color
clarity

I found our new dog!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a video and my daughter took a screen shot:
IMG_0740.PNG

Yes, we are all missing Gabe, but he did go out on a high note, great weekend for us and with a belly full of kibble. I can't be mad at that.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish that kind of final act for all our fur kids---full of happiness, yummy food, our own yard, the grass under our paws and a canopy of blue sky to cradle us.

(I've asked 2 of my vets if this kind of end is the norm and they both shook their heads and said 'No." So sweet Gabe hit the jackpot twice in his life---first when you made him yours and second when he passed. RIP sweet Gabe.)

P

PierreBear

Congrats! How very exciting to expand your family after your recent loss. :appl:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I found him! He is the 18 month old boy 7 hours away from me. We pick him up mid-July. (Vacations and neutering pushed schedule back )

IMG_0737.PNG

The way it worked out, it was totally meant to be. They passed up three families because none felt right and he said he knew immediately we were the family for his dog.
He is so handsome! Congratulations on your new family addition!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish that kind of final act for all our fur kids---full of happiness, yummy food, our own yard, the grass under our paws and a canopy of blue sky to cradle us.

(I've asked 2 of my vets if this kind of end is the norm and they both shook their heads and said 'No." So sweet Gabe hit the jackpot twice in his life---first when you made him yours and second when he passed. RIP sweet Gabe.)

Thank you so much.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's wonderful, congrats!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to put my daughter's down on Monday. She wants a puppy now but I can't see that, she is getting ready to go to college and I don't want to start all over with a new dog especially since we both work all day and she will be gone

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to put my daughter's down on Monday. She wants a puppy now but I can't see that, she is getting ready to go to college and I don't want to start all over with a new dog especially since we both work all day and she will be gone

Exactly. I am too old for another puppy. I will have 3 in college after this year so...right. I love that he is 18 months old, potty trained, etc.

Yes. I see your point about getting a new dog. Still, my first dogs stayed home all day while we worked. They get used to it.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's adorable!! I have a friend who ADORES bullies too and will never own anything else.

Congratulations!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad to hear you found your new dog so quickly!

I found my new dog two years ago. My old girl is still with me, and I wanted her to teach the new one the ropes out in the duck blind. She did well and loves to play with the pup. It will help with the inevitable hole she will leave when she goes, but has also build an entire new room in her memory house as she and the younger dog are lots of fun to be around.

Congratulations.

Wink

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear you found your new dog so quickly!

I found my new dog two years ago. My old girl is still with me, and I wanted her to teach the new one the ropes out in the duck blind. She did well and loves to play with the pup. It will help with the inevitable hole she will leave when she goes, but has also build an entire new room in her memory house as she and the younger dog are lots of fun to be around.

Congratulations.

Wink
Yes, I like to do this too and I like to think each dog sort of rubs off on the last one-- like building links in a chain.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Agreed! May the chain be ever strong!

Wink

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got back last night from my 14 hour round trip to get Manny! We also stopped and dug for crystals at Mt. Ida Arkansas. Once I clean the iron off of them, I'll make a post. Pretty cool-- enjoyed that experience very much-- sweet surrender crystal mine.

Here is manny!
IMG_1040.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, I'm sorry I missed your original post about your beloved dog but I am so glad you found a new fur baby! I wish you many years of happiness together.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! We keep calling him Gabe though :wall: he looks a lot like Gabe (if gabe hadn't been a poorly bred bulldog, poor gabe)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too cute - what a loveable face! Enjoy your new friend!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cute! With a face like that, he can probably get away with a lot! :twisted:;-) I'm so happy after that long wait you've be united with your fur boy!! :appl::appl:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And a hearty welcome to Manny!!!!!

If your crystal doesn't clean up to your standards, lemme know and I'll describe what my geologist husband does with Arkansas crystal (Coleman mine). You use oxalic acid and a crock pot. Turns out gorgeous. Have fun with Manny and your crystals!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And a hearty welcome to Manny!!!!!

If your crystal doesn't clean up to your standards, lemme know and I'll describe what my geologist husband does with Arkansas crystal (Coleman mine). You use oxalic acid and a crock pot. Turns out gorgeous. Have fun with Manny and your crystals!
Super cool. Yes, coleman was one choice but on trip advisor, it seems people were complaining lately about the lack of product getting brought up to dig through,

I'm going to try iron out first and soak in the yard for a week or so.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sooo cute!!! Manny...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Whitewave!!!! I'm assuming it was love at first sight! Manny is adorable.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a face! He looks absolutely happy to be home with you! Enjoy your Gabe!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes. He is precious, adorable, loving. Margaery is still bossing him around, but she is getting used to him. He doesn't know how to play with toys!

We are enjoying him so much already. He is no trouble at all and listens to commands, He has an adorable show trot... like a little horse. One issue is that when I take him outside, he thinks we are practicing for a show, so he won't pee, etc. He walks beside me at my pace and looks at me for instruction. Lol

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg I'm dying with the adorable!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is a smooshable, smoochable face :D

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a handsome fellow! Bulldogs are such endearing dogs :love: