shape
carat
color
clarity

I am LIVID!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, I am seriously FLIPPING out.

So we have neighbors that have 2 dogs. HUUGGGE dogs. A german sheperd and a lab/pittbull mix. Now I just want to say I love dogs, I don''t own one but I love them. But the fence between their property and ours is kind of falling down. They have an underground pool and two dogs which they let out at all hours of the night...which barks at 2:00 am. And the dogs are freaking aggressive and I''m scared of them.

YESTURDAY, the dogs squeezed between the fences and were in our yard. I noticed them tearing into the garbage bags. So I went to the neighbors house and knocked, and politely told them their dogs had gotten free. No mention of the trash. The guy did not fix the fence, instead put a wheelbarrow in front of the hole between the fence and the hedge (whoa...what a solution genius
20.gif
)

So TODAY at 18:00 I hear the woman in our driveway and she is calling the dogs. I hear my fence to my yard open, and figure she''s going into our yard to get the dogs. I was studying and thought, "oh the dogs got out again", didn''t get up from the couch. In any case at 20:00 I decide to go look at my birdfeeder, because that''s what I do when I am sad.

So what do I see? There is trash scattered ALL OVER the backyard. ALL OVER. The dogs ripped 4 of our garbage bags and scattered it everywhere. I took freaking pictures.

But here''s the kicker. Our neighbor didn''t even BOTHER to pick it up. And I think assumed no one was home (the car is gone) but DIDN''T even bother to TRY and ring the bell to tell me what had happened. What is wrong with people?????

So a) dogs in the yard b) you come onto my property to get the dogs without asking me c) the dogs tear the garbage d) you don''t pick it up e) the kicker is that you don''t even bother to ring the doorbell to tell me?

I seriously had my coat on and I was on the phone with FSIL to go over and tell them to pick that stuff up AND tell them they have to fix THEIR fence. But the guy is a bit *special* I don''t know, scary, so FSIL told me not to because it''s dark, no one is home or around me, and she was afraid I would have an altercation and it wasn''t safe.

I think I''m calling the city tomorrow and complaining. I''m not even going to bother with these people. Or call the police. I feel this is wrong on so many levels. I think there is steam coming out of my ears right now.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry you have sucky neighbors! That is SO rude!

Definitely call the city, tell them about it. They should have to fix the fence of it''s falling down, or chain up their dogs. Period. Especially if they are big and scary.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
UGH, I would be so livid too. That is just so freakin inconsiderate of them. I can''t believe that woman left everything just the way it was. I''d be knocking at her door first thing tomorrow morning and letting her know she can come down to your yard any time and clean up the mess. OR, you can have it professionally cleaned and send her the bill.

Good thing you took pictures. Next time take pictures with the dogs in action.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d be livid too. Not sure how it works in Canada, but you mentioned calling the city. Call them first thing in the morning. I have no words for what they did. Rude doesn''t even begin to explain it. Hoping you get this all sorted out Ally.
29.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooo......I can''t even imagine. I''m getting POed just reading about it. I''m sorry Ally.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
You have every right to be POed - I would be too!
29.gif
29.gif
I agree with waiting until tomorrow and calling the city or the police though - always better to be safe than sorry with scary people!
23.gif

I really hope you can get it cleaned up ASAP!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ugh. We cleaned it up. Imagine, in the middle of the night. Actually, I tested the sturdiness of the fence, and is actually fell over. Well I LEFT it there. I didn''t bother to try and fix it, and I''m not going to be knocking at his door at 22:00 at night to tell him. Perhaps if I have time tomorrow, I''ll let him know. Or NOT. Since he didn''t let me know about the trash all over our yard.

I''m feeling a little spiteful now. Cleaning trash up in the dark will do that to you.

However, if I see the dogs running around in my yard again I''m going to call the city on the dogs. Sorry. They are really scary dogs, and there are kids EVERYWHERE playing in the streets.
29.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 10:27:26 PM
Author: allycat0303
Ugh. We cleaned it up. Imagine, in the middle of the night. Actually, I tested the sturdiness of the fence, and is actually fell over. Well I LEFT it there. I didn't bother to try and fix it, and I'm not going to be knocking at his door at 22:00 at night to tell him. Perhaps if I have time tomorrow, I'll let him know. Or NOT. Since he didn't let me know about the trash all over our yard.

I'm feeling a little spiteful now. Cleaning trash up in the dark will do that to you.

However, if I see the dogs running around in my yard again I'm going to call the city on the dogs. Sorry. They are really scary dogs, and there are kids EVERYWHERE playing in the streets.
29.gif
I'd be so worreid about them hurting the kids,... I'd really make that call first thing. If not for you, for those innocent kids. You'll be the doc stitching them up after they get bitten.... I am so sorry you have to deal with this. But please make that call!!!
5.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I''m such a loser. My evil tendency lasted 3 minutes. I had my boyfriend tie the fence with some rope
20.gif
I don''t think it''s going to hold though when the dogs push on it. Don''t worry Lisa, I''ll tell them tomorrow. But I''m pretty sure he''s going to leave there. He doesn''t even pick up the dog poop in his backyard. So I''m not going to holding my breath.
20.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I will pick up the trash and dump it in their backyard. Of course I''m only saying this because I''m safe all the way over here. It''s still a satisfying thought though
27.gif
11.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I would be FUMING if I were you! I give you a lot of credit for picking up the trash, I am not sure that I would have done that. That is just rude of your neighbors...gosh, people are so RUDE!

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow!!! I would be boiling!!! That is beyond rude. Definitely call the city!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ally, that is beyond rude. Please call the city. If they don''t even pick up dog poop, that is unsanitary. They could also be in trouble for that too.
14.gif

I am so sorry, this is happening to you.

Linda

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a Homeowner''s Association? Can you go through them to lodge a complaint?

I just went through a similar situation with my next door neighbor....I finally ran into them while they were walking their dogs and I confronted them, while in my car, and we resolved things then and there. Otherwise, I was going to get the police involved.

Good luck!

Lori

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Ally!

My parents had a similar problem... big scary neighbor dog broke part of the fence and would come in their backyard to do his "business" and harass my parent''s dogs. My mom took pictures and everything but the city said they can''t do anything unless the city officials actually catch that dog in their yard! My mom called the police and got the same story. My mom even called that home''s owner (who lives out of state) and he refused to do anything. Thankfully they ended up moving...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Check with your local bylaw officer. I don''t know if it''s the same where you live, but where we live in Ontario, each neighbour is responsible for 50% of fencing costs between adjoining properties. That might mean that "their" fence is actually yours too, and you may have to pay for half of the repair/replacement cost. You might want to check that out. But I totally agree that the situation is unacceptable and they are probably looking at someone suing them if their dogs keep getting out like that and are causing property damage or scaring people. Ridiculous!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard also in my area of San Diego, neighbor''s usually split the cost of a fence. The quote I had for my very small fence would be $1500 and that''s just my half! Hopefully, you''ll come up with a good solution. I''d be angry as heck too that they didn''t offer to pick the trash up!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I would definitely be calling the council and if they say they can''t do anything, still ask to lodge an ''official'' complaint.

Personally, I think behaviour like that from owners and dogs is a worry. We have several nasty dog attacks in Australia - to the point where old people or toddlers die- every year.

Dogs that roam are bad news.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Well in Quebec, you don''t have to have a fence unless you have a dog or pool. We have neither. When we moved here we immediately inquired if they would like to split the cost of a fence (it was falling down 4 YEARS ago!) The guy pretty rudely said "NO". So although he had dogs and a pool, my FIL and boyfriend spent a lot of time fixing it. Of course this was a temporary measure, but the guy never offered to help NOR did he offer to pay for the materials.

In any case, I would say up until YESTURDAY, we were still willing to pay for half the fence. Although now I''m not paying a penny because of the disrespect. I can live very well without a fence, and have no obligation to put one up. He''ll have to figure out how what he wants to let his dogs run around with a fence. Or they can poop in his house, because he''s too lazy to walk them. That''s right. He NEVER walks them. Just lets them run around the yard at 2:00 am, or all hours of the night.

The pool in itself is in violation of Quebec law without a sturdy fence though. So I''ll see what he says today.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
ugh that is so frustrating!! stating the obvious- they must not even care if their dog gets loose, and bites someone!! i am a big sap when it comes to dogs, but these people would get me at the end of my rope too!!

please do call the city, police, heck local city rep on these people!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Just . . . WOW!
23.gif

Ally, I''m so sorry your neighbors are such jerks. DH and I have three large dogs, and we have a fenced back yard. If our dogs managed to break through the fence and "trashed" someone else''s yard, I would be MORTIFIED and I would clean it up immediately and repair the fence at my own expense. (Of course, I would also apologize to the neighbors . . . profusely and as soon as reasonably possible.) I just don''t understand people sometimes.
38.gif

I hope you get everything straightened out!
21.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d definitely report them. That''s crazy that they left all the trash there for you to pick up!
29.gif
29.gif
I''m so annoyed for you!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo, ally my blood pressure shot up just reading your post! i cannot imagine having to live next to these creeps. i am afraid for you and the kids in your neighborhood - this sounds like an incredibly unsafe situation and one that is bound to lead to someone getting hurt. sending you some ''neighbors-move-far-far-away dust''!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow that SUCKS!! I''d definitely call and report that!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
WTF
29.gif
seriously these people are always the first to complain - loudly - when something small happens to them.

REPORT THEM!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ally, that is horrible. You are much more patient than I am. Having heard about my FMIL and her issues with a backyard neighbor, I would have acted on that immediately. I''m sure he would have done the saem if the situation was somehow flipped. Heck, I''d bet he''d hold your dog until the dog had been picked up.

When do you plan on going over there today? I hoep you took a picture of the rope holding the fence up, that YOU ALL tied.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ally, I really hope you can get this guy to take some responsibility. Don''t give in - he clearly violated laws and damaged YOUR property, and you have every right to do whatever you can to make him do his part.
29.gif

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
I''d report the people, not the dogs. The dogs have not done anything wrong at this point. They have not attacked anyone, just gone through trash. Well, they ARE dogs.

But it seems these people are not fit to have neighbors (let alone LIVING ANIMALS!!), so maybe their dogs should be taken away! I wouldn''t say that they are aggressive, because sometimes shelters will euthanize them without giving them a chance
7.gif
Who knows? Maybe the dogs are aggressive because they''re not well cared for? They deserve another chance if you ask me
7.gif

Let us know what happens! I hope they''re made to fix the fence!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
You''d definitely report them. That''s crazy that they left all the trash there for you to pick up!
29.gif
29.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Blah. So we talked to the neighbors yesturday and they refused to get the fence fixed. Currently it''s being held up with some cheap rope. This afternoon the dog managed to squeeze through again and yup, you guessed it, trash all over the yard again. And again they didn''t clean it up. I talked to my fiance about calling the city and he said that it would be like declaring all out war, and he wanted to try and talk to the neighbors again. I think this is a monumental waste of time. It''s pretty obvious to me that these people are disrespectful and disgusting. How many infinite chances can we give them? But I''m letting my fiance deal with it. He picks up the trash, and when he''s annoyed enough, he''ll have to do something about it. I don''t think it''s up to deal with that guy. GRRR.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results