shape
carat
color
clarity

!!I Engagment Ring !!! No idea

Mamill

Rough_Rock
photo_191.jpg

So this is the ring my gf would like its $9000. She wants to make it to save money as we live in Australia. Her idea is to purchase the diamonds overseas then get it made here, sometime next year etc.
I want to marry her now.

I need help with getting this ring made. I know a little on diamonds and through this site and my own research I have a good idea on the main diamond but not much for the rest.

Overall the ring above is only .7 something carats. I aim to have a .8+ main diamond, but what about the weight of the other two and the diamonds for the halo and the dual pave band??

Details:
Diamonds: Three diamonds, main with halo. (.8+ round cut, high quality (excellent cut, and clarity) a little luminescence is fine)
Band: Pave(?is that right), it consists of two very thin bands
Band material: Platinum (the above is rose gold)
Size: J
Budget (for total ring): $4-7K

So how do I get this made and select all the diamonds?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
Michael

Mamill

Rough_Rock
That's amazingly close. The only difference is the band is made up of two very slim bands. In the picture above you can just make it out.

So with the link you showed do I choose a diamond on the site or can I choose any diamond then they put it in that style?

Thanks for that link. It looks like it may be easier than I feared! :D

Cheers
Michael

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can choose any vendor that sells Ritani, or you can go with Ritani's inventory.

Whiteflash is a Ritani vendor and has an excellent reputation.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't know what you mean by two bands. Are you saying that the shank (the ring around the actual finger)-- that thin ring in the picture, is actually two bands?

I would call Ritani, they customize easily and affordably and ask them how much that modification of the setting would cost.

Whiteflash carries Ritani and they can do that for you and you can put this gorgeous stone in it: http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2962084.htm

Ideal light performance, hearts and arrows faceting. Doesn't get any better than that. :wavey:

Mamill

Rough_Rock
JulieN and Gypsy, you guys are great! Didn't expect so much help so quickly!

That stone looks amazing Gypsy! :appl: :appl:

If you look at the picture it is a dual band micropave (I think is the right name). I stole the photo from her, she doesn't know I have it, or that I'm on here. I will try go into the store tomorrow and get a better picture.

Another question. When I buy a 3 stone ring do I purchase all three main stones?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not with that Ritani setting. It's very common that in settings have sidestones 25 points or less are provided as part of the setting (that's why the settings are so expensive). With the proportions of your settings those sidestones are going to be much less than 25 points.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Most of the time you would buy the center stone and the side stones would be part of the setting. especially if you are buying a stock setting like this as opposed to custom.

ps. buying stones locally and having them set in australia does cost more. you can save money buying from the USA. bear in mind though that while you will likely save money buying the stone and having it set by a USA vendor, you will have to pay 10% gst when it comes through customs. You can also get hit with an extra 5% customs, but you can get the vendor to fill in a form to avoid this as part of our fair trade agreement. i forget what its called but it's on PS somewhere. If you're buying from a large well known vendor they will likely be aware of this already

also some people might combine their purchase with a trip to the US to pick it up thereby avoiding the gst. obviously this is illegal. but a more fun way to spend the 10% than straight to the government

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
hippi_pixi|1395213262|3637104 said:
If you're buying from a large well known vendor they will likely be aware of this already

That's why I recommended Whiteflash. :wavey:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see two bands, and it is way too thin to safely be two bands.

Mamill

Rough_Rock
Thanks again guys for the help.

Your right gypsy it is one band, but near the top it splits into two micropave rows. Has anyone seen something like that, or would whiteflash be able to create it?

Also with the main diamond less than 1 carat what is the most important of the four c's
Cheers
Michael :twirl:

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cut

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Save yourself a lot of trouble and just get the Ritani setting.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get better pictures. Send it to Whiteflash, have them have Ritani customize to match and go from there. :wavey:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1395275177|3637622 said:
Save yourself a lot of trouble and just get the Ritani setting.

Ding ding agreed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results