shape
carat
color
clarity

I am really bummed.....

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
to ccn-a similar happening to me @5yrs ago when i was building an alex pendent-the jeweler dropped one of the stones & on the way to the floor hit 2 hard items-the stone broke apart-the teck called me & explained what happened-took respon. for the loss but told me to order a new stone & they would cover any cost-the stone was ordered & placed in the pendent-actually was a little cleaner than the broken one-at that time the gold work was @$600.00 & the new stone was @$500.00-they offered to cover the gold work & i was good for that-the pendent was completed & they r still my jewelers of choice today-they have done over 25 of my pendents & maintain them for me at no cost-good jewelers r out there-sounds like urs is trying 2 work w/u-best of luck-my 2cnts....

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too noticed that the replacement stone is too small. :blackeye: The BK rubellite is 4.94mm and the Dan Stair stone is 5.1mm.... the jeweler said the DS stone may be a hair too big. The head where the stone sets is somewhat like a vintage "buttercup" type setting which can make a stone look a little less lively than it is IRL even more reason to have a brighter stone set into it. Mark my words, I will find such a stone as this deserves to have a beautiful stone placed into it.

Thanks for sharing your story Steve. I have hope that all will work out in the near future.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
cushion, I saw your comment in another thread - have you tried finding a replacement yet?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cellentani|1289966138|2769510 said:
cushion, I saw your comment in another thread - have you tried finding a replacement yet?

I originally had the Dan Stair garnet to replace it...but the color of the BK rubellite made my heart sing. I would like to get another one from him if possible and in the near future. I would love to do a tsavorite.... but I would need to find a jeweler that will set it. :errrr:

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut|1289967043|2769526 said:
cellentani|1289966138|2769510 said:

I originally had the Dan Stair garnet to replace it...but the color of the BK rubellite made my heart sing. I would like to get another one from him if possible and in the near future. I would love to do a tsavorite.... but I would need to find a jeweler that will set it. :errrr:

I don't know what he has available, but I do know he had a shipment of rubellite a few weeks ago - might be worth checking.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I considered checking into it again Cellantani, but I am just hoping his customer service is coming up to par. I wrote a bit explanation of it on another thread, but then I accidently hit something on my computer while typing and it erased it. I was too tired at the time to retype it. In a nutshell, he shipped me the rubellite no charge Priority Mail. When I received the package, it was sent later than he stated (no biggie), but the way it was packaged, I thought for sure it would have been stolen out of the Priority box. There was not tape around the box, and the box was all beat up with a slight rip. I immediately got my camera out to take pictures of the box showing that it had been tampered with. When I opened the box, it was in there in a crack baggie .... :nono: It was fine, but he sent it uninsured and I had often wondered who's fault it would be if the stone was not in there??? I just get the impression that some peoples personalities march to the beat of their own drum and he is one of them. I did tell him about the broken stone but, he really didn't want to offer some kind of remedy. I did see on his current listings that he can recut stones . I would think that maybe he could have offered for me to send back the stone and see if it could be recut. Nada.... just that he was sorry and that it was an expensive rough. No kidding...........!! Thanks for listening to me. I just seem to have bad luck with certain vendors while others have great success. I can't afford to keep taking chances.........

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut|1290008325|2769898 said:
I considered checking into it again Cellantani, but I am just hoping his customer service is coming up to par. I wrote a bit explanation of it on another thread, but then I accidently hit something on my computer while typing and it erased it. I was too tired at the time to retype it. In a nutshell, he shipped me the rubellite no charge Priority Mail. When I received the package, it was sent later than he stated (no biggie), but the way it was packaged, I thought for sure it would have been stolen out of the Priority box. There was not tape around the box, and the box was all beat up with a slight rip. I immediately got my camera out to take pictures of the box showing that it had been tampered with. When I opened the box, it was in there in a crack baggie .... :nono: It was fine, but he sent it uninsured and I had often wondered who's fault it would be if the stone was not in there??? I just get the impression that some peoples personalities march to the beat of their own drum and he is one of them. I did tell him about the broken stone but, he really didn't want to offer some kind of remedy. I did see on his current listings that he can recut stones . I would think that maybe he could have offered for me to send back the stone and see if it could be recut. Nada.... just that he was sorry and that it was an expensive rough. No kidding...........!! Thanks for listening to me. I just seem to have bad luck with certain vendors while others have great success. I can't afford to keep taking chances.........
I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles, cushion - I know you're not the only one who's had issues with this vendor. I started a thread for you a couple months ago, hoping you'd see it, but I don't think you did: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-cushioncutnut.150008/#post-2718024#p2718024']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-cushioncutnut.150008/#post-2718024#p2718024[/URL]

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cellentani|1290033617|2770468 said:
cushioncutnut|1290008325|2769898 said:
I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles, cushion - I know you're not the only one who's had issues with this vendor. I started a thread for you a couple months ago, hoping you'd see it, but I don't think you did: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-cushioncutnut.150008/#post-2718024#p2718024']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-cushioncutnut.150008/#post-2718024#p2718024[/URL]

I responded. Thank so much for letting me know. I hope he can work it out to re-cut. Fingers crossed. I will try to contact him! :))

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
You know, I'm not sure a recut is possible on a 5mm stone, but I imagine he won't know until he sees it in person.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cellentani|1290036068|2770547 said:
You know, I'm not sure a recut is possible on a 5mm stone, but I imagine he won't know until he sees it in person.

Yes, I won't get too excited. Not only is the stone smaller, but the way it is chipped has me more concerned about doing a recut.... :errrr:

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Don't understand why someone would be any more worried about setting a tsav than setting a tourmaline - neither has cleavage. Now setting a sphene I could understand, but garnets are pretty straightforward.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just noticed the BK has a 5 mm rubellite for sale now that has gorgeous color. Not as clean as yours, but the color is stunning.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1290210085|2773539 said:
Just noticed the BK has a 5 mm rubellite for sale now that has gorgeous color. Not as clean as yours, but the color is stunning.

OOH... thanks for letting me know!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results