shape
carat
color
clarity

I am so excited!! BG Recut

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It does take a while but SO worth it. You will be blown away. He recut 2 of mine as I've mentioned previously. I am constantly being complimented, so much so a number of those people have gone to Brian to purchase their diamonds!

prettypaper01

Shiny_Rock
It does take a while but SO worth it. You will be blown away. He recut 2 of mine as I've mentioned previously. I am constantly being complimented, so much so a number of those people have gone to Brian to purchase their diamonds!

Thank you for the reassurance :) How long did yours take?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the reassurance :) How long did yours take?

Definitely 6 but perhaps a little more + they have to send to AGS for the report and also I bought a new ring mounting that they sent to the manufacturer to have them set the stone. And then my other one took an extended time longer than normal because it was when Covid was just starting so we had the shutdown. Also, that one had to go back to the cutter to have a little more polishing done to get the AGS000. So then it had to go back to AGS again for the final report. And for that one they mounted the diamond themselves so that part was fast because they had the pendant mounting made to fit the stone once they knew the measurements so it would be ready when the stone was ready. Patience is a virtue!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They recut a stone for me and I don't recall now how long it took. But I would expect everything to take longer now. Many cutting facilities were likely closed partially during Covid and I'd not be concerned if it takes much longer than the typical time prior to the pandemic. I am sure it will be beautiful and worth the wait!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also had BG recut my diamond. I think you’ll be very happy.

fel

Shiny_Rock
Looks just about perfect!!!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Simply can’t ask for more! Look at the symmetry of the ASET, everything is much better aligned. Those less intense light return in green is largely eliminated.

Brian says “all in the heart”. Look at the hearts image~:) I wish I have a larger diamond as a recut candidate to send to Brian for a make over! Sadly ours are too small…

Photo, video please ~

prettypaper01

Shiny_Rock
I just spoke with Brian and I am so so happy! He needs to rebuild my prongs, but he hopes to get my ring back to me possibly by the end of the week. He also let me know that even though it isn't necessary (as this is my "forever diamond"), that it is eligible to be branded as a BGD H+A (!!!). The fact that I will be the proud owner of a BGD caliber ideal diamond is just surreal; truly a dream come true! Glamour shots to come :kiss2: Huge thank you to Brian, Leslie and Emily!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The recut looks gorgeous, and I'm very happy for you!

prettypaper01

Shiny_Rock
Wow this is so hard to photograph - excuse the hair stuck in the prong. I tried to get some different lighting; my cell phone case is black and blue so definitely picking that up. I am VERY happy. The recut was 100% worth every penny. I see beautiful arrows, crazy flashes of light and color, and whatever I was seeing before in terms of leakage is gone :kiss2:

prettypaper01

Shiny_Rock
I am trying to capture the arrows as I see them on my phone without much luck... I will clean and try again. Brian reshaped my prongs and they are so much prettier now! The only things about the whole process that were less than ideal were: wait time (but by no means at the fault of BG - things are just crazy right now and the wait was well worth it!!), loss of diameter (while minimal I can still tell, although this was a big risk I was well aware of and willing to take) and lastly I specifically requested that Brian set it slightly higher than when it came in, so that I could see the smallest bit of air under the cutlet so that it didn't appear to touch the metal. He told me he would set it as high as he reasonably could without compromising the diamond, but there is no air whatsoever - although I know they aren't, the diamond looks like it is touching all the prongs and setting, with no spaces anywhere... I didn't want it obnoxiously high, but just for cleaning purposes. Since he is so far away I am not going to say anything, but that was really the only thing in terms of surprise or disappointment. I would definitely recommend him and would hire him again in a heartbeat!!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Wow this is so hard to photograph - excuse the hair stuck in the prong. I tried to get some different lighting; my cell phone case is black and blue so definitely picking that up. I am VERY happy. The recut was 100% worth every penny. I see beautiful arrows, crazy flashes of light and color, and whatever I was seeing before in terms of leakage is gone :kiss2:

It must be a fireball!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks stunning!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I love when you can see the hearts and arrows.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful - congrats on your newly recut diamond!!

prettypaper01

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunningly beautiful... I'm so happy for you and glad you weren't talked out of the recut. So, how does it feel to be the proud owner of a 'BGD H+A' forever diamond? I bet you're doing cart wheels!!! :dance:

Thank you so much! I am - I am so happy!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results