shape
carat
color
clarity

I asked a question and a stranger from the internet sent me platinum: a Wink Jones story

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
If you have been on these forums for any length of time (even the few months I have!), you will have seen people rave about Wink Jones and High Performance Diamonds. I just want to share my experience this week, because I am so very impressed.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ddle-school-girl-with-metal-allergies.243948/

Earlier this week I asked a question to the forum, trying to find studs for my daughter who is struggling with metal allergies. I was wondering what metals we might try or where we might find platinum studs to see if those would work for her. I got some great advice.

And then Wink Jones stepped in. He offered to send me a pair of platinum earring mountings he had sitting empty in his safe, at no charge, for her to try. When we have determined whether the metal will work for her, we will send the mountings back to him.

The mountings arrived yesterday and we are thrilled to begin trying them to see whether platinum will be an option for her. I just wanted to say again, thank you @Wink for your wonderful and unexpected generosity to an absolute stranger. You truly are a gem.

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It's just amazing, right? I haven't "met" Wink but then again, I never met a Jones I didn't like.
Here's hoping the earlobes in question have zero reaction!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! :clap:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love to hear this, but honestly it doesn't surprise me. If you spend anytime reading information here on PS, you will see that @Wink genuinely cares about people and is in this business because it's his love and passion. I don't know a way to better compliment a guy than to say he does something for the right reasons. It is very apparent that Wink is one of those guys. The diamond world would be a much sadder place without him in it. Although I am not nearly as close to him as many of you are, I certainly appreciate his kindness, helpfulness and just overall respect for humankind. Wink has already went far and will continue to do so because of his dedication to people in general.

Thank you Wink for being you and giving us an example of what we should all strive to be in our own individual facets of life. Cheers buddy! :cool2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink is the best. #1 guy in my book! :clap::clap:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome. Wink is the best

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'll look out for them on Ebay! Just joking, good going @Wink. Hope they do the trick with your daughter.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is awesome :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This place is the BEST!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have been on these forums for any length of time (even the few months I have!), you will have seen people rave about Wink Jones and High Performance Diamonds. I just want to share my experience this week, because I am so very impressed.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ddle-school-girl-with-metal-allergies.243948/

Earlier this week I asked a question to the forum, trying to find studs for my daughter who is struggling with metal allergies. I was wondering what metals we might try or where we might find platinum studs to see if those would work for her. I got some great advice.

And then Wink Jones stepped in. He offered to send me a pair of platinum earring mountings he had sitting empty in his safe, at no charge, for her to try. When we have determined whether the metal will work for her, we will send the mountings back to him.

The mountings arrived yesterday and we are thrilled to begin trying them to see whether platinum will be an option for her. I just wanted to say again, thank you @Wink for your wonderful and unexpected generosity to an absolute stranger. You truly are a gem.
Class act...Such a nice human thing to do...

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! I echo PP, class act all the way!

aussiemel

Rough_Rock
That's a very thoughtful thing for Wink to do, it's so nice to read about things like this with all the sadness we hear about in the world.

Wink, humanity needs more people like you :clap::razz:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice. I hope the platinum works for her.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wink is awesome. Just plain awesome.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink is just good people all around.
He has been my personal jeweler since 2004.
I have so much trust in him that I bought all five of my CBI diamonds without personally seeing them first. A video and Wink's word was all that I needed.

Flowers from Cheryl.jpg

Those were flowers that I sent to him and Jamie after the completion of HPD Trilogie (CBI 3-stone ring).

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink is just good people all around.

Yes, he is. He’s one of those gems who will make time for you just because he genuinely cares - whether or not there’s a jewellery sale involved. I feel privileged to call him “friend”.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, he is. He’s one of those gems who will make time for you just because he genuinely cares - whether or not there’s a jewellery sale involved. I feel privileged to call him “friend”.

I do too. In fact when I was released from the hospital after my brain surgery, Wink was the very first person that I called. But I also called him at 10 pm at night to put a matched set of CBI diamonds on hold for me too, lol.

LoveWins

Rough_Rock

I’ve talked to Wink it felt like for hours at a time and he is a true genuine honest person. Words can’t describe my experience but just off of Wink alone and his willingness to talk, listen, and give his perspective I’m a HPD Customer for life. I can’t wait to get my ering/wedding band from them.

LoveWins

Rough_Rock
Love to hear this, but honestly it doesn't surprise me. If you spend anytime reading information here on PS, you will see that @Wink genuinely cares about people and is in this business because it's his love and passion. I don't know a way to better compliment a guy than to say he does something for the right reasons. It is very apparent that Wink is one of those guys. The diamond world would be a much sadder place without him in it. Although I am not nearly as close to him as many of you are, I certainly appreciate his kindness, helpfulness and just overall respect for humankind. Wink has already went far and will continue to do so because of his dedication to people in general.

Thank you Wink for being you and giving us an example of what we should all strive to be in our own individual facets of life. Cheers buddy! :cool2:

You summed it up he truly is a rarity! A very good ethical honest kind passionate knowledgeable human.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
That's awesome! It's nice to hear stories like this. @Wink is a true gentlemen! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
Wink is a really neat guy all around. He would be a blast to hand out with! :kiss2:

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I've known Wink for years and his willingness to help you doesn't surprise me at all...

(but it's really cool of you to post this and acknowledge his kindness)

But what we really want to know, is how are your daughter's ears doing with the platinum studs?

egemnoel

Shiny_Rock
Why am I not surprised at Wink! What a kind gesture. Not just Wink but his team and also Crafted By Infinity, they are setting new standards.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I've known Wink for years and his willingness to help you doesn't surprise me at all...

(but it's really cool of you to post this and acknowledge his kindness)

But what we really want to know, is how are your daughter's ears doing with the platinum studs?

So far it looks good! Which is really encouraging. She hasn’t had them in for that long at a time, though—keeps taking them out to go places. (They are empty mountings.) So I’m hoping to get her to wear them all day to see how longer will do. I’m super encouraged that it’s been ok thus far though...in the past she has reacted badly to metals in as little time as two hours!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results