shape
carat
color
clarity

I found this diamond pin at a thrift store and I don’t know the logo

seastar4357

Rough_Rock
CAD100CC-E4A8-4284-A72B-1B9252A18599.jpeg
Any help identifying it/estimating the value would be super helpful. Thanks.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more pictures than just the side of the piece would be helpful.

If you're talking about the logo on the box, it's just a standard Fleur De Lys print.

seastar4357

Rough_Rock
A few more pictures than just the side of the piece would be helpful.

If you're talking about the logo on the box, it's just a standard Fleur De Lys print.

I was hoping someone could identify it because of the box. I don’t see any marks on the pin.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, no idea but it's very pretty!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not an expert, however, IMHO, the box and liner are generic jewellery packaging, and not proprietary ones.

Cute pin though.

DK :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If this helps, I googled something like "yellow gold diamond stick pins" and several similar looking ones came up at about $100 each. I think yours is prettier, though. Great find!

seastar4357

Rough_Rock
If this helps, I googled something like "yellow gold diamond stick pins" and several similar looking ones came up at about $100 each. I think yours is prettier, though. Great find!

Thank you! I am thinking about getting it appraised

seastar4357

Rough_Rock
I am not an expert, however, IMHO, the box and liner are generic jewellery packaging, and not proprietary ones.

Cute pin though.

DK :))

Ok thanks! I will probably get it appraised

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a gold plated costume jewelry stick pin.
Yes, the diamond is real, but lots of older plated jewelry is set with tiny diamonds.
Stick pins had a resurgence of popularity in the late 1970s, which is when this piece was made. We wore them on lapels, bow blouses and cowl neck sweaters.
I would value it at $10-15

Last edited:

seastar4357

Rough_Rock
This is a gold plated costume jewelry stick pin.
Yes, the diamond is real, but lots of older plated jewelry is set with tiny diamonds.
Stick pins had a resurgence of popularity in the late 1970s, which is when this piece was made. We wore them on lapels, bow blouses and cowl neck sweaters.
I would value it at $10-15

Thanks so much!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ah, yes. I remember when stickpins were the big thing for awhile, way back when.

So, if it doesn't have any markings on it like 10k or 14k, then yes, I'd assume it is gold plated. Still a nice treasure for $2, though!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results