shape
carat
color
clarity

I got my new upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
After looking at many, many cushions and trying to get as big of a diamond as possible without spending much money, (dh didn''t set a budget, but I was dealing with guilt issues and trying to stay under $10,000) I ended up with a round brilliant! LOL

I had found a setting that I loved at the jewelry mart near my house. It was where I got my original ER. The first time I went in, they rubbed my the wrong way trying to sell me an uncertified overly priced diamond. I was definitely NOT going to buy from them again. But, I couldn''t get the setting out of my mind. So, last Friday I went back in to look at the setting again with the intentions of getting something similar made. This time though when I walked in, it was a very different situation. She said "I''ve been waiting for you to come back, look at all these diamonds I got in for you." She proceded to pull out a bunch of certificates and different diamonds. I was very impressed with how she handled me this time and with the diamonds she was showing me. It came down to two, a GIA and an EGL. Both were H, SI2''s, but the EGL was more eye clean and as they say "it spoke to me." It''s smaller than I wanted, 1.58ct, but I fell in love with diamond and setting, so I compromised. I bought it without my dh even seeing it. The funny thing is that one of the first things he said was "I can see how that could be bigger!!" LOL He said we will definitely have to upgrade one more time!

Now it is sitting in our safe as this is a 40th birthday present which isn''t until 9/27!!! Ack!

Here are some pictures -- which are very hard to get. Doesn''t nearly do it justice!

100_1036_1.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a way to post more than one pic at a time?

100_1032.jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
What a sparkling stone and unique setting

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
and antoher...

100_1052.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! It''s going to be torture waiting on that thing for a whole month!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Very pretty! Glad you got what you wanted.

cheers--Sharon

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Jayrenay, your ring is beautiful. I have always loved that x-band. It reminds me of a bow or something. Lovely and feminine.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love it !!!! WAY TO GO!!! GREAT JOB!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
36.gif
30.gif
35.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes for your upcoming birthday! Your new ring is a real stunner!!! I really like that setting.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a unique setting, love it! Congrats on your upgrade.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting is so cool and it looks lovely on your hand!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I like that criss-cross setting.
Very pretty stone.
Enjoy

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty! Congrats! That reminds me of a david yurman setting that someone was lusting after not long ago.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous and very unique! Congrats!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should''ve added a disclaimer to the title of your post: *SPARKLER ALERT*, lol!!! The ring is just gorgeous, I love the unique setting! Congrats!
9.gif
36.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Very nice. Love the mounting with the split shank. You poor thing having to wait and knowing it is RIGHT THERE...I agree torture.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone & I just love the setting! I''ll bet you can''t wait to turn 40 now!
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 11:41:10 AM
Author: BrightSpot
I''ll bet you can''t wait to turn 40 now!
31.gif
That is a GREAT point! I have got to work these ''incentives'' into major life events that I''m wary of facing!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~That setting is really pretty!! Can we see a closeup of the setting??
30.gif

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 12:51:46 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 8/24/2006 11:41:10 AM
Author: BrightSpot
I''ll bet you can''t wait to turn 40 now!
31.gif
That is a GREAT point! I have got to work these ''incentives'' into major life events that I''m wary of facing!!!
It is giving me something to look forward to. My birthday falls on the worst possible day this year. It''s on a Wednesday, my mom will be on a cruise (which is another issue that I''m pretty annoyed about) so I don''t have a babysitter AND it''s back to school night at the kids'' school -- where I happen to be the first grade teaching assistant, so it''s going to be a long day! At least I have my new ring to look forward to!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 3:19:47 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~That setting is really pretty!! Can we see a closeup of the setting??
30.gif
This ring picture taking thing is harder than it looks!! LOL But, I''ll see what I can do.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite picture...

100_1091.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW, it''s stunning and I love the setting.
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy Birthday...it''s beautiful

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for all the nice compliments!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results