shape
carat
color
clarity

I clarity diamonds

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I thought it might be helpful to show a recent purchase because the stone is an I1 clarity diamond. A lot of people seem to ask questions about I clarity stones in terms of value for money vs quality. This is the first I clarity diamond I have bought and I selected it after seeing in person a huge umber of stones.

This is an unusual stone because the inclusions which result in the I1 grading are transparent feathers which are almost entirely eclipsed by the diamond's brilliance due to an excellent cut. I have a personal aversion to carbon spots of even the smallest dimensions in my diamonds but can happily live with the feathers in this stone. Most people when they look at your ring will seek out black spots and look into the depths of the stone so twining wisps, small clouds or feathers are often seemingly invisible to the lay person.

Of course it is vital to inspect especially I clarity stones with your own eye as a grading report simply cannot adequately give an adequate description.

If you enlarge the pics below you will see the feather on the left side of the stone.

This diamond is graded k colour but has a strong blue flouresence meaning it appears whiter than its grade. It's 4.06 carats and radiant cut with very good polish and symmetry.

Price per carat was $4,700 ($19k for the stone). Great value for money if you're looking for a larger diamond.

2015-10-18_12.jpg

20151018_122537_3.jpg

20151018_113806.jpg

kewpee

Rough_Rock
I think you have a beautiful diamond. I'm like you and look to get the most bang for my buck and that takes patience and time. Grace recently had a I1 diamond for sale on her website and it looked beautiful as well as a good value. Agree that you must view the diamond in person. I've seen diamonds with good specs on paper that are ugly as hell.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Big and beautiful!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I always thought I diamonds were invariably ugly until I started really digging.

Love the below image which is a perfect example of two identically graded diamonds and how different they can be:

_34923.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A large percentage of I1s are hideous but a small percentage with specific types of inclusions are great bluff stones particularly those that are either eye clean or near eye clean, they are the stones that are great finds....

pinkgem2522

Shiny_Rock
Nice sized stone! and gorgeous too! :love:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One of the best clarities for diamonds!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had a fancy light yellow pear diamond that was I1 and I loved it. Sometimes the inclusions get hidden by the facets which is perfect. It's definitely a case-by-case sort of thing though.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your ring! Thanks for sharing your experience and info. Your diamond is very pretty! :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
This stone is an eye-deuce, but even jewelers that I've showed it need to loupe ir before they believe me. It's a 1.10 ct F colored Eightstar, the large stone in the pendant shown.

LW-EightstarI-2.jpg

LW-Eightstar110-close-2.jpg

090710g.jpg

090710d%5B1%5D.jpg

WithACAring-2.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your I1s, Ionysis and Andelain!

I am also the proud owner of an I1 stone as well. It was in a particular setting that I loved, and to get a loose stone and similar setting would have cost significantly more. The I1 stone saved me a bunch and allowed me to have what I couldn't have had otherwise. Thank you for your thread, Ionysis. It helps show that there is definitely a place in the world for I1 stones, especially for right-hand rings.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-halo-ring.206645/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-halo-ring.206645/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results