shape
carat
color
clarity

I found my 30th birthday present!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''ve been looking for something "special" for my upcoming 30th birthday. After all, a woman needs a little pick me up during this fragile time
2.gif
I knew I would love to get a ring but I didn''t want just another jewelry, and wasn''t sure what I wanted when I came across this. It''s not something I normally like but this one made my heart race when I saw it. So on total impulse I bought it and called DH to thank him for such a wonderful present
9.gif
Now I''m nervous about receiving it! What if I don''t like it when I get it?
32.gif

I literally JUST bought it and came running her to tell you guys
9.gif
What do you think? Did I do the right thing?

b29e_1_sbl.JPG

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It''s a Belais 18K white gold with OEC diamonds and sapphires. .25ct in the center and 1.1ctw.

b247_1_bl.JPG

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know nothing about antique diamonds or rings and this is my first time purchasing something like this. I hope I made the right decision!
32.gif

diaant205front0.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Babyblue - I think the ring is lovely, and if it spoke to you, that''s the most important thing - its important to trust your gut, and it sounds like it spoke loud and clear here
9.gif

Can''t wait to see pics IRL
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh it is gorgeous! I have purchased from that seller before and it was a great experience!

kaori

Shiny_Rock
Hi Babyblue,

Your birthday day gift is grogeous!! Thank you for sharing such an eye candy and the great technique for getting present from DH.... I am so going to use your strategy in the future...

I cannot wait to see your hand shot....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cant wait till you get it and give us some hand shots! Its got such an unusual shape that its bound to draw attention.
What a neat birthday gift! (my husband likes it when I buy my own gifts too - takes the pressure off him
1.gif
).

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 12:46:56 PM
Author:Babyblue033
I''ve been looking for something ''special'' for my upcoming 30th birthday. After all, a woman needs a little pick me up during this fragile time
2.gif
I knew I would love to get a ring but I didn''t want just another jewelry, and wasn''t sure what I wanted when I came across this. It''s not something I normally like but this one made my heart race when I saw it. So on total impulse I bought it and called DH to thank him for such a wonderful present
9.gif
Now I''m nervous about receiving it! What if I don''t like it when I get it?
32.gif

I literally JUST bought it and came running her to tell you guys
9.gif
What do you think? Did I do the right thing?
Babyblue, What a perfect way to celebrate (mourn the end of your 20''s
39.gif
) turning 30!

I wonder how many of our DH''s actually manage to buy us a present of their own choosing which has no influence from us.....

Please post when it arrives, I cannot wait to see.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s lovely and I can''t wait to see the real hand shots!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Looks really pretty, I love oecs and the seting is gorgeous. I shop for my husband all the time. Please post handshots When it arrives
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love antique pieces, especially pieces that look like that! Wow, can''t wait to see real pics of it!!!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what a cool ring!! I love the color of those marquise sapphires, too.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely. I can''t wait for you to get it and post some more pics!! Happy upcoming 30th to you!!
36.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
A very cool vintage ring! Can''t wait to see more pics! A lovely sparkly for your 30th!
36.gif

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooooooooh!!! I love it!!!! Can''t wait to see pics when you receive it! Happy 30th to you!
30.gif

frenchblue

Shiny_Rock
oh my gosh it''s stunning! i LOVE it!! that seller is great. can''t wait to see it on your hand!

and happy birthday!
36.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey, I''m in the same process - turning 30 and trying to find something to mark the occasion. I hope I''m as lucky as you at finding something exquisite - that ring is a beauty! I can''t wait to see it on your hand.

P.S. - Happy early birthday!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy b-day! I''ve never seen anything quite like that ring! I love it!

Here is my opinon on it.

1) It has diamonds
2) it has sapphires
3) is vintage

Hard to go wrong with any of the above points! Looks like a stunner!

Hand shots asap please
31.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday!! Very cool ring!! It`s great you found something that spoke to you!!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks like it will be a winner for sure BB - you have lovely taste, and this piece is no exception- please share more shots once you receive it, and happy upcoming b''day.
2.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh it''s gorgeous! I can''t wait to see real life pics! And happy birthday!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous!!!! It''ll make a perfect bday present for you!
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT.
30.gif

(fragile, handling you with white gloves)

I l
30.gif
ve it!!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s pretty! And very unique. Happy Birthday.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Babyblue - congratulations on your birthday (you youngster!), and on a wonderful find. It looks beautiful, and I can''t wait for you to get it so we can see how it looks on the hand. I tend to think that first impulses are good ones, so I wouldn''t second-guess your decision too much. Like others have said, you do have fabulous taste, and I''m still in awe of your garnet halo ring and pendant. I want those sooo much!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and unique. Happy 30th!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone, I guess I just needed a little reassurance from everyone here since you guys all have such great taste. DH wasn''t that impressed with "his" gift, kept asking "what is it supposed to be?"
14.gif

I''m trying to tell myself that my first gut feeling was right. This is so different from anything I''m normally attracted to, it must mean something that I immediately loved it when I saw it huh? It''s just that I''m normally such an indecisive person, I kind of scared myself when I bought this so quickly!
23.gif

It''s also good to know that some of you had good experiences with this seller, it does make me a little less nervous.

I''m going to be on pins and needles until the ring gets here!
32.gif
I''m excited to see it though, especially the OEC stones. I never knew about them until I saw so many beautiful pieces here and now I get to have my own!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for such a beautiful bday present!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results