shape
carat
color
clarity

I asked a question and a stranger from the internet sent me platinum: a Wink Jones story

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I have not heard about a nice good deed in so long. The testimonials are so amazing that they remind me of my old, very old jeweler. I would call and let him know what I was looking for. He would source the stones and get me the best for my budget. I would tell him the type of setting he would opine, rarely and only when asked, and the finished piece would be flawless. He is long gone but I think about him every day when I look at my pieces. It is all about TRUST! Now I gotta find Wink...

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Update: it worked! She can wear platinum!!!

The mountings @Wink sent are 95% platinum alloyed with 5% ruthenium, if anyone else out there with sensitive skin is curious. So that is the blend we will be looking for for her in the future. Apparently it is also common to find platinum/iridium alloys.

I had hoped to purchase a pair of platinum studs from Blue Nile for her as they have a selection that are very low priced, but their customer service got back to me yesterday that their platinum alloy is platinum and copper. So glad I asked! Copper is one of the metals to which my daughter is sensitive, so that is a no-go. This process has been a great education for me—platinum is not platinum when it comes to metal sensitivities. Ask about the alloy and find out what else is in there!

Thanks again to @Wink and @Winks_Elf for being such incredible humans. This has been a lovely experience and I’m so glad to have connected with you both!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: it worked! She can wear platinum!!!

The mountings @Wink sent are 95% platinum alloyed with 5% ruthenium, if anyone else out there with sensitive skin is curious. So that is the blend we will be looking for for her in the future. Apparently it is also common to find platinum/iridium alloys.

I had hoped to purchase a pair of platinum studs from Blue Nile for her as they have a selection that are very low priced, but their customer service got back to me yesterday that their platinum alloy is platinum and copper. So glad I asked! Copper is one of the metals to which my daughter is sensitive, so that is a no-go. This process has been a great education for me—platinum is not platinum when it comes to metal sensitivities. Ask about the alloy and find out what else is in there!

Thanks again to @Wink and @Winks_Elf for being such incredible humans. This has been a lovely experience and I’m so glad to have connected with you both!
Maybe Wink can find you a pair in the size/price you want. HPD has incredible diamonds with a wonderful trade-up and in policy. If your daughter is active, I'd see if Wink can get screw backs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results