shape
carat
color
clarity

I can't believe this used to be an "O" AVC

jacobctrenmore

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

First I would like to say thank you to everyone on PS who generously provided their insight and opinions. I recently received my completed E-ring back from the jeweler and it looks fantastic. I ended up going with 18 carat YG in James Meyer inspired band crafted by one of the local jewelers. I've included some pics of the original stone as well as the stone in the new setting. I hope she likes it!

On a Side Note: I also looked through the forums quite a bit on the topic of YG and its effects on lower colored stones. In my opinion, the yellow gold setting does a fantastic job of contrasting the lower colored stone and makes it look relatively more white. . . although it could be the cut of the AVC . . . :D

Stone Stats:

2.11ct August Vintage Cushion
O-Color
SI1 (eye clean)
7.58x7.45x5.03

_7457.jpg

_7458.jpg

_7459.jpg

_7460.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! This is gorgeous!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: Amazing stone and beautiful setting. Really really gorgeous! I cannot believe it's an O either. I hope I am posting while you are posting more pics of this beauty. Wear her in health and happiness! :appl:

jacobctrenmore

Rough_Rock
Here are some more pics (in different lightings)

_7461.jpg

_7462.jpg

_7463.jpg

_7464.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:appl: Beautiful!

I think not being able to see the color in profile helps it to look whiter. Congrats on this amazing ring!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's gorgeous!!!! The setting is perfect for it! I wish you all the best with the proposal!!! Please come back with more pictures after you give it to her. Oh, and ask to have this thread moved to the "Show me the ring" thread by hitting "report concern" and asking. Good luck!!!

jacobctrenmore

Rough_Rock
These are two pics... this is the most color I could get it to show.

_7465.jpg

_7467.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! This is STUNNING!! :love:

I love the contrast of the 18K yellow gold! The euroshank is a nice touch too! Great job! :appl: :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!!!!!

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Re: I can't believe this used to be an "O" AVC

Wow!! Beautiful. I love love love the setting. The bezel is perfect. The stone looks perfect in it. Hand shots?
Wear it in good health!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the first James Meyer I remember seeing in yg. It's stunning!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a STUNNING diamond and the setting is just as stunning!! The diamond could rival any higher colour stone! Certainly the bezel and the YG really add to the 'whitening' effect!

Gorgeous - fabulous ring!! Good luck on your proposal!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum! Really beautiful!!! I love it!

nicoleanne

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I've never seen a JM repro so finely done. May I ask the name of the jeweler that created it?

Love the euro shank, too! The AVC and JM is a brilliant combination!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Re: I can't believe this used to be an "O" AVC

Absolutely stunning!!!!

A large antique cushion in a YG bezel is pretty much my holy grail so I'll be visiting this page often!

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
mmm mmmm mmmmmm
Just delicous. Beautiful stone and stunning setting.

Congrats! :appl:

jacobctrenmore

Rough_Rock
Nicoleanne,

The ring was made at a place called Chalmers Jewelers in Madison, WI (near where I am located). I really liked the JM style rings, but I felt comfortable dealing with someone in person (plus they allow you to use your own stones, which it nice!). They have a really nice CAD program ans were able to send me several 3D graphic renders in various gold colors, etc. before they created the wax. If you want more information, I can get you into contact with the person I worked with; they were extremely helpful and fast (I think it took around 3 weeks from the time I walked in with a bunch of pictures of what I was looking for until today when I picked it up).

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! I love that! So delicate and beautiful. Well done! :appl: :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: And it is good you identified the maker since they did such an excellent job! The AVC is perfect for that setting!

chicam

Shiny_Rock
I want more info on who made this setting please. It's absolutely beautiful and the stone is so well complimented by the setting. Just beautiful.
How can I contact them please?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is stunning! Please propose quickly so that we can get a few handshots!! :naughty:

phale

Shiny_Rock
I dont believe it's an O either.

Your setting is TDF, everything is gorgeousssss!!!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Absolutely stunning - the stone is lovely and the setting is gorgeous.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Oh it's absolutely heavenly!!!! Beautiful stone and ring!! Please come back with hand shots :bigsmile:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that's stunning! Who would know it's an O. The setting is perfect.

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
WOW that profile shot.. YUM.

Spesh2011

Rough_Rock
Oh my .... this is absolutely stunning. WOW! :appl:

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring could not be anymore perfect!!!! You did an Outstanding job.... it's amazing! :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Wow-two of my favorite things in one! I love JM settings and would have been thrilled to own a JM ring, your jeweler did a fantastic job of recreating the elements of the original. Your AVC diamond is gorgeous, the YG is a perfect compliment to the color.
Please post handshots after the proposal. I'm sure the lucky lady will be blown away!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness! It is perfect!!!! :love: lovely to see YG & I tend to agree that it has discussed the tint - it looks great :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results