still wanna be around him THEN he''s perfect!

all the best to you starset!
36.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Okay, okay. Nobody could smell the humor. I know he''s not perfect.

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
aw starset, i hope you don''t think i''m just raining on your parade!

i hope he''s the perfect guy for YOU!
1.gif

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2010 4:41:15 PM
Okay, okay. Nobody could smell the humor. I know he''s not perfect.
I got the humor when he saw the wink. Like all of us, he knows he''s not perfect, you know you''re not perfect, he knows you''re not perfect...who cares :) I''m just happy that (it seems) you can be done with the boy and date a man.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Soooo, how was your weekend with your new man?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
True to form, the ex showed up on my back door last night offering me everything I''ve ever asked from him on a silver platter. In return I would have to promise him we''d never go through a divorce. It would have to be forever.

Please. Like that was ever an issue before. The more he spoke the more I saw the potential clauses and conditions and changes that would need to be made in order for all this to happen.

Knee jerk. Again.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 10:13:37 AM
True to form, the ex showed up on my back door last night offering me everything I''ve ever asked from him on a silver platter. In return I would have to promise him we''d never go through a divorce. It would have to be forever.

Please. Like that was ever an issue before. The more he spoke the more I saw the potential clauses and conditions and changes that would need to be made in order for all this to happen.

Knee jerk. Again.
Eek. It''s hard to believe the ex is older! This is too much drama and irrational/inconsistent behavior. I sense he knows about the new man and therefore is responding out out jealousy. I hope you are not being tempted...in a way it''s too bad you work together so you can''t actually have the clean break that is needed. And what gives him the right to just show up?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking on me Janine
35.gif

New man told one of my best friend''s boyfriend (while us girls were preoccupied) that he''s pretty sure he''s loved me before he ever met me. From the beginning he''s wondered when we''re going to be at odds over something significant.

We have agreed that I''ll pick him up from the airport this Friday and travel to his house from there. We have plans to go to his favorite burger joint on Friday while listening to some Blues. On Saturday I''m supposed to dust my red dress off and he hopes I like tapas.

Then last night on the phone he asked what my plans were for Easter. I said I usually spend it with my family and he said he does, too. Then said, I know we''re taking this as slow as molasses in winter, but would you like to meet each other''s parents?

This is so strange. I feel very comfortable around him. No creepiness. I already know people that already know him or are related to him (a guy I work with happens to be his cousin and great friend.) Yes, this is moving fast, but not in an OMG you''re a freak way. There''s no way in heck I would make any rash decisions. I''m a strong believer in sharing four seasons together. To that he responded, well good thing Winter is over. I look and act completely different in the summer and I''m insufferable in the fall.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Forget about that ex. I''m not even going to waste any more time typing about him
2.gif
3.gif

Sounds like things are going great with your "perfect" man (and yes, I got what you really meant by that). He sounds like a really great guy (and yes, they are difficult to find!), and this thread makes me fell all warm and fuzzy inside!
41.gif
I''m looking forward to hearing more about him, and the time you guys spend together.

Good luck with everything!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
He arrived at my house at 6pm after the funeral and met my sister and my dog. He's mildly obsessed with this huge original map I have in my dining room and mentions that my bedroom furniture is precisely what he had been shopping for, but could never find. He competed with my sister's odd sense of humor and won much extra credit in both our eyes. The dog doesn't trigger his allergies because he is a long hair and doesn't shed as bad. I take him out to dinner at a dark hole in the wall with the best steaks around and talk until 10pm. I still have to work the next day.

He spends time with his parents and gets his tire fixed. Did I mention he was going to buy a new car the week before but decided against it under the assumption we were really going to get along and he'd be doing a lot of driving in the coming months? So I teased him about spending money for a new tire on an "old" car he wasn't even supposed to be driving anymore. We drive to a larger town and eat at this great Indian restaurant. We both enjoy spicy foods and the shrimp vindaloo was excellent. Again, we stay there talking too long.

On our way back to my town I suggest we stop in at MY little Cheers bar. Two feet into the door my ex is sitting five feet away. I didn't want to make a U-turn so I say some nice things to my girlfriend who is also sitting there and I say, "Oh wait, I left something in the car." Grab the new bfs hand and drive home. That was awkward. I will forever look for his vehicle before entering an establishment with or without the new beau.

Friday I take off of work so I invite him for breakfast, we go play golf and go shopping for a pinata for my girlfriend's birthday (long story.) It was so fun seeing him in all these different roles. He was complimentary of my cooking, not an overly critical golf player and was very courteous and talkative with the cashier. I like it when people are kind to waiters and customer service and the like.

We go head out to dinner for my girlfriend's 30th birthday. My friends all like him and my acquaintances are a little perplexed by me being with someone new, but he doesn't know any better so he chats them up too and everyone is great. I have a few beers and sing karaoke (Beach Boys, God Only Knows) and he claims it is one of his top 10 favorites of all times but he's not a Beach Boys fan. I of course, feel exactly the same way.

Then comes Saturday and besides a photoshoot and a friend's daughter's tumbling meet, which he gladly accompanies me, we spend all day talking. We both drive part of the way to Chicago, have dinner, and extend a quick goodbye outside the restaurant because the weather changed and neither of us are wearing coats. We promise to see each other next weekend and we head different ways down the same road.

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
It sounds lovely Starset! I''m so happy for you!
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results