shape
carat
color
clarity

I got the wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI everyone,
After posting that I wasn't sure which band to get, the Whiteflash or the Tiffany one, I decided to take the plunge and get the Tiffany one.
Yes, it cost us more money, but I felt that I didn't want to have someone make the band and maybe having a problem with it when I got it. Of course for larger diamond purchases, I will always use Whiteflash. Hmmm, earrings sound nice right about now!
Here's something good that I would like to share with everyone.
The Tiffany diamonds have ARROWS! I can't believe it, but it's true. I used the H&A viewfinder and I truly see arrows. I don't know how perfect they are, but there are eight arrows in each diamond (total of 7 in the band). I tried to capture them in pictures, but I couldn't focus too well because they are so small- 8 pointers.
I know that everyone says that T&Co. is overpriced, etc. and you can get better quality somewhere else, but did anyone ever really check to see if the diamonds they sell have H&A's or did they just assume that they don't? I am really curious about this.
Anyway, I just want to thank everyone again.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a closeup. I was trying to show the H&A's, but I don't know how well it came out.

104_0486 (3).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one shows how well the band sits flush next to the Royal Crown.

104_0495 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here's another one on the hand.

104_0497 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one more!

104_0498 (2).JPG

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The rings are beautiful Kayla17. Lots of diamonds show arrows even the diamonds I have bought from UK maul stores have arrows that look symmetrical to me. Apparently though there is more to it than just seeing the arrows and that the hearts which cannot be seen when the stone is set have to be perfect too. I am sure you know that anyway because of your solitaire but I just thought I would let you know that one of the professionals said either on this forum or another that lots of diamonds show the arrows but are not hearts & arrows diamonds.

Jason

Rough_Rock
Nice looking ring and band. Very solid! What is the total weight on it, what are the specs on the center diamond and how much did you pay?

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Its a beauty

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Lovely, Kayla. No denying that you're going to get nice stones at Tiffany.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Oh my God! How beautiful! So sleek and elegant! Thiat band and the ring are a match made in heaven!
love.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Kayla,

Absolutely stunning! The band is just a perfect fit, and your diamond was set into the RC setting just perfectly. It's the first time that I've seen the prongs proportionally spaced. Did WF do that? If so, they did a great job, congratulations on the great set.
10.gif
lickout.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the compliments.
Jason, the diamond is an A Cut Above from Whiteflash set in the Vatche Royal Crown setting. It is 1.51 carats F VVS2 and scored 0.7 on the HCA. The band is from Tiffany's and it has .56 ctw. Each diamond is 8 points and there are seven of them. They are G VS quality. As far as price, the wedding band was >$3000, the Vatche setting I got when prices were lower, but I believe it is $1045 now. I purchased the center diamond for $15k even.
Giangi, you are so sweet.
Caratgirl, Vatche set the diamond for Whiteflash.
Pyramid, that's a good point.
Hess and Iceman, thanks.
I am so happy no one is yelling at me for buying from Tiffany's. I really bought the wedding band more for the design than the diamonds.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The set looks amazing, Kayla, definitely as though they were made to sit together. I wonder if the fact that Vatche does the Tiffany Lucida could possible mean that they do more of their settings that we know about? If that's the case, I wonder if they made the initial setting of your wedding ring and possibly that is why it sits so well with the Vatche Royal Crown?

On your note about the arrows, I believe it was Rhino or someone recently was talking about Tiffany quality and noted that Tiffany sometimes may sell H&A type stones in their bag of tricks, but they wouldn't check for the H&A status nor would they note it; my assumption on this is that they probably wouldn't even advertise it if they knew a stone was H&A, as they most likely would not want to compete with their own 'brand' which is probably better known to the mass consumer than H&A. Also IMO it would raise some questions about their stones (e.g. 'isn't a Tiffany stone the cream of the crop.'..when really it's just a stone like a regular vendor or H&A vendor would have but given a brand name).

Anyway....again...congrats, the set looks very beautiful and they all look like they match quite well!
1.gif
Tiffany purchase or not, you made an educated decision based on the knowledge of what was out there, weighed the plusses and minuses, and did a great job IMO.

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Kayla17....

It's stunning and so beautiful
What a lucky girl are you!
The center stone's a knockout
And the wedding band is too!

YOU GO GIRL.....and get those earrings too!

wavey.gif
appl.gif

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mara and Heyjud,
I truly do love the ring!!! I went out to eat last night and the combination was so sparkly that I actually wound up taking off the ACA and just wearing the band! I was worried about the retinas, you know (LOL).
2.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
ai yai yai!
love.gif

absolutely a stunner! don't let buying from tiffany's worry you. the only person who has to be happy with the purchase is yourself. and with a set like that, who wouldn't be? great job!
appl.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi kayla17, the band looks great!
2.gif
I'm so glad you are happy with your choice.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
kamuelamom,

so wot, with a name like that you gotta be from hawaii. am i right? maui?

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes as a matter of fact, but the Big Island, not Maui. And you?

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Oh My Gosh, Kayla! They are a GORGEOUS set!!!! Nice fit too!!! Thanks for the eye candy!!! And no Tiff from any of us. LOLOL You are happy and sooooooo are we for you!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

dragonsheart

Rough_Rock
Congrats on the great setting.
appl.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
oops sorry, of course kamuela is on the big island. i'm on oahu.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
are these pix on the eye-candy forum folder? they should be!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the great replies. Every time I look at the two rings together, I feel so lucky to have gotten them.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results