shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a daaayyyyyte... I have a daaayyyyyte

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Friday night at 6:30 for dinner. My mother and her coworker are setting us up. He definitely wants marriage and kids.

I have nothing to wear!
It will be 47 degrees and raining. For sure.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very exciting Starset!! Hmnn... a nice V neck sweater with skinny slacks? A pretty scarf with it? Maybe some flirty dangly earrings?

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I think I''m going to go shopping tonight for those slacks that have the fabric appearance of denim but the tailoring of dress pants. I have long slender legs and a flat backside so I''m hoping they make em with pocket details.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I hope the date goes well!
1.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
2.gif

Date: 3/11/2010 4:05:22 PM
Author:Starset Princess
Friday night at 6:30 for dinner. My mother and her coworker are setting us up. He definitely wants marriage and kids.

I have nothing to wear!
It will be 47 degrees and raining. For sure.
Ohhh haaaaaayyyyy!!!! Ideas, jeans that make your butt look good, a cute sweater (or layer, that is always good!! ) Cute pashmina (sp?). Heels, and your awesome self. Oohhhh!! you have to keep us posted!! :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jeans! Cute trench coat! Colorful shirt! YAY!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I couldn''t help it. I bought a dress. The restaurant is a very hip place so.... Can you help me accessorize?

My first thought is black tights, black patent small heels, white patent wristlet purse.
Then I start thinking about gold jewelry with it (I prefer gold on my skin but own silver, too)
Colored handbag?

I have two rain trenches. One is a dark moss green. The other is bright salmon, yellow, white and black floral. I was told once it looks like a hairdressers cape.
My umbrella is white with green, red, gold, violet flowers but I think they have valet.

And just for reference I''m 34 and he''s 42 so although pale mint green fingernail polish is in, I wouldn''t.

Yay!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Oh shoot. Forgot the picture. What do you think of the sash/belt?

bwdressblksash.JPG

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 8:17:17 AM
Author: Starset Princess
Okay, I couldn''t help it. I bought a dress. The restaurant is a very hip place so.... Can you help me accessorize?

My first thought is black tights, black patent small heels, white patent wristlet purse.

Then I start thinking about gold jewelry with it (I prefer gold on my skin but own silver, too)

Colored handbag?

I have two rain trenches. One is a dark moss green. The other is bright salmon, yellow, white and black floral. I was told once it looks like a hairdressers cape.

My umbrella is white with green, red, gold, violet flowers but I think they have valet.

And just for reference I''m 34 and he''s 42 so although pale mint green fingernail polish is in, I wouldn''t.

Yay!

Too much patent! Just go with the shoes and do a plain black bag not in patent leather. I think gold would be fine for jewelry and I like the idea of a colorful jacket. I wouldn''t worry about matching the umbrella. Oh, and a natural, light color on the nails please.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Super cute dress! I love it with the sash. With black and white, I love adding some color - either with the bag *or* the coat *or* the shoes.

Have fun tonight!!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
You know what''s so awesome about this dress? You can''t see it in the picture. It has deep scoop pockets. Kind of makes it a casual carefree dress, but in silk!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful dress! I hope you have a wonderful date!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
LOVE THE DRESS!!!!!

I never hang out on LIW anymore (and I''m only just getting back on PS) so....HI HI HI!
35.gif
35.gif
my friend!!

So excited for you!

Ok. I''m going to be the lone voice of dissent. I say BOOTS! It''s cold, it''s late winter, and you have kickin'' legs. Do you have any tight, hot black boots to go with the dress? Like....
These?

dateerinboots.JPG

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Boots! I do indeed. I was worried about coming across too vampy... They''re square heeled, not stiletto, but come under the knee.
And they''d be more ideal in the rain. You think?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 2:20:46 PM
Boots! I do indeed. I was worried about coming across too vampy... They''re square heeled, not stiletto, but come under the knee.

And they''d be more ideal in the rain. You think?

Sounds good. Boots are sexy, practical and chic. The square heel is perfect--stilletto would be a bit much for a 630 dinner which will be an after work crowd.

Have fun and can''t wait to hear all about it!

ETA Blueroses? What''s the latest with you?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I''m loving the boots too!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I'm letting my inner vamp shine through a bit, I dunno....

I wore my version of those black boots on my first date with FH....worked out pretty well for me.
31.gif
31.gif
(Ok, ETA that makes it sound like it worked out REALLY well for me on the first date. Actually not what I meant. I meant in the long run!)

They're also practical.

But--boots and dresses are my go to. BUT--(being my own devil's advocate here) I happen to *not* have great calves. So boots are my friend b/c they hide that. If you DO have great legs then heels are your friend.

But I love boots and dresses together. My .02.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Starset, I love the dress!

I like boots too, ala Blueroses, but I''d wear a boot with a stiletto or a cone shaped heel, or maaybe a lower wedge.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Because I like my legs I went with a heel.

I arrived a few minutes early and he was already seated. At the table was a single hot pink rose and a notecard. Awwww.
Conversation was awesome, we were the last to leave and we agreed to meet up again tonight. It's at his friend's cabin house and all his friends will be there celebrating the arrival of a new baby. He's bringing a crab dip. Lol. Tonight is the jeans and vneck sweater, scarf and dangly earrings. Oh, and my cone heeled brown boots.

He's so easy to talk to. And funny. And decisive...

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m happy that your date went so well - enjoy yourself tonight
36.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi Starset Princess :)

NOT boots. not with a summery silk dress. the weather might be rainy, but when you take that trenchcoat off...hallo...ODD.

and while i love boots, too many men dislike them to risk them on the first date.

all black and white *can* be dull, so i agree about adding some color in your accessories. how about red? black/white/red/gold is a lovely combo. i dislike jackets for dates cause they can veer towards the businesslike. not the vibe you wanna send. i'd do the dress, the trench, i'd buy a plain umbrella, red sandals (not flats), black bag (not patent), and gold jewelry - but not too much. keep it simple and classy.

my thoughts. good luck!

ETA ooy vey! just realized i was 'after the event' - so sorry, starset! i'm glad it went well and that you seemed to hit it off - i hope tonight is equally great :)

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Coming out of lurkdom to say that I am so happy that you had a great date. I have followed your story and I am just so pleased for you!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on a great date! I hope last night''s was just as good.
36.gif
36.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 5:31:15 PM
Because I like my legs I went with a heel.

I arrived a few minutes early and he was already seated. At the table was a single hot pink rose and a notecard. Awwww.

Conversation was awesome, we were the last to leave and we agreed to meet up again tonight. It''s at his friend''s cabin house and all his friends will be there celebrating the arrival of a new baby. He''s bringing a crab dip. Lol. Tonight is the jeans and vneck sweater, scarf and dangly earrings. Oh, and my cone heeled brown boots.

He''s so easy to talk to. And funny. And decisive...

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Especially

"DECISIVE"!!!
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yay! He sounds like a sweetheart for bringing a rose to the first date and showing up early!
1.gif
36.gif

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hooorrrayyy!!! Yes (pumping fist in air) !!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a great time, the rose and note were very thoughtful. I hope the 2nd date is just as great.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
The second date was equally as good as the first date (and that''s saying something.) Met his friends and I got to see him at a little more ease. This morning I received 6 of the most vibrant orange roses I think I''ve ever seen, with a note: "I''m trying to keep an even keel, but it''s hard when you''re thinking about someone who burns as brightly as the sun."

(my heart is still in a puddle where I stood and read that card)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 1:03:09 PM
The second date was equally as good as the first date (and that''s saying something.) Met his friends and I got to see him at a little more ease. This morning I received 6 of the most vibrant orange roses I think I''ve ever seen, with a note: ''I''m trying to keep an even keel, but it''s hard when you''re thinking about someone who burns as brightly as the sun.''

**MELT**

I miss courtship! He sounds like a winner, SP!
36.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2010 1:03:09 PM
The second date was equally as good as the first date (and that''s saying something.) Met his friends and I got to see him at a little more ease. This morning I received 6 of the most vibrant orange roses I think I''ve ever seen, with a note: ''I''m trying to keep an even keel, but it''s hard when you''re thinking about someone who burns as brightly as the sun.''

WOW! He sounds amazing, Starset!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results