shape
carat
color
clarity

I have 30 days....HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VampireX02

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a diamond....everything looked great....but when I ran it though the HCA, everything came up as "Very Good". Should I be disappointed? Is there a whole lot of difference between an excellent and very good rating? What is the average consumer's HCA rating?

Also...the diamond looked incredible under the store lighting. It's not so good at home. Does a diamond (even one with an HCA excellent rating across the board) always look better under the store lighting?

I have up to 30 days to return the stone for any reason. Here's the specs. Can you tell me what you think?

Cert: AGS
Cut: Ideal (0) - Polish, Symmetry, Proportions: Ideal (0)
Color: H (2.0)
Clarity: SI1 (5)
Carat Weight: 1.214
Fluorescence: Inert

Measurements: 6.85-6.90x4.26mm

Table: 54%
Crown Angle: 34.9%
Crown Height: 15.9%
Pavilion Angle: 40.9%
Pavilion Depth: 43.1%
Culet: None
Total Depth: 62.0%

VampireX02

Rough_Rock
Also....the HCA tells me that it rates 1.6 - Excellent - within TIC range. Someone care to explain that as well?

Basically...I just want to know....Is it well above average?

buttercup

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't be dissapointed if it just got very goods, i'm more concerned about how you say it looks not as nice at home. yes, stones ALWAYS look better in store lighting, but it shouldn't be a dissapointing difference. How much did you pay for it...we'll help you figure out if you got your money's worth and whether you should keep it or return it.

VampireX02

Rough_Rock
I have to clarify that....I'm not really disappointed with it in the lighting in my home...let me explain.

They had 3 different lightings set up in the store. Fluorescent, something to simulate sunlight (forget what that was called), and then in the dark, with just light coming from another room.

I just remember thinking in the store....WOW...it looks incredible in that fake sunlight...and I've never seen anything light up like this in the dark..it was awesome. Fluorescent was my least favorite.

When I have it at home....under my dining room light...it looks just as incredible....lot of fire..lot of brilliance. Very happy with it.

Out doors, in real sunlight (only took it out once on a lunch break since I picked up the stone while I was at work)...it just didn't have the quite the same punch as the fake light. When I saw it in real sunlight, it reminded me more of what I remember the fluorescent light looking like. Could that be because of time of day, angle of the sun, not direct sun type of thing?

And I can do the "in the dark" thing, but again, I remember the fire being much more noticable. Could that also be because of the light they're using vs. mine?

Anyway...the ultimate question comes down to this....I paid $6,200....and I just want to know with that HCA rating of 1.6 Excellent TIC (4 Very Goods), and everything I listed above.....is it a GREAT stone (even if I paid a little too much)...and how would it stack up visually to the average consumer's stone?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi VampireX02,

Yes it is well above average: "A score below 2 (Excellent) means you have eliminated known poor performers (more than 95% of all diamonds). "

Enjoy your diamond :wavey: [/u]

buttercup

Rough_Rock
absolutely. if it gets 4 very goods, it will most definitely blow the average consumer's stones out of the water.
sounds beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results