shape
carat
color
clarity

i got my wax model..

rmm

Rough_Rock
i posted last week for comments on my CAD ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-cad.158480/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-cad.158480/[/URL]), and we just got the wax model! this is such an exciting process!

what do you think?

i'm a little overwhelmed by the size (i wasn't involved in center stone selection, i'm a lucky girl!) but my bf and friends love it..... the designer assures me i will get used to it quickly!

it doesn't fit correctly in the pictures, it will fit lower on my finger when it's sized correctly, of course!:)

photo.JPG

photo(2).JPG

photo(3).JPG

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is huge but I am sure you will grow into it quickly!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a large ring but very close to your inspiration ring. What size is the center stone?

Most importantly - what do you think about it? It will certainly produce lots of bling!!

rmm

Rough_Rock
is it too big??

the center stone is 1.7ish.... during the design/planning process, i wanted something that would cover the width of my finger (size 6.75)... i wear large jewelry (as you can see by my watch, but i really only wear the watch, 1 ring on each hand, and then large studs), but the sparkle and size combined is overwhelming for me... my initial thought when i saw it was that it was big, then i loved it and it was exactly what i wanted, but now i keep going back and forth as to whether or not it's too big!

i know that i don't want a single halo or any other setting, i've looked/tried several again to be sure... so i think i'm just overwhelmed b/c this is my first diamond ring?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing how quickly the eye gets used to seeing something - it's what causes DSS!

It will look different too when there is metal around the stones instead of the green wax. I can see from the size of your watch that you like big jewelry so I would think that the ring would be right in line with that.

The only way I would know to make it smaller would be to only have one halo but since you know that you want a double halo, that's your new ring!

These types of rings must always look big at first but as time passes, it will probably look just right to you!

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I love it....it looks perfect next to your watch. If you wear larger jewelry then a dainty ring would not do....yet its very feminine and beautiful. I think its perfect!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just the wax model? Do you really want an honest answer?

First, I think it is beautiful! But do I think it looks like an everyday ring for most people? Not really. I think movie stars going to premieres could pull it off just fine, but it looks a little more like a dressy cocktail ring to me than an engagement ring that would be worn everyday, especially when casually dressed. I do think reducing it to a single halo would make a huge difference, and the design could still incorporate the larger stones in the 4 corners.

If the ring was finished, I would have stopped with telling you that it is beautiful. But since you are clearly having some doubts after seeing the wax, I have to agree with you that it is a little big and now is the time to stop the process and decide if you want to go forward or revise the design. I did not comment on your CAD thread because you said you loved big jewelry and I think that is fine if you really do. But if you are having doubts, now is the time to change it. It will be very expensive to change it later.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I think if you are staying true to your own personal style, you're good to go. And if you're 100% sure you don't want a single halo it looks like a great design for a double halo. I have an offbeat sense of style too- I know most people wouldn't be into my sartorial choices either- so I definitely can relate. (I tend to wear a LOT of jewelry at once, and I also think diamonds go great with my combat boots and tattoos :tongue: )

Anyway. Personally? *I* would go with a single halo. But if you love big jewelry, and want a double halo, good lord, it's perfect. The design, even in just wax, looks well executed and appears to be high quality workmanship made by someone with a good eye for proportion. I love cushion shaped halos and much prefer them to round ones (I see a lot of vintage clothing and for some reason round halos on round stones look like those rhinestone buttons from the '50s to me...) It is huge, yes. :bigsmile: But I suspect you'll get used to it right quick! Especially since you've gone and re-tried on single halos and confirmed that yes, you want a double one, and that you wear and like large jewelry. It's amazing how the eye adjusts to the size of rings and settings. What seemed enormous initially will look totally normal and right pretty quick.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I personally would prefer the single halo (keeping the stones in the 4 corners, I love those!) but since you like big jewelry and are sure you want a double halo, go for it! Several ladies on here rock massive rings that are so blingtastic they have a cocktail ring vibe (Bliss comes to mind :love: ) so if you want total finger coverage and love the double halo and big jewelry, then I think you are good to go.

Diamond Shrinkage Symptom does tend to be a real thing for a lot of ladies, so I think you'll get used to your ring really fast ;))

rmm

Rough_Rock
thank you all! i love the honest input.. it is so helpful. i'm the most indecisive person ever so finding something to wear for the rest of my life is difficult!

after looking and relooking, i believe that the setting is right.. i know it's cocktail-ish, but i'm not really traditional... so i am going to think about whether or not i should get a smaller center stone. it'd prob have to be significantly smaller to truly make a difference, though, right? something to sleep on!

again, thanks for the honesty! when i received so few responses to the CAD thread, i figured no one liked the ring and people were just being polite, so i'm glad to get more input this time!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
If YOU think the setting is right, then that is all that matters!

If you're truly uncomfortable with the size, then I wouldn't get a smaller center stone, rather I would bring the halos in and make those smaller. I think you could definitely have daintier halos if the overall size of the ring is really bothering you. My fear about getting a smaller center stone is this: What if you get used to the size over time and then DSS sinks in? It's so much harder to find the *right* center stone later on than it is to change the setting.

It sounds like you really WANT a ring that covers your entire finger, though, and if that's what you want--that is what this ring will give you!

You'll get used to the bling pretty quickly, you really will. I *just* upgraded from a 2 ct cushion to a 2.3. My original ering was set on an eternity band and it made for a pretty blingy set with my eternity wedding band, but honey, I was SO used to all that bling about one hour into wearing the set. ;)) Based on what you've said about wearing large jewelry, I think you can totally rock this ring. :cheeky:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Haven|1301809510|2886472 said:
If YOU think the setting is right, then that is all that matters!

If you're truly uncomfortable with the size, then I wouldn't get a smaller center stone, rather I would bring the halos in and make those smaller. I think you could definitely have daintier halos if the overall size of the ring is really bothering you. My fear about getting a smaller center stone is this: What if you get used to the size over time and then DSS sinks in? It's so much harder to find the *right* center stone later on than it is to change the setting.

It sounds like you really WANT a ring that covers your entire finger, though, and if that's what you want--that is what this ring will give you!

You'll get used to the bling pretty quickly, you really will. I *just* upgraded from a 2 ct cushion to a 2.3. My original ering was set on an eternity band and it made for a pretty blingy set with my eternity wedding band, but honey, I was SO used to all that bling about one hour into wearing the set. ;)) Based on what you've said about wearing large jewelry, I think you can totally rock this ring. :cheeky:
Ditto. Yeah, you could have the setting made smaller, with smaller melee and less metal if you want the look to be daintier. But yes, I'd stick with the size center stone you've got. (And I think you'll be happier with the larger melee in the long run anyway, probably.)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It's your ring so it is what suits you. Personally, I would go with only one halo which will also make it look more refined. I do like double halo rings but usually when the two halos are thin and simple. Your outer halo is impressive but I would be uncomfortable for daily wear.

ETA: I am not the big jewelry type of person. I like really dainty and elegant jewelry.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I think there are a lot of factors to take into consideration.
Your personality.
Your physical stature.
Where you live.
Your lifestyle.

I live in Southern California and that ring would definitely fit in.
You should see some of the honkers I see at the grocery store!

If it's "you" and it fits in with your lifestyle and the area you live in, then I say go for it!
But if wearing it will make you uncomfortable, then maybe your instinct is telling you something.

I love it, especially the larger stones in the corners.
Not just anyone can pull that type of ring off.
But if you can, then I say ROCK IT! :appl:

Sissymeow

Rough_Rock
Wow that's a big ole diamond. I think it looks great on your finger. You obviously like big jewlery and actually with that watch on it doesn't really look that big. I would also take into consideration the wedding band you are going to wear with it. Is that going to be on the larger size? Will that make the overall appearance too much?

Like everyone else has said, it's your ring. Like I say to everything in life, what can you live with?

rmm

Rough_Rock
thank you thank you thank you! i so appreciate the input/insight/advice!

after reading (and re-reading) your posts and talking it over with friends and my bf, i'm going to move forward with the ring! i know it's not a typical or traditional e-ring, but that's precisely what i wanted. all of the suggestions to make it daintier were great, but i don't like dainty! and as my bf keeps reminding me, my first instinct was that i loved it, but since the appt, i've become overly nervous about what people will think about it and me for wearing it, so i've been letting that color my thoughts.. but really, only his and my opinion should matter!

so, thank you again! i will post pictures when we get the final ring/get engaged!!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
rmm|1301880883|2887113 said:
thank you thank you thank you! i so appreciate the input/insight/advice!

after reading (and re-reading) your posts and talking it over with friends and my bf, i'm going to move forward with the ring! i know it's not a typical or traditional e-ring, but that's precisely what i wanted. all of the suggestions to make it daintier were great, but i don't like dainty! and as my bf keeps reminding me, my first instinct was that i loved it, but since the appt, i've become overly nervous about what people will think about it and me for wearing it, so i've been letting that color my thoughts.. but really, only his and my opinion should matter!

so, thank you again! i will post pictures when we get the final ring/get engaged!!!!

It is quite normal to be nervous about a custom project, you have so much invested in it (both financially AND emotionally) a "do over" is not an easy option. If your first instinct is that it's perfect for you, you like the bold design then DO IT and don't look back! You are right that it should please you and your bf/soon to be fiancee!!!
If it's your dream ring then ROCK IT! :appl:

Come back with pictures, I'm dying to see that fabulous ring IRL!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results