shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a $3200 budget! Please help me find a round diamond in a thin solitare setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kris30

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''m new to this and need to start picking out my ring. I know that I want a .85 (or higher if possible) round diamond in a thin solitare white gold or platinum setting. I have been reading up on cuts etc and I know the most important thing is the cut. I want to stay away from going above an H color if possible. Any suggestions on online rings I can get in the budge of $3200? Thanks so much!

kris30

Rough_Rock
thank you! I should have mentioned that I do want a 6 prong setting with the thin band and the 6 prong setting on that site doesn''t state the width. The diamond looks great though!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope.

The other Jake''s done well, I think, but if you''d stretch a bit, this one and another like it will get you into a G.

See below my signature for shopping points, but the search by cut db, above under Prices, will show you these. Also, JA will do their ring, at least by request, with 6 prongs. And white gold would save you a bit, same or similar style.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really really think you should consider an I if you want to get a stone .85 or higher. In a well-cut round, I color will be fine in white metals. Below are some diamonds I''ve found that *almost* fit your descriptions.

Here is a .79 G/SI2
http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-136246.htm#

.82 G/SI2
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=895808

.81 I/SI
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=895806

.90 I/SI2 for a tad over 3k
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=988896

kris30

Rough_Rock
It looks like there are some marks on the SI2''s. Would you be able to see those in normal lighting etc? Also is an I going to look like a clear diamond or more white? I do like the clear sparkly look better. James Allen''s site looks good though. Thanks!

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
it will appear "warmer"

Here is my I color ring

A D color will look more icy. The hint of warmness is really not detectable by most people unless compared directly to a colorless stone and even then the difference is slight.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I color Stone from the side...

mail22.jpg

kris30

Rough_Rock
your ring is beautiful! It actually looks very icy to me so I think I probably will be fine with the I color. Is your ring an ideal cut? Now I'm just nervous about the marks on the SI2 stones. Maybe I will search for H or I color with excellent cut and SI1 clarity. I'm also wondering if I should go with Whiteflash or James Allen. Both seem to have good prices.

cairns

Rough_Rock
I actually got the setting at james allen with a six prong instead of a 4 prong, I really wanted a thin (2.2mm) setting, and they did it at no charge. Just give them a call.

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
yes its graded as an AGS 0... cut makes all the difference. There are eyeclean SI2's so keep an eye out.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
You just might be AMAZED at how "low" in color and clarity you can go and still have a KILLER diamond. As long as you do NOT compromise on CUT, you will have a KILLER diamond that will likely blow away 99% of all other diamonds you see out there.

I know newbies can be nervous
2.gif
, (I was, too!) but trust me on this! Compromising a bit on color and clarity (but never cut) will let you save money or... (my favorite:) get far more SIZE!
31.gif

BTW, just so you know I am practicing what I am preaching
2.gif
, here''s my own AGS-0 2.36 J/SI2 RB... very white, totally eye-clean, and 100% gorgeous!

102YAY1a1.jpg

kris30

Rough_Rock
Lynn your ring is gorgeous! I''m so glad that I can get a bigger stone now :)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Here's an ideal .86ct I, VS1 for $3200 (wire price):

.86ct I, VS1

psaddict

Shiny_Rock
I would go with a white gold setting instead of platinum if I were you.. it sounds like you''d like either metal, and with white gold you can spend $300 more on the diamond!
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results