shape
carat
color
clarity

I got 2 New ACA stones!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I just got these 2 from WF!!
3.gif
I'm soooo excited!

okay, it didn't work

let me try something else

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Pretty
3.gif
nono.gif
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty Leota!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, they are very nice...but did I miss a post? Why are you getting them? Will they be earrings or are you just collecting side stones ahead of time?
9.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Well, my bf is getting me a new platinum setting custom made right now as a gift. The 2 bigger side stones that comes with the ring are just regular .28 .. so a total cw of .56 So, he asked me if I wanted to change the diamonds to ACA and he'll pay for it, actually he referred to the ACAs as the "little arrows and hearts things".. and take the orignal side stones and make them into earings.. But I feel bad.. So I'm going to pay Lesley for the ACA first... and we'll see. Total weight for the new stones are: .77

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ah ha! So what center stone are you getting for the setting?
10.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous.....................

but happy for you. I guess that trashes my fantasizing about making those into earrings!

hehehhe

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
hahaha..... I feel like I got caught doing something bad after caratgirl said "AH HA!"

Well, the center stone is not a new stone. It's a HOF that I originally got from him a while back... the carat weight is 2.75 G vs2.

He had recently wanted to get me something new, cuz I keep looking at all these awsome priced diamonds .. and post messages with my new found friends! But since we're trying to save money for a house, I really didn't him to get my anything too much. Because the whole time, he was just there watching me check out every 1 carat that's F SI-1, SI-2..... There's a setting I've just absolutely fell in love with and would bne "very" happy with a 1 carat set in it. Finally, we agreed to get me the band from WF and then 2 days ago, out of no where, he tells me.. "Whenever you're ready take your ring in to our jewler and ask for Eric. At that point I was just positive he got me the setting! And I tried to make him spill! But he wouldn't. So the next day I went in, with my ring. And Eric shows me THE SETTING that I've keep going back to look at! And he tells me, "This is yours, when are we going to set it?"

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Thanks AL for your reply and your jealousy.. It makes my new stones so much better!!!!

I'm just playin!
9.gif
'

I can't wait till the whole ring is done!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
="padding-bottom:0;marginTop:0;marginBottom:0;">----------------
On 1/14/2004 7:31:37 PM Leota wrote:

hahaha..... I feel like I got caught doing something bad after caratgirl said 'AH HA!'

Well, the center stone is not a new stone. It's a HOF that I originally got from him a while back... the carat weight is 2.75 G vs2.
----------------[/quote]

Heehee, well it seems I am right!
naughty.gif
What's this about a 2.75 HOF???? First I've heard of this...and why would you be looking at a one carat, if you have one of these babies?

Is this going to be an engagement ring? Inquiring minds want to know.
10.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Well, I've had the HOF for almost 2 years now. And that is supposed to be the engagement ring. Though we've never really shared this with family and friends because it's still a couple years till we get married. (This year he's 26 in 2 months and I'm turn 25 seven days after him) And I we didn't want to share our engagent with everyone because there isn't an exact date set yet.

As for the HOF thing,... I knew there were the arrows and the hearts.. but I didn't know it was such a BIG thing when I first got it. I just knew it's supposed to have EXCELLENT fire and brilliance. But secretly I still wanted a Tiffany ... till I found pricescope.

As for the 1 carat thing... is because I really love that setting... but I dont' think we can get me another 2 carat or 3. So having a 1 carat in an F color I would be just as happy. I just never thought of exchanging the setting he originally got the ring in.. till he said it. So, now I save $$ on getting myself a new diamond, AND I can have that setting! PLUS 2 addtional ACAs of .80c tw~
3.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh mgod! I would just be in hog heaven right now. When will the ring be done so you can post 10 million photos?
10.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
It will be done hopefully the end of next week. And I will difinitely post PICTURES!

10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif
10.gif

9.gif

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! Leota, wow! So you are going to basically have an engagement ring of 3.52 cts PLUS your band! I am happy for you, and can't wait to see how the ring turns out. Your band is so feminine and pretty.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Leota!!! You sly devil you!!!
11.gif

You been holding out on us!!
naughty.gif

That should be one awesome ring. Cannot wait to see the pics!!!
3.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
OKay, now I'm just showing off. Hope you guys don't mind. But the total weight will be 3.73 because there are 6 melees of .03 each.
9.gif

Yes, yes I can't wait either. After almost 2 years getting a new setting is like getting a new ring!

Yeah, I was holding out because seems like everyone talks about *new* rings on here. So now that I'm getting a new setting, I feel I can bring this one out to talk about now!
twirl.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Since we have now turned off the 2 ACA's on the database as sold, those links that Leota posted won't work anymore. So for the history files, here is the first of the AGS diamond reports.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

CI_AGS-4007610.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the other one
1.gif

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

CI_AGS-4007609.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
awww.. Thank you Lesley for posting for me!! I can't wait! I'm just too excited! Isn't it late where you are at?

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Yip - it's late here - 1:37 a.m. but there is so much to do!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
If I remember correctly, you guys are located in Texas. Don't remember if I mentioned before. But I grew up in Dallas, TX.
21.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic stones! Congrats!
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!

Okay Leota...you need to be punished.

You've had your little (literally) paws on a 2.75c HOF stone and you never said anything? Never posted pictures? What kind of Pricescoper are you! You should be ashamed!
2.gif

All I have to say is holy crap! What does your boyfriend do that he can afford such a huge HOF (they have a huge markup, like a Tiffany) at such a young age? I am so jealous.
2.gif
*stares at 1.23c that looks like a 1.35c stone silently*

Anyway this ring should be a stunner. Do you have any pictures of the setting itself? I can't wait to see the finished result!! I am also so glad I got my little .38c stone for Greg last week before you had your chance to snatch it out from under me! Your .38c stones are very similar!!
2.gif

Congrats gal!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
CONGRATS TO YOU GIRL!
1.gif
Haha... good for you!

Rhino

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend is in computers. Has his own company, well with another friend that is a partner. Was at CES last week.. lucky him stayed at the Venitian with a few of him employees. He has asked me if I wanted to fly up to meet him which I wanted to, but I have scrapbooking class on Sat. So meeting up with him never happened.

Me, I quit school at 16.. started working full time for a district manager in the finanial industry. Then at 18 decided I'm not going to help someone else make money, so I decided to get my own license and do this on my own. Now it's been about 7 years in the business and I love it! Working at getting my "financial planner" status. Sooooo.. can't be a financial planner if I can't even manage our money and stop spending them on diamonds. But I'm really glad I didn't give in and get another 1 carat for that setting. That would have been just wasteful. just a little info about both my bf and myself.
1.gif

Is HOF's markup just the same as Tiffany's or maybe lower? higher? I should go into one of the stores and check it out. Are there actualy HOF stores? I've never seen one.

Well I don't have pics of the setting itself. I have never ever taken pics of jewerly till I started pricescope. So, my band and mom's 3.05 are the first 2 pieces I've snapped away at. I felt kind ridiculous at first.
4.gif

Yeah! After looking at Greg's stone ... I would have taken that one too! But last week I really didn't know I'd be getting 2 new ACA. Well, wouldn't have if I didn't get this new setting as a suprise.

Okay, so after this setting is complete, I think my bf and I should NOT be spending any money on diamonds till like next year or something. We actually want to save money for our own house ASAP. We want to take one major trip every year.. This year maybe like Australia.... And also one trip within the 50 states. SO by the time I die I would have gone to most of the states. So,.. no more money on diamonds. Please, Friends, remind me this when I'm looking for new pieces..
nono.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is never enough money to do everything you want...but I guess that's part of the fun of 'saving up' for something special. I of course want diamonds and to travel and the new house etc.
2.gif
What do you mean we can't do everything at once?! Priorities...

There aren't HOF stores but there are stores that carry HOF stones. You can check HOF website to find out who is local to you. Their markup is around 40% over a regular H&A stone..Tiffany is about the same. So actually paying for a HOF is almost the same as a Tiffany! HOF are probably better cut, but IMO that markup is just ridiculous. Shhh, don't tell your fiance he could have gotten a H&A stone which is essentially the SAME THING as a HOF stone for alot less.
2.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I think he would just pass out if he knew it was 40% markup! We just won't tell him. Till he decides to get me a new diamond.
2.gif

Yeah, we really should be setting priorities. Each year goes by so fast now... and if we don't start getting our act together, we'll probably still be where were at 2 - 3 years later without having to really have traveled to any place significant.

I think now that he knows I can find these great deals on bands and rings, he'll just leave it up to me. Even better! I'd rather have something I really love for a great deal! Than a surprise that's waaay over priced.

And as for the other two stone that I took out of the setting, I think I'm going to make them into earrings for my mother for her birthday next month. I already have earrings, just wanted new ones. But Mom doesn't have ANY diamond earrings. So that'll be my gift to her. My sisters can think of their own gift. So the total weight will be .60 I think that's a good size for everday wear.... or is it?

Also, for earrings, do people usually go with platinum, 18K, or just 14K is good enough? And what kind of backing is good? the screw on? what else is there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results