shape
carat
color
clarity

I didn't know where else to post this... RESIZING?

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
How much does it usually cost to go UP in ring sizing. Its 14k yellow gold at a size 4.5 needing to go up 1 and a 1/2 size to a size 6.
The bottom of the ring is about 2mm.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You may not even be able to size it that high up. I've always heard you don't want to size up or down more than a size in either direction and that's really depending on the style of the band we're talking about. Does it have diamonds? A design engraved on it? These things make a difference when you're considering sizing a band.

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
ABKIS|1328567336|3120398 said:
You may not even be able to size it that high up. I've always heard you don't want to size up or down more than a size in either direction and that's really depending on the style of the band we're talking about. Does it have diamonds? A design engraved on it? These things make a difference when you're considering sizing a band.

Its a 7 stone diamond ring:
ring2_16.jpg
ring4_1.jpg

I always heard its usually 2 sizes up & 2 sizes down?

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
Does it look like an easy fix? Anyone?? I am sweating over here! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think a good jeweler MAY be able to size it up, but you'd probably be able to see where the new metal was added. I would be worried to size it up that far though, but that's just my personal opinion. I keep looking at the side few and trying to think about what would happen to the prongs while they are sizing it but to be honest, I'm not 100% sure.

Do you have a jeweler who you feel is competent and that you're comfortable working with? If so, I'd take it to them and see what they say. It may be possible, but I really don't think it will be. Maybe they can go up a size, but a size and a half may be pushing it. But again - you're jeweler would be the best person to ask. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!!

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ha, I meant I keep looking at the side view :bigsmile:

warmdiamondlove

Rough_Rock
I called & asked them (local jeweler very nice & been here for many years) & explained to them what the ring looked like. They said they should be able to. I am hoping so! Otherwise I will have to get the stones put in a new setting (which I don't want to have to do because they is more $$$ when I just got the ring today!) :/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results