shape
carat
color
clarity

i am in shock! this guy is selling my watch on Ebay..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
here's the story...
in the early July i agreed to sell him the watch for $15,300 and he supposed to send me a deposit of $300 with the balance due when we meet up on Aug 17 in San Jose,Ca. the first check "supposably" was lost in the mail.. :rolleyes: the second check he said was returned b/c it was to an undeliverable address.. :rolleyes: then the 3rd time he said he'll send me the $300 deposit USPS priority mail.this was 3 weeks ago.. :rolleyes:

then 2 weeks ago he said the watchmaker in NY told him that it will cost $1100 to fix the nick on the bezel of the watch,but the same watchmaker told me 6 weeks ago it'll only cost $100-$200 to fix the nick.anyhow,about 3 weeks ago i agreed to sell him the watch for $15K.

He's now selling the watch on Ebay but the watch is still in my possession :!: ... :o :nono:.. the pics he posted on Ebay are the same ones i emailed him,and there are 11 offers for the watch!!. i mean i don't care if he sells the watch for a million bucks,but buy it from me first :!: :angryfire: ..then he can do whatever!!.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-LANGE-SOHNE-Lange-1-Rose-Gold-All-B-P-101-032-/190570272958?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2c5edf98be

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I highly suggest you cancel the transaction with this guy for breach since he never fulfilled his end of the deal by giving you a viable deposit and file a report with ebay about fraud and also claim copyright for your pics. Then I suggest you list your watch for 16,800 on ebay and reap the rewards.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
His ad says the nick can be fixed for $200! Up your price!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Wow. Sorry, DF.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this guy has 100% approval rating (only 54 transactions though but still) which goes to show you that even with a high rating you cannot trust 100%. :knockout:

I'm with Gypsy. At the very least I would not sell your watch to him because it looks like he is seeing what he can get for it first before he actually buys it from you and is likely to cancel your deal if he doesn't get what he wants. Unscrupulous and unethical to say the least. Could you report him to ebay for this? Or is there not enough proof it is your watch he is trying to sell?

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
That is the sketchiest thing I've ever seen! I would report to ebay and have no more dealings with this shiester. I really wish you wouldn't sell that watch, I lurve it so much!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
missy|1314868789|3007210 said:
And this guy has 100% approval rating (only 54 transactions though but still) which goes to show you that even with a high rating you cannot trust 100%. :knockout:

I know, right?

"Please bid with confidence."

Ok, then.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should put in an offer! $15,300 sounds about right!

I'm not sure what he thinks he's going to do. Ebay fees are so high that even if he gets asking price, he's not making much money.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
This guy's a real operator! I'd get outta this deal asap. Good bet you'll never see the money, one way or another. Slippery type -- how did you happen to find the listing on eBay? Lucky you did. It would be a good deed to other potential customers of his to report him to eBay. What a shame he had to wander into your orbit, DF.

--- Laurie

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I guess you know how he's going to get the money to pay you :tongue:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm guessing he has no intention of either buying or selling the watch - it sounds like he was just scamming you to get all the photos and details to make his subsequent scam sale seem credible. People will ask for all these details buying a watch at this level, and the info and photos that you give will be real and verifiable.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that a) he will never pay the balance due to you and b) that whoever "wins" this auction will never receive a watch. The $300 deposit he paid you will just be a fraction of his otherwise 100% profit on this one.

Ok, I really hope I'm wrong.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! What a scammer! :shock: Scary :o

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
You should leave a comment along the lines of how he needs to actually buy the watch from you before he can sell it to someone else.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is really messed up. I am not a big ebay-er but I would get out of that deal quick. He seems really dishonest.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
What??????

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a slimeball! Report him to ebay!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Yikes - I would definitely report him to ebay

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer W|1314878082|3007248 said:
I'm guessing he has no intention of either buying or selling the watch - it sounds like he was just scamming you to get all the photos and details to make his subsequent scam sale seem credible. People will ask for all these details buying a watch at this level, and the info and photos that you give will be real and verifiable.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that a) he will never pay the balance due to you and b) that whoever "wins" this auction will never receive a watch. The $300 deposit he paid you will just be a fraction of his otherwise 100% profit on this one.

Ok, I really hope I'm wrong.

I have to agree. After ebay takes out 9%, and paypal takes (I think it is 2%) he is left with $15,026. Meaning he would make an entire $26 if he actually bought it from you.

:nono: :errrr:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. Talk about chutzpah.

I would report him to eBay ASAP.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 'E" in E-Bay stands for evil. The internet is full of horror stories about people who were cheated there. I agree that he should be reported ASAP.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
That's interstate fraud, it wouldn't even be a civil case, it's federal. :nono:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF- Please cancel the transaction or agreement with this scammer. Oh my! please report to Ebay pronto DF... what a scumbag :nono:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm tempted to email them and ask for wrist shots :naughty:

Then someone should email the seller a link to this thread and see how quickly they remove the listing :oops: . The only downside to that is that the seller would know DF screen name and we don't want that! :blackeye:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Talk about slimy!

He's been stringing you along for a"measly" $300, and now he's trying to sell your watch before he even owns it...? Not somebody I'd want to do business with, and especially not somebody I'd want to meet in person to complete the transaction. If I were you DF, I'd cancel that sale and report him to ebay pronto.

And please do not go and meet this person!

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
I went ahead and reported this as a fraudulent listing, but I've discovered from other forums that it helps get ebay's attention if multiple people report it as a fraudulent listing.

DF, I am so sorry that you are going through this and I hope the listing is removed. What an ugly situation.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
wow! He keeps stringing you along just in case the watch doesn't sell , and if its does he will pay you and send it to the high bidder and if not then he drops you like a hot potato! problem is he hasn't factored in the possibility that you might pull out of the deal! keep in mind he might be using your photos to sell fakes on eBay.i would contact him and say that you received a huge offer and the watch is no longer available :twisted:

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh, the guy did sell a $25K watch and got positive feedback over a month and a half ago...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1314863104|3007194 said:
I highly suggest you cancel the transaction with this guy for breach since he never fulfilled his end of the deal by giving you a viable deposit and file a report with ebay about fraud and also claim copyright for your pics. Then I suggest you list your watch for 16,800 on ebay and reap the rewards.
i had never listed any items for sale on Ebay plus i'd perfer to do a face to face transaction.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1314899081|3007529 said:
Gypsy|1314863104|3007194 said:
i had never listed any items for sale on Ebay plus i'd perfer to do a face to face transaction.
That is horrible! I don't blame you for not wanting to use Ebay. What a jerk!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1314869186|3007211 said:
That is the sketchiest thing I've ever seen! I would report to ebay and have no more dealings with this shiester. I really wish you wouldn't sell that watch, I lurve it so much!
i love the watch too,but i want to buy the same watch with a moonphase function... :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results