shape
carat
color
clarity

I found our new dog!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found him! He is the 18 month old boy 7 hours away from me. We pick him up mid-July. (Vacations and neutering pushed schedule back )

IMG_0737.PNG

The way it worked out, it was totally meant to be. They passed up three families because none felt right and he said he knew immediately we were the family for his dog.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! He is a lucky boy!!! We await happy details and pics later!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy for you, WW! I 100% understand what you mean about needing to get another dog right away--that's what I'm planning to do when one of our little ones passes. Some people need time to grieve, and others need to take action asap. I'm the latter, and it sounds like you are too.

Also, I respect your views about rescue vs. pure bread/purchasing, etc. We are in the same boat, because my DH is allergic to dogs (other than hypoallergenic ones, of course), so rescues turn us away by default. We used to live in a condo complex in CT, and rescues said they wouldn't consider us because we didn't own a home and didn't have a fenced in yard. I was very disappointed. We will still try to rescue next time, but are afraid that with DH's allergies it will be a non starter--again.

Sending you and your soon-to-be pup best wishes and so many hugs!

PS. my fur babies say congrats! IMG_20170527_093137_856.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Yes, the no fenced yard kicks us out too.

The way I got in contact with this owner was pure universe-dust.... I cold called someone from the bulldog club of America regional page, and she talked to me for 30 minutes and then said she knew of the perfect dog for me.

They had been waiting for me... that was nice to hear

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayayayaay!!!! Thank you for opening your home and hearts to this precious furbaby!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
God bless you and your new boy, Manny. He looks cuddly and adorable.

Hugs!!!!!
Deb

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He does look cuddly!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at that face :love: he's gorgeous! He's going to be one lucky doggo going to live with you

Q

Queenie60

You're a wonderful person. And a very lucky dog, I must say!! Congratulations.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a great story! Congrats on the two of you finding each other!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww. What a face! LOVE. So happy for you and your family! Wishing you all the best and sending (((hugs))) your way.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My oh my, isn't he beautiful. Congratulations on finding your next fur baby. It was obviously fate that he be with you!

Last edited:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What fantastic news! DH says no more dogs for us. When Hollis eventually passes there will definitely be a hole in our life. I'm hoping that makes him change his mind.

I can't wait to hear how Manny and Margaery get on.

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I also got a dog within a couple of weeks of losing my wonderful Yogi and was holding back on showing pictures on PS because I wondered what people would think. Manny is very handsome and very fortunate to have a new home with you.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone. Now I wait!! Waiting to send CVB my ring to reset and waiting for Manny

Waiting is hard!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What fantastic news! DH says no more dogs for us. When Hollis eventually passes there will definitely be a hole in our life. I'm hoping that makes him change his mind.

I can't wait to hear how Manny and Margaery get on.
That is too bad. I hope he changes his mind!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I also got a dog within a couple of weeks of losing my wonderful Yogi and was holding back on showing pictures on PS because I wondered what people would think. Manny is very handsome and very fortunate to have a new home with you.

I am so happy for you! Once I tried waiting two months, and I cried every morning and night for a month. (Only one dog, so had to put the bowls up, etc). I was so miserable. DH finally got a paper and said we needed to find a dog. Aftert that experience, I knew I just have to go straight into the next dog.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you found Manny @whitewave, when my 2nd boy died, I contacted Rescue immediately, and the perfect little boy was waiting for a new home, we had him for 12 years. There's no right or wrong, it's when you feel ready, sometimes it's immediately, sometimes you need a breather.

We had quite a wait for our girl, only because they're quite a rare breed, and fortunately don't come up for rehoming too often.

Looking forward to hearing about Manny's adventures with you.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! Very happy for you!

@springerspaniel IMO if you have the room and heart for a puppy, do it. I would never judge someone for taking in another right away if they find the right one for their household. There's so many out there that need love, and think about it; would your puppy want you to really be alone and miserable?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So cute! Congratulations to you and to Manny :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What great news! Manny looks like a handsome man (I bet Margaery will agree :love::lol:).

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, I hope so too. DH loves dogs but he thinks we don't give Hollis a good enough life and he feels guilty. But, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Hollis pretty much lives like royalty.

ETA - for some reason I can't quote...

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Margaery is so miserable too; she very clearly is grieving now and doesn't like being an only dog. We have been letting her sleep with us (what a cover stealer!!).

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is quite a handsome fellow. And at 18 mos, he's probably still full of puppy-like antics. Can't wait for the updates once he's home.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh he's just a handsome snuggle muffin!!! Can't wait until you have him! Please share lots of pictures :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Margaery is so miserable too; she very clearly is grieving now and doesn't like being an only dog. We have been letting her sleep with us (what a cover stealer!!).
That is even worse than grieving yourself. Hopefully, she'll take to Manny. I mean, how can she not? He is so cute and strong looking...:twisted:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy for you WW (and Manny too)! He looks adorable...good and sturdy like a little tank!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy for you and Manny. What a little face! You are lucky to have found each other. I hope this eases some of the pain in the loss of Gabe, because it does seem like it was meant to be.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, Manny is adorable! So glad you found each other!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results