shape
carat
color
clarity

i am in shock! this guy is selling my watch on Ebay..

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1314870489|3007216 said:
missy|1314868789|3007210 said:
And this guy has 100% approval rating (only 54 transactions though but still) which goes to show you that even with a high rating you cannot trust 100%. :knockout:

I know, right?

"Please bid with confidence."

Ok, then.
he posted a few expensive watches on timezone but now i wonder how many of these watches he actually owns... :rolleyes:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1314876283|3007238 said:
This guy's a real operator! I'd get outta this deal asap. Good bet you'll never see the money, one way or another. Slippery type -- how did you happen to find the listing on eBay? Lucky you did. It would be a good deed to other potential customers of his to report him to eBay. What a shame he had to wander into your orbit, DF.

--- Laurie
sometime i browse watches for sale on Ebay,boy was i shock last night!!... :o

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Jennifer W|1314878082|3007248 said:
I'm guessing he has no intention of either buying or selling the watch - it sounds like he was just scamming you to get all the photos and details to make his subsequent scam sale seem credible. People will ask for all these details buying a watch at this level, and the info and photos that you give will be real and verifiable.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that a) he will never pay the balance due to you and b) that whoever "wins" this auction will never receive a watch. The $300 deposit he paid you will just be a fraction of his otherwise 100% profit on this one.

Ok, I really hope I'm wrong.
This was my first thought too. The price he has it listed for is not enough of a bump to make it worth his while after fees IMO. Sneaky.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm guessing he has no intention of either buying or selling the watch - it sounds like he was just scamming you to get all the photos and details to make his subsequent scam sale seem credible. People will ask for all these details buying a watch at this level, and the info and photos that you give will be real and verifiable.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that a) he will never pay the balance due to you and b) that whoever "wins" this auction will never receive a watch. The $300 deposit he paid you will just be a fraction of his otherwise 100% profit on this one.

the only way i'll do the deal if he show up with a cashier's check at my bank and then i'll ask my bank to call his bank to make sure the check is good.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1314887358|3007352 said:

I have to agree. After ebay takes out 9%, and paypal takes (I think it is 2%) he is left with $15,026. Meaning he would make an entire $26 if he actually bought it from you.

:nono: :errrr:

FYI: Ebay does indeed charge 9%, but is currently capping Final Value Fees at $100.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

While I think this transaction raises a red flag, am not sure this is illegal. I had a semi-friend who used to option houses. It was a contract to purchase at a future date. This individual went ahead and sold the house to someone else. He exercized his option and closed both transactions. First the option on the house and then the sale to another party. But his buyer did not know he only had an option on the property. No-one thought he was sleazy. No one was cheated and he made money. By the way he was a genuinely nice fellow, and an attorney.
I myself would not trust this fellow. Don't want to sell it too much. He thinks he is a wheeler dealer. Caution!

Annette

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1314899715|3007541 said:
kelpie|1314869186|3007211 said:
That is the sketchiest thing I've ever seen! I would report to ebay and have no more dealings with this shiester. I really wish you wouldn't sell that watch, I lurve it so much!
i love the watch too,but i want to buy the same watch with a moonphase function... :bigsmile:

Ok, I guess I approve then. May I suggest you use www.escrow.com to conduct future online transactions securely?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
vintagelover229|1314893947|3007467 said:
I'm tempted to email them and ask for wrist shots :naughty:

That's exactly what I was thinking! In fact, I think I'll do it.

ETA- Just sent this:

Hi, great watch. I am eager to bid, but would like to get an idea of how it looks on the wrist. Can you please post some pictures of it being worn?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
got a call from him 2 hrs ago he said he will let me know by monday that he'll either wire me the money or do a face to face transaction on tuesday or wednesday.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1314914823|3007760 said:

ETA- Just sent this:

Hi, great watch. I am eager to bid, but would like to get an idea of how it looks on the wrist. Can you please post some pictures of it being worn?

Hey, he already responded!!

"No problem - back in town on Wed and I will send it to you. Please send me your email address. Thanks."

This guy is good.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1314916348|3007778 said:
got a call from him 2 hrs ago he said he will let me know by monday that he'll either wire me the money or do a face to face transaction on tuesday or wednesday.

The guy is doing EXACTLY what Jennifer W suggested. He is using you for information and pictures. When his auction ends, he will turn you down and send an empty box to the poor sucker who buys it off him on eBay. Then he might just run, or file a lost/tampered complaint with the postal service.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1314919027|3007794 said:
amc80|1314914823|3007760 said:

ETA- Just sent this:

Hey, he already responded!!

"No problem - back in town on Wed and I will send it to you. Please send me your email address. Thanks."

This guy is good.
b/c he will receive the watch on Wednesday... :bigsmile:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I filed a report on ebay.

DF, do not sell this guy the watch. Just don't. Because he's a creep. That's all the reason you need.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1314920369|3007815 said:
I filed a report on ebay.

DF, do not sell this guy the watch. Just don't. Because he's a creep. That's all the reason you need.
i have nothing to lose b/c unless i received the money i will not ship him the watch.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am concerned about this guy's 100% positive feedback...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you report him DF? He's obviously not going to pay you until he sells the watch. A calculated game but he's lied to you and you now know he is a fraud. How would you ever be comfortable selling to him and truly believing he had paid you? Unless it's through paypal and you could confirm that the money was there.

I despise scammers!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That is crazy. I like how he thinks you won't notice! Man, I give up on Ebay.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1314921585|3007827 said:
Did you report him DF? He's obviously not going to pay you until he sells the watch. A calculated game but he's lied to you and you now know he is a fraud. How would you ever be comfortable selling to him and truly believing he had paid you? Unless it's through paypal and you could confirm that the money was there.

I despise scammers!

This.

stci

Ideal_Rock
OMG DF!!!! This man is a robber!!!!! Ho noooooo! Don't let him steal you and all the other bidders! Is this possible?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1314899081|3007529 said:
Gypsy|1314863104|3007194 said:
I highly suggest you cancel the transaction with this guy for breach since he never fulfilled his end of the deal by giving you a viable deposit and file a report with ebay about fraud and also claim copyright for your pics. Then I suggest you list your watch for 16,800 on ebay and reap the rewards.
i had never listed any items for sale on Ebay plus i'd perfer to do a face to face transaction.

Oh, okay. so he could kill you and steal your Patek when he is finished with you? NO. you stop that!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
DF, I agree with Autumnovember. People have been mugged or killed for a lot less money than we're talking about here. This guy represents a security risk. And btw, about whether it's "illegal," he's attempting to sell something HE DOESN'T OWN and he's a serial liar. I don't think the legal niceties of it matter too much at this point. I flat wouldn't do it. That watch is highly desirable. You could sell it to someone else.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know how much he can sell it on Ebay, well cut out the middleman and sell it yourself for MUCH LESS RISK.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1314992736|3008530 said:
You know how much he can sell it on Ebay, well cut out the middleman and sell it yourself for MUCH LESS RISK.
i have no risk unless he wired me the money i will not send him the watch.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1 hr left in the auction...should i buy my watch?.. :lol: they raise the retail price by 6% yesterday.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
NO. As Nanny would say, leave it lay where Jesus flung it.. ;)) Don't have any more contact with this idiot.. It's been reported...Now leave it alone..

Way past my bed time. nighty night, sleep tight. Hope your doors are locked..

I don't like Ebay... Too scary for me.... :errrr:

All the best DF...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't do business with this guy DF. He's too sketchy. Be careful.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF is going to what DF is going to do. if he's ok doing business with this guy, so be it. and it does appear he is still ok in doing business with the buy and that it really is only about the $. as long as DF gets his, no foul in DF's book. if he makes the sale, then he condones the business practice of the other guy. my only concern for DF is a physical meeting could be VERY physical to his detriment. but meeting with this guy is his choice.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
So in the end, he didn't get a buyer through the auction, at least through a recorded Ebay transaction?

So that either means: (1) he found one, but is now going to violate Ebay TOS by selling off-site, or (2) he didn't find a buyer so he'll opt out of your arrangement with him?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1315009437|3008708 said:
part gypsy|1314992736|3008530 said:
i have no risk unless he wired me the money i will not send him the watch.

Never have anyone wire money to your personal bank account. Ever.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

Don't these diamond dealers you all love do something similar. They don't own the diamonds they sell. You all call them virtual diamonds. Yes, you have experience with them, so its OK. But new people don't accept this as easily.

My concern is this transaction could go either way. DF be very careful. This guy wants fast money. I f he can make 500.00, he'll be happy. Meet in an open place.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results