shape
carat
color
clarity

I finally have E-ring pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s gorgeous!! I love pears w/ pave'' and a halo... a''la FireGoddess!!!!!
30.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all SO much for your many compliments! I am still on cloud 9 and I think I will be for a while!
9.gif

The whole discussion about which way the point faces is interesting to me, b/c I''ve never heard there was a "conventional" way to wear it!! I have noticed FG''s faces the other way, but honestly, I always thought it was about personal preference...he put it on my finger this way and it just looks right to me, so that''s the way it''ll stay!
9.gif
(Plus I think facing the point away from me would look like a teardrop and I want to think of it as happy and I''m just weird like that!)
20.gif

jen
plus I just tried it on the other way in front of him and we both agree it looks odd to us. how funny!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful ring, congratulations on your engagement!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
wow this is so beautiful!! I really like the halo on a pear, I just think this shape stone is made for that look!!!

I really love the side shot, too.. I would leave it the way it is!

Congratulations on your engagement and may you have many happy years together.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
That is just gorgeous.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Jen, you crack me up. I was thinking, too, though, that the other way would look like a tear drop. How cute it is that you want to wear it the way he put it on your finger, though. I just love it when other people are as goofy as I am about things like that.

It''s beautiful and if you decide later on that you want another look, you can let the point face away from you then. Heehee!

Do you sleep with it on? This is something that just really intrigues me, I can''t figure out if it''s "bad" to sleep with your ring on or not, so I like to just ask opinions.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you guys for all the wonderful comments and the opinions too! I have decided to leave it as is --- I agree that it is delicate by itself and I''ve also taken into consideration the fact that those little bars holding the halo are rounded, so the chance of actually seeing any diamonds on them is slim (maybe 1 a piece?? not worth it!) I''m glad some of you think soalso. I guess I was in the mindset of more bling is better!
31.gif

Fisher -- i have been sleeping with it on for these last 2 nights. I don''t trust myself to take it off yet! I''m going to HAVE to today though, b/c dirty dishes are calling me --- I just have all these horrible visios of drains and trash cans! EEK.
23.gif

jen

PS Thank you FireGoddess for having the perfect model for my ring -- Yours is exactly what I''ve dreampt of (and it''s nice that they''re alike, but still a little different!)

jen

lili

Ideal_Rock
sk8rjen,

your son is very perceptive. it does look very big on your finger.
i was thinking that it's >1.5ct myself.
it is very lovely. i've always have a soft spot for halos.
hey, your ring could be firegoddess' twin
1.gif

regarding which way the point of the pear goes:
i've heard that if you are married or taken, you wear it with the point pointing toward your heart.
and if you are available, it points out.
i say wear it the way you like it.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats....I just love your pear. It''s really a great looking pear. Love the halo. What kind of wedding ring would you choose? Maybe a matching band of diamonds?
2.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I love your ring, especially the sparkles and the pink color reflecting off the stone in that first picture! It''s absolutely lovely.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Goth and Cinderella!

Goth -- to answer your question, we have the wedding band already and you are right, it''s a matching eternity band
9.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous, Jen. I''m glad you decided to leave the bars as-is. They''re so delicate & I like the contrast between shiny & sparkly.
1.gif

Enjoy your beautiful ring & congrats again on your engagement!
36.gif

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Jen, the ring looks gorgeous! Congrats on the engagement.
36.gif

I don''t think it''s silly at all that you want to wear the ring the way he put it on you. It''s kinda cute, if you think about it. Hee.

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful ring. I wear it just the way you do.. to me it is pointing to the heart. I wear a ring that has a point and I always wear the point in towards the heart. Now my girls wear there''s pointing out. So I guess it''s just the way you like it. Made rings for my girls out of old ring so we all have the same ring except for the birthstones...again Congradulations on your engagement and your pretty ring!!
35.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~BUMP!!! I would love to see more pics of your ring (it reminds me of Katherine Heigl''s)...
30.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2006 8:42:14 PM
Author: bling*diva*
~~BUMP!!! I would love to see more pics of your ring (it reminds me of Katherine Heigl's)...
30.gif
I'm sure what you meant to say was that Katherine Heigl's reminds you of Jen's ring.
2.gif
She may be famous, but we were here first!!! LOL.
9.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~OOPS!!! I did say it wrong!!! Either way it goes, you and sk8rjen have some beautiful bling!!!
30.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 10:40:15 PM
Author: sk8rjen
Thanks Goth and Cinderella!

Goth -- to answer your question, we have the wedding band already and you are right, it''s a matching eternity band
9.gif

~~Do you have any pics with the matching band???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results