shape
carat
color
clarity

I bought it! Now what?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jongleur

Rough_Rock
So I came here a few days ago, woefully uneducated, and I''ve done everything I can to learn. I started a thread about the almost-fully-custom engagement ring I''m trying to put together, and today I placed the order for the center stone:

0.92 carat H&A ideal cut from James Allen

It should arrive tomorrow. I have asked for the IdealScope, and in another thread, people said it looks great.

What else do I need to do when I have it in hand? Should I take it to a jeweler, buy an IdealScope and look at it myself, or if it "looks good" to us, is that good enough?

We have 30 days, but I''d like to make the decision to keep it or not within a week.

Thanks for your help! This place has been an absolute godsend, and you can bet I''ll steer everyone I can your way.

- Chris

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Chris,

That is an excellent diamond you have there, what to do next depends on your preference. JA have an excellent rep here, if you would like to do so you could get an independant appraisal on your diamond. Here is a tool you can use to find an appraiser in your area.

https://www.pricescope.com/appr_list.aspx

But as I said it is up to your comfort level, if you want extra reassurance then get the appraisal but also be confident that you picked a good diamond - it is a very well cut rock so use your eyes to ultimately judge it!

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
The diamond looks great.

I think that you are in good shape!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Lorelei--looks great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results