shape
carat
color
clarity

I feel a project coming on...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Several months ago I got this beautiful 2.63 ct eternity band as an anniversary gift. I absolutely adore it and because it looks funny with my emerald cut engagement ring (see photo), I started wearing my engagement ring on my right hand. I am fine with that because I think the eternity band is substantial enough to wear on its own and I currently have some issues with the engagement ring anyway: 1) the trilliants are poorly cut and have visible inclusions. When they are not freshly cleaned, they resemble the e-bay “frozen spit” we see here from time to time. Even when clean, they’re not great. 2) the band is yellow gold and would really prefer platinum.

So here’s where I could use some advice. Since I should re-set the ring anyway, is it possible to do it in a way that is complementary to the eternity band? It would be nice to be able to wear them together for times I would like maximal blinginess. I know mixing emerald cuts and rounds isn’t usually done but there was a Tiffany emerald cut at Signed Pieces a few months ago that did it in an interesting way (picture below). Or maybe better cut trilliants would do the trick? Do you think either would look nice with the eternity band, or would the size of the eternity band over-power my more modest engagement ring (1.25 carat, 7.13 x 5.6 x 3.57) Any other ideas? I also love the DCD split shank asscher shown and if I can’t find a way to make my emerald cut work with the eternity band, I am thinking about re-setting my center stone in something like that…Any and all opinions welcome!!!

ewithwclose_RT8.jpg

momothree

Shiny_Rock
The Tiffany one...

tiffemeraldwlittlerounds.jpg

momothree

Shiny_Rock
The split shank for the right hand (or when the eternity band needs to rest)

sqsplitpave.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results